BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

For clarity, do you know what Alan Nixon's job is / what he gets paid for ?

Ah, that old chestnut.

Wording this carefully, I did hear rumours that a certain scribe was working very..er..closely with a "wanna buy a watch" merchant from Barnet.....

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want Daniel Farke as our manager who is reported to be interested in the Rovers manager job. would be the perfect fit for our club give his success and the job he did at Norwich. 

Farke hasn't been able to keep Norwich in the Premier League for 1 season. Dyche has kept Burnley up for 6 seasons or so.

So yes, makes absolute sense to prefer Farke because he's not a "dingle"

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As others have touched on, what we need to do and what Venkys will do are 2 different things. And I wouldnt get too obsessive over tabloid hacks making stories up about 6 man shortlists when we havent even announced Mowbrays departure.

Mowbray has announce his departure from the club and he will leave here after the Birmingham game. So when are you going to accept he is leaving the club this summer. 

No Rovers haven't announced it but we did the same with Lambert so I expect the same here. 

No-one is getting obsessive over tabloid hacks at all but simply using the information out there from varied sources. If you want to do what you always do and dismiss it fair enough but I will continue using the info out there in the public domain 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your comments about Dyche are very childish. He would never come but he would be an incredible appointment if we had any ambition. I presume that if Cornet, Tarkowski and Pope became available in the summer, you would be equally dismissive.

No, my comments are my opinions and I stand by them as I always do with my comments/posts on here. 

We have to agree on disagree on Dyche. I have nothing to add to my previous posts, opinions and comments on it

None are coming here so its doesn't matter one jot of difference 

11 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

For clarity, do you know what Alan Nixon's job is / what he gets paid for ?

You are ignoring other good sources of info just for clarity

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Farke hasn't been able to keep Norwich in the Premier League for 1 season. Dyche has kept Burnley up for 6 seasons or so.

So yes, makes absolute sense to prefer Farke because he's not a "dingle"

How about we get to the PL first!!! Appoint Farke and back him then we might be there within 2 or 3 seasons! 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How about we get to the PL first!!! Appoint Farke and back him then we might be there within 2 or 3 seasons! 

Dyche has won promotion with Burnley twice

• Like 4

Lambert's departure was announced well before the end of the season finale. So much so that at Rotherham for his final game many fans were singing "Paul Lambert, We want you to stay".

Infact just about any reasonable, professional, competent Club would by now have released some form of statement about the manager's future rather than leaving him to deal with it and the media alone.

The coward Waggott can hide away and hope this all blows over but I know what he is -  masquerading as a CEO when he probably can't even order a bag of grass seed without Indian approval.

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I wonder if the silence from Waggott / Venkys is due to them already having someone set to join just waiting for Mowbray to leave.

I suspect it's because they haven't got a clue what they're doing. This thread will be over 500 pages before we get a new manager.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dyche has won promotion with Burnley twice

Good for them. Still a dingle and still stay clear of him. 

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Oh sorry, you only named Nixon and a Rovers fan (like me & you). As you were.

Actually I said 3 good sources of information if you look back 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I did hear positive whispers on that front immediately after Dyche left Burnley but nothing since.

Stop making things up Simon, what utter bullshit.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Two to three seasons and we might be there, some high expectations there…

Whoever comes in will need at least one season to rebuild, implement his style and bring in players that he feels he needs. Us as fans have to be prepared to give him that. 

• Like 1

Whilst not a fan of the slow build I do think whoever comes in needs a good six months to get to grips with what’s going on and implement a style  etc. patience will be needed over knee jerk reaction. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Whoever comes in will need at least one season to rebuild, implement his style and bring in players that he feels he needs. Us as fans have to be prepared to give him that. 

So after three years of Farke we might have a chance of promotion? He won’t be prepared to give us that, not the other way round…

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for them. Still a dingle and still stay clear of him. 

Adam Blacklaw and John Connelly (look them up) were "dingles" and very good players who went on to play for Rovers. So were a few others

Quite frankly, it's a stupid comment

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has announce his departure from the club and he will leave here after the Birmingham game. So when are you going to accept he is leaving the club this summer. 

No Rovers haven't announced it but we did the same with Lambert so I expect the same here. 

No-one is getting obsessive over tabloid hacks at all but simply using the information out there from varied sources. If you want to do what you always do and dismiss it fair enough but I will continue using the info out there in the public domain 

No, my comments are my opinions and I stand by them as I always do with my comments/posts on here. 

