BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

30 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

But there are a number of players, who had very poor games!

That's what you get with youth and players in general in this league, inconsistency.  Just not all at once but...

Happens every single season here though despite the personnel and system so why do you think that is ?

End of the day we are a naive young side who went on a fabulous run after being badly exposed. Since one important player got injured we've been being guided back to midtable comfort by the equally naive inconsistent yet very experienced manager.

Just facts but i don't want everyone jumping on Gallagher, look higher up the food chain that's where responsibility lies. Not that any will ever be acknowledged. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's what you get with youth and players in general in this league, inconsistency.  Just not all at once but...

Happens every single season here though despite the personnel and system so why do you think that is ?

End of the day we are a naive young side who went on a fabulous run after being badly exposed. Since one important player got injured we've been being guided back to midtable comfort by the equally naive inconsistent yet very experienced manager.

Just facts but i don't want everyone jumping on Gallagher, look higher up the food chain that's where responsibility lies. Not that any will ever be acknowledged. 

Vis your last paragraph you need to shake your head. Gallagher is total sh1t. £5M to buy and a contract extension recently? He is patron of the Jason Roberts School of Finishing

• Like 1

Just now, dallydally said:

Vis your last paragraph you need to shake your head. Gallagher is total sh1t. £5M to buy and a contract extension recently? He is patron of the Jason Roberts School of Finishing

Shake your own nut then ask who signed him and who puts so much faith in him despite shoving him in a different position every game.

He is what he is and has never been any different so to expect anything better is deluded.

Just now, tomphil said:

Shake your own nut then ask who signed him and who puts so much faith in him despite shoving him in a different position every game.

He is what he is and has never been any different so to expect anything better is deluded.

Two things I don’t understand . Why did we pay a fee for him after seeing what he had to offer after his first spell here ? Why have we just given him another contract ? 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

So I'm deluded? You seem to think he is sh1t which is my view so where do we differ?

4 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Roberts at least had some other good qualities, if he'd been a good finisher he would have been top class! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Nar, if they gave him the gig till the end of the season and he manages to get average results, they'll give him a 3 year contract and we'll be stuck with him and probable relegation to league one.

Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, Benson, Waggot all need to go.

True, but right now I'd give a 3 year contract to a speak your weight machine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I want Mowbray out but I’m starting to realise that we are just a bunch of journey men.Journey men can make it with clear leadership see Nathan Jones but we don’t have that. 
I can’t wait to get to Coventry I’ve heard it’s beautiful in spring 

if you like concrete it`s positively arrousing

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This season is over. Time to start worrying about next season.

I don't want to think about it. I try not to get down about losses, cock ups, the ground falling down, spivs knobs and knockers, venkys forgetting that they even own us, Stockholm syndrome, a statue to clogger don, selling off the training ground, Ewood covered in muck, death threats, snow jobs, myles Anderson, Bradley orr and all the rest of it. 

None of it is my doing, and I won't let it drag me down. Wake me up when venkys have left

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

He stumbled across something that worked, but couldn’t wait to deviate from it. Bollocks Buckley has played as a false 9 all season, he looked great as an attacking midfielder who closed down high up the pitch, but pushing him on further and further forward, and the strikers wider, has resulted in disaster.

Agreed. This has been the subtle change we've seen as the season progressed. In possession Buckley, Rothwell and Trav were a 3. Brereton and Khadra more narrow. Out of possession Buckley pushed higher to press the opposition centre backs. It wasn't a false 9 which is what we're now seeing with very wide strikers. Today was groundhog day. The moment when you thought Tony had finally been pressured into going back to basics, but it wasn't to be. He still persists with his overly complex tactics which push players out of their natural positions.

I see today as curtains, mainly because after whatever went on at half time against Derby, he had the opportunity to almost step back and let his leaders lead. Instead he's made it all about his ideas and honesty; from a people management perspective, that'll be a moral crusher. A sure fire way to break any togetherness. For all we'd achieved this season I'd become Pro-Mowbray for a long time but today he's really hammered that final nail in the coffin of me being certain, we'll never progress with him in charge. Thanks for the hard work Tony, but I think it's time you stepped aside. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hahahahahaha!..Worse than Kean or Coyle??!!!

The truth is that not one of their managerial appointments are up to the standard of Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall or Mackay.

The question is...why?

I think there is an argument of him being more harmful than coyle at this stage. 
fact that he won’t bloody leave just makes me hate him more than the other two 

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Agreed. This has been the subtle change we've seen as the season progressed. In possession Buckley, Rothwell and Trav were a 3. Brereton and Khadra more narrow. Out of possession Buckley pushed higher to press the opposition centre backs. It wasn't a false 9 which is what we're now seeing with very wide strikers. Today was groundhog day. The moment when you thought Tony had finally been pressured into going back to basics, but it wasn't to be. He still persists with his overly complex tactics which push players out of their natural positions.

I see today as curtains, mainly because after whatever went on at half time against Derby, he had the opportunity to almost step back and let his leaders lead. Instead he's made it all about his ideas and honesty; from a people management perspective, that'll be a moral crusher. A sure fire way to break any togetherness. For all we'd achieved this season I'd become Pro-Mowbray for a long time but today he's really hammered that final nail in the coffin of me being certain, we'll never progress with him in charge. Thanks for the hard work Tony, but I think it's time you stepped aside. 

I can mind bigdog arguing the point with me that buckley had to stay up top hahahahaha

Mowbray.

"From total domination in the opening 20 minutes, the game swung on their substitution, bringing [John] Swift on, who made a huge difference for them.

“There wasn’t a tap in that was missed like there was for us, but they started having a few shots.

“We started much better in the second half and I felt the goal would come.

“It came from what I thought was a pretty poor clearance and it drops to their player and it goes into the top corner.

“They had some chances and I thought [Thomas] Kaminski did pretty well for us in goal, making some decent saves," he added.

“We stand here again being left frustrated that we’ve not scored away from home. We need to find a way to win games.”

Not sure I'd say the first 20 minutes were "total domination".

And bringing John Swift on made a huge difference - why didn't you try to sign him Tony? If you are so anti-striker, buy a midfielder who can score and make goals. According to the Reading manager at the time, he was available.

You know what Tony, just fuck off, you'd have ended up playing him as a full back anyway.

It was an abysmal performance with zero redeeming moments.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dallydally said:

So I'm deluded? You seem to think he is sh1t which is my view so where do we differ?

Because he seems to be a scapegoat yet he isn't a good enough striker and never was. Not his fault that hes been jerked about here week to week and now everyone including the deluded manager is wondering why he isn't Danny Graham.

He is a squad man at best in a decent championship outfit and he has played his part this season. I don't expect him to hit a barn door i suppose that's where we differ.

I do expect better from the manager in terms of how he uses him and who else he has on the books.

• Like 1

"You have to drive the guy next to you on and that is what football is and some of them have fallen a bit short in that area but that is because they are so young and have been nowhere near the top half of the Championship

would rather vomit than read the rest of that shit

fuck off mowbray

• Like 1