BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Pretty sure Davenport was snapped up, can't remember by who of the top of my head

Reading gave him a game against Benfica as a trialist a week or two ago but let him go.

Davenport should get a bottom half champ / top half League One team pretty easily imo.

He didn't really get that fair a shake with us tbh, but with Garrett and A Wharton coming through, and Edun in the picture also, him moving on seems the right thing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm pretty sure half of those academy types are being replaced by new 1st year scholars....

I’m getting the impression the club thinks the kids given squad numbers the other day are a generational wave of first-team bound talent like we haven’t seen since the 1959 Youth Cup winners. Which would be nice.

• Like 1

This may be a wild theory but I wonder if JDT thinks he can turn Dack into a genuine number 9 (not false 9). If we are spending that much on someone who plays 10 and is excellent at pressing. Dack is probably the best finisher at the club and JDT made a career at the highest level out of scoring goals without having any standout physical attributes. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

This may be a wild theory but I wonder if JDT thinks he can turn Dack into a genuine number 9 (not false 9). If we are spending that much on someone who plays 10 and is excellent at pressing. Dack is probably the best finisher at the club and JDT made a career at the highest level out of scoring goals without having any standout physical attributes. 

It seems that he thinks he can develop Gallagher and Dack at the moment doesn't fit into the game plan. 

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Got no profile has he? Should have been given more chances.

Naaah, everyone at every level gets scouted to death these days - how did Spurs know about Ash Phillips before you and me? Jacob obviously didn’t impress anyone with his games in the U23s, and paying £500k for him was rash to say the least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

paying £500k for him was rash to say the least.

Beyond dispute that bit! Just because they are on City's books doesn't automatically make them stars in the making.

Clubs like City and Chelsea etc gather up young players like a trawler wrecks the sea bottom!

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm pretty sure half of those academy types are being replaced by new 1st year scholars....

Looks like Broughton and JDT are being ruthless. 

When these players are going out on loan to teams like Curzon Ashton as 19/20 year olds and not ripping up trees they're just a drain on the wage bill. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Naaah, everyone at every level gets scouted to death these days - how did Spurs know about Ash Phillips before you and me? Jacob obviously didn’t impress anyone with his games in the U23s, and paying £500k for him was rash to say the least.

I think we signed him on the back of an impressive loan season with Burton. I feel for the lad, he looks a decent footballer but he seemed to regress after every injury.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Decent player, but they should be wearing masks at 2.5m seems to be the general consensus on their forum…

I think I mentioned before - does seem steep - but depends on how much success structured - ie so much for promotion, number of games, goals etc.

I do wonder whether we are now looking at lower leagues as there is a better chance they will hit the ground running - but also, when you look at total cost (fee + wages over contract) they represent better value than ex-Premiership academy players who are probably already on a decent salary  and Premiership clubs seem to be looking for increased fees.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The consensus of opinion by Posh fans on Szmodics is that he’s a high energy 10, who looks to get in behind and has a goal or two in him. Interesting profile…

Which, importantly, sounds like he's the right type of player for the way JDT wants to play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Decent player, but they should be wearing masks at 2.5m seems to be the general consensus on their forum…

I think it’s better to wait on what the fee is Matty, I can’t honestly see it being anywhere near £2.5m other than if he takes us up!

Either way though, it’s hard to criticise the club / owners who seem to be putting their money where their mouth is! 👍🏼

• Like 5