We have to agree on disagree on Dyche. I have nothing to add to my previous posts, opinions and comments on it

None are coming here so its doesn't matter one jot of difference 

You are ignoring other good sources of info just for clarity

😂 I have "accepted" it. The total lack of clarity coming from Venkys even since he as good as announced it himself plus the general lack of clarity and transparency on top of the way the club has been run across 12 terrible years tells me NOT to expect a plan. There is no way that 6 targets have been identified pending imminent interviews.

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I wonder if the silence from Waggott / Venkys is due to them already having someone set to join just waiting for Mowbray to leave.

Do you think that Venkys even know that Mowbray is leaving?

Surely after all of these years, you dont expect a reasonable plan surely? And if that was the case, surely they would have announced Mowbrays imminent exit already? Even if it was a case of Mowbray will leave upon the expiry of his contract, x will take over.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Well going off the HSH list that someone previously reported on here - the shortlist is likely to look something like this:

Mark Robins

Tony Pulis

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Rob Edwards

If it's Micky Mellon I will literally gouge my eyeballs out

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You stand rigidly by your comments and repeat them ad nauseum, but frequently something gives and you end up doing a complete u turn and shouting about something else for dozens of posts a day.

You’ve arbitrarily decided that the club need to interview 6 people for a managers job, you’ve even decided who those 6 should be. Presumably because this mirrors your own experiences in your working life you think it’s the best/only way for us to go about appointing someone into a role as high profile as Rovers manager. You then convince yourself that this is absolutely what is happening and get mad when anyone suggests that this might not be the way things actually pan out.

You obviously want Farke, so if the decision makers at the club felt the same, why interview 5 other people? It’s not to get them to run through their CV is it? Managers accomplishments or otherwise are pretty public. What would Lee Johnson have to say in his interview to jump to the top of the pile ahead of Farke?

That Dingle comment doesn’t come as much of a surprise considering the small minded views you often portray and your completely insular views on everything.

• Like 4

Nigel Adkins is the one for this lot. I don't want him, but I think he's right up their alley and likely to get the job. If I was asked to guess who I think will get it, I would go with Adkins.

On the scrapheap just like Mowbray was. He's not even in the discussion, just like Mowbray wasn't in 2017. A similar manager to Lambert, Coyle, Mowbray. He would jump at the chance, IMO. He was previously linked with the Rovers job too.

Why would they like him?

1) Because he won back to back promotions at Southampton once upon a time. From L1 to the Prem in two seasons. Something that they apparently wanted Mowbray to do in 2018.

2) His Southampton teams played good football.

3) His stats at Southampton are pretty good. In their promotion season from L1 they kept a club record number of clean sheets.

4) The following season in the Championship they set a club record of 10 consecutive league wins. They lost only 2 of their first 17 games (the opposite of a Mowbray spiral). They went on a 12 game unbeaten run from January to March to stay in the top 2 and finish 2nd (opposite of Mowbray). They stayed in the top 2 all season in their first season back up from L1. That's pretty impressive.

If we look at what happened with Adkins after Southampton it's clear he's another Mowbray though.

Reading - Appointed in March 2013 with Reading in the Premier League. He couldn't save them from relegation, even though most of the damage was done by previous manager, Brian McDermott.

First season in the Championship he finishes 7th. One spot above Rovers and a point away from the play offs. He was sacked in December 2014 after a 6-1 defeat against Brum with Reading 10 points behind the play off places.

Sheff Utd - He lasts one season as their manager in L1 guiding them to their lowest league finish in 32 years. They finish 11th, 8 points off the play offs and Adkins is sacked as a result.

Hull - He arrived at Hull in December 2017 with Hull sat 20th and 3 points above the drop zone. They finished 18th, 8 points clear of danger. The following season he achieves a comfortable mid table finish in 13th. At the end of that season he rejects the offer of a new contract and leaves the club as he and the owners fail to agree on future plans.

Charlton - He takes over from Lee Bowyer in March 2021 with 10 games left to play in the 20/21 season. He wins 5 out of those 10 games, as Charlton finish level on points with Oxford in 6th place but miss out on the play offs by goal difference. Similar to Mowbray in that "he was so close".

He was sacked this season, in October 2021, after a dismal run of 2 wins in 13 left Charlton in the relegation zone in L1.

He definitely has a bit of Mowbray about him. I don't want him here, he would be no different to Mowbray for me. What are the chances though that the Pune lot simply hear about his Southampton days and say "yeah, he's the man"? It would be just like them to ignore recent history and appoint him based on what he did 10 years ago.

• Like 1