BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Rich Sharpe on trying to get an interview with Waggott

E44173D3-B9B4-4C13-9D00-4CEDEFCB6595.png

Weird situation.

That would tend to suggest either that they hadnt actually made a final decision on Mowbray's future and the devious old bastard caught them on the hop with his comments and they don't know what to do now, or that Waggott is going as well against his will and is sulking in a huff somewhere.

The latter still wouldn't preclude the Club from putting out the usual generic statement thanking him/them for their service though.

Did Miller say it was the end of season awards (Ha!) tonight? I hope anyone unfortunate enough to have forked out on a ticket for same does not let Waggott off the hook.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Weird situation.

That would tend to suggest either that they hadnt actually made a final decision on Mowbray's future and the devious old bastard caught them on the hop with his comments and they don't know what to do now, or that Waggott is going as well against his will and is sulking in a huff somewhere.

They are now even more confused than the last time they said they were confused!!🤪

It's Saturday night at Puna Towers and Balaji Bling is spinning on his back to New Order..

🤪

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did Miller say it was the end of season awards (Ha!) tonight? I hope anyone unfortunate enough to have forked out on a ticket for same does not let Waggott off the hook.

Aye, 75 quid a ticket though. Anyone daft enough to pay that will probably be more interested in having a selfie with Waggott than asking him what he’s playing at.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet after four abysmal seasons under Mowbray you still claim to want to persist with him.

Yet 11yrs under Venkys and you still think they’re going to appoint a Bobby dazzler like Dyche who was on £5m+ at dingleville 😂

Edited by Gav

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Aye, 75 quid a ticket though. Anyone daft enough to pay that will probably be more interested in having a selfie with Waggott than asking him what he’s playing at.

I was told at the weekend that lots of Ewood staff have been invited for free as the uptake is embarrassingly low. As you say £75 for a three course meal is scandalous and another example of how he sees the fan's as cash cows.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

A selfie with Waggott........ Lol.

Chaddy would probably pay - unless Steve then told him they were on the point of appointing Dyche.

• Like 4

Just now, arbitro said:

I was told at the weekend that lots of Ewood staff have been invited for free as the uptake is embarrassingly low. As you say £75 for a three course meal is scandalous and another example of how he sees the fan's as cash cows.

Surely more to do with the second half of the season collapse than the price - although that doesn't help.

If hypothetically we'd beaten Bournemouth to clinch automatic promotion you'd imagine it'd be rammed out.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Rich Sharpe on trying to get an interview with Waggott

E44173D3-B9B4-4C13-9D00-4CEDEFCB6595.png

Excuse me for thinking nobody at Ewood at least, that has a clue what’s happening.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, den said:

Excuse me for thinking nobody at Ewood at least, that has a clue what’s happening.

Maybe Venky’s don’t either. 

Damien Johnson next manager. Better get stocked up on coffee asap. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, briansol said:

Whatever style, the clubs need to establish a clear philosophy on how they want to play and not change for every managerial approach. Look at Ajax, Bayern etc, might include Brentford as well. They hire manager to implement their philosophy as well as down the academy setups. That also gives you an easier transfer policy as you bring in players to fit clear criterias. Look at how many clubs that needs to change the whole squad because they don't players to implement the current manager's style.

Another example is Bodø/Glimt here in Norway, who is a smaller city (55 000) here in Norway. They have been doing this for years and now looking to win the league 3 years in a row. This season they reached the quarter final of European Conference League, turning over teams like Celtic, Alkmaar among other. Won over Mourinho's Roma twice (First win was 6-1 which was Mourinho biggest loss in his career). They won 3-1 at Celtic Park despite being two month off-season. Even more impressive is that they lose half of their players each year to foreign clubs and are able to replace them with unknowns. All this because they players coming in are bought to fit the system with clear defined roles.

Oh, and they also have a great manager in Kjetil Knutsen who somebody mentioned as candidate. Don't think we'd be able to get him as he just signed a new contract and they are probably bigger fish waiting to take him in the horizon.

I mentioned Knutsen a while back as a left-field option, but no idea how realistic it is. I think chaddy has mentioned him in recent weeks too.

22 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Waggott won't have a clue what is going on, I suspect. He's not going to put himself in the firing line, so to speak, infront of Bayes, Sharpe or any other reporter to throw questions at him. I expect him to keep hiding away for as long as he can.

We're all hoping that something is happening backstage, some sort of shortlist is being drawn up, interviews are being planned and as fans we would expect nothing less.

The sad fact is we are hoping an individual like Balaji Rao does the right thing. Let that sink in. An absolute clown who has zero football knowledge. We're expecting him to get us a Farke or another exciting option to give us a chance of promotion. It's laughable and sad at the same time. Expecting a dud, but hoping they fluke the right appointment for once.

It all comes down to who is advising them. If it’s that idiot Honeyman, then we are doomed. 

• Like 1

The ball is in their court. I'm in no rush to renew and will happily pay £30 more if it means waiting to see who turns up.

I'm past the point of this nonsense. I almost didn't renew last year. Covid has taught me I can do other things if needed.

• Like 3

Before we get too giddy with statements about how we'd rather keep Mowbray than have X Y or Z etc let's just remind ourselves of the last 19 (or half a season's League results).

L W D L L D

L W L D L W

L D D L L W

L

Seventeen points from nineteen games or the equivalent of 34 points over a full season.

And all that from a team that had previously had enough raw ability to get into 2nd.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Completely agree with this. He's their man.

He was one of the small number of names that got mentioned in February 2017 before Mowbray turned up here.

There is clearly a policy here of employing managers who have a PL promotion on their CV - Lambert, Coyle, Warnock (almost), Mowbray

Most importantly Adkins would do the job how they want it - he would work with Lowe and Benson and limit his coaching demands to being able to appoint his old mate Crosby (similar to Mowbray with Venus).

He has that uber positive attitude and mentality which borders on nonsensical at times but would go down well in the Pune bungalow in the annual summit meeting.

I thought we were getting a "reset".

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'd take Robert Wagner now. I'm sure he managed a few disaster films in tge 70s.

Still going strong as well.

Mowbray will probably be about that age when he leaves.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Everyone is very quick to slate Steve Waggott over the handling of this situation. Have you stopped to think that we are only hearing Tony's side of the story and taking it as gospel. 

Looking forward to hearing Waggott's side of the story, not that I believe a word he says.

But until then whilst the silence continues I'll maintain he and the Club he 'directs' have behaved disgracefully so far.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Everyone is very quick to slate Steve Waggott over the handling of this situation. Have you stopped to think that we are only hearing Tony's side of the story and taking it as gospel. 

As much as I think Mowbray is a canny operator who knows what he’s doing, in this instance I think he is hedging his bets so he leaves with dignity and reputation held high, whilst not actively saying he wants to leave because deep down he doesn’t. That’s why he hasn’t simply said “Ive made my mind up. I want to leave”

However I don’t think there’s any doubt that he has had no communication about his contract. I don’t believe he would go into press conferences and say he hasn’t discussed his contract at all when he actually has. That would be bare-faced, even by Kean standards.

Personally I think Waggot would love to keep Mowbray and would recommend that to the owners, but he’s no line to them at the moment either, hence why he’s gone quiet.

20 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Well where's his press conference to actually communicate with the fans? 

We've heard nothing