BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

On 02/04/2022 at 23:29, matt83 said:

We were 2nd in February that’s the magnitude of this seasons death spiral. 

The sad thing is, really sad thing, that in our heart if hearts most of us knew it was coming.  To me that's damning.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, USABlue said:

The sad thing is, really sad thing, that in our heart if hearts most of us knew it was coming.  To me that's damning.

yep and im certain if we keep falling away, dont make the play offs and Mowbray goes... then you can bet your bottom dollar that at some point he will be blaming the fans for being pessimistic and never being fully on board ZZZzzzzzzz

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

yep and im certain if we keep falling away, dont make the play offs and Mowbray goes... then you can bet your bottom dollar that at some point he will be blaming the fans for being pessimistic and never being fully on board ZZZzzzzzzz

Yes even though the pessimism was fully justified. 

Exactly what people said would happen, happened. It's still our fault. It's the fans who didn't sign a striker in January, it's the fans who constantly play players out of position when it's been proven time and time and time and time again that it doesn’t work, it's the fans that have absolutely no desire for promotion or to achieve anything other than a mid table plod. What a fucking bunch of shit fans we are.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Yes even though the pessimism was fully justified. 

Exactly what people said would happen, happened. It's still our fault. It's the fans who didn't sign a striker in January, it's the fans who constantly play players out of position when it's been proven time and time and time and time again that it doesn’t work, it's the fans that have absolutely no desire for promotion or to achieve anything other than a mid table plod. What a fucking bunch of shit fans we are.

yup, couldn't agree more

9 hours ago, USABlue said:

Yeah exactly. Think it was before either the Luton or Swansea game only 2 months ago and we were still in second. Out of 5 of us sat in the pub 4 thought there was no chance of the play offs and 1 thought they were a certainty as we’d need to go on a relegation form run for the rest of the season to drop out. He should have known better. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Yeah exactly. Think it was before either the Luton or Swansea game only 2 months ago and we were still in second. Out of 5 of us sat in the pub 4 thought there was no chance of the play offs and 1 thought they were a certainty as we’d need to go on a relegation form run for the rest of the season to drop out. He should have known better. 

I thought we’d no chance of automatic promotion and a 50/50 chance of making the play offs. I think I said so at the time. There’s an aura around teams that go up and at no point did we have that. Forest have that aura.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We appointed a head of recruitment on a one-year contract? Surely not? Recruitment is one of the areas that you need the most long-term planning. Short-term deals for the people in charge of it don't facilitate that.

He always looked like a stop gap appointment right from the off.

We needed a HOR after the previous one left so the job is advertised and various names are banded about. Then in comes another old pal of the manager who was doing very little if anything at all with his time.

Hard to know what if anything to credit him with because we were quite good in the loan market beforehand. So what are we looking at ?  Hedges and who else ?

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We needed a HOR after the previous one left so the job is advertised and various names are banded about. Then in comes another old pal of the manager who was doing very little if anything at all with his time.

Hard to know what if anything to credit him with because we were quite good in the loan market beforehand. So what are we looking at ?  Hedges and who else ?

Zeefuik, Giles, Brown, the kid from Spurs. None of those have set the world on fire. Giles looks half decent in his rightful position.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Zeefuik, Giles, Brown, the kid from Spurs. None of those have set the world on fire. Giles looks half decent in his rightful position.

It is difficult to set the world on fire if you are injured or played totally out of position.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

He was credited with the Khadra loan specifically. As in, direct recommendation. Old pals act it may be, but he does have a bit of pedigree, and I'm surprised TM didn't get his mate a cushy 3 year deal. Maybe he said, 'John, if I stay you stay, but I'm probably off at the end of the year and I'll get you a gig at the new place'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

It is difficult to set the world on fire if you are injured or played totally out of position.

Very good point.

Zeefuik - injured mostly, and played out of position half the time or more when fit.

Giles - almost always out of position.

Brown - never played even when all other RBs out, but given a new deal anyway.

Markanday - injured.

It's really hard to know what we actually got with these players, as they either haven't been used or haven't been used right.

People are being very generous with their ratings here. We've had some good runs, but time and time again the collapses have been horrific and wiped out anything even remotely positive that had been build by those runs. Even more alarmingly he inspires no fight whatsoever in the players. Too busy thinking about what total garbage he will be spew in the next interview. A 3/10 at most. He's only still here because we have no owners, no one in the running of the club has any ambition.

• Like 3

That game today summed his reign up as a whole. Sticking with a formation that everyone but himself can see isn’t working to then making changes and players having to run over to ask him where they’re meant to be playing. I can’t see how anyone can defend him after that today

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Mowbray's reign as a whole eh ?

SH*TE , SH*TE and more SH*TE.

Not quite right.

The League 1 promotion campaign was a reasonable effort although given the fact it was so heavily bankrolled by the owners it would have been an absolute disaster had we not gone up.

At Championship level however, completely agree. His record for us in this division is absolute shite. I keep saying it but given the backing he's had, pound for pound he's our worst ever manager for me.

• Like 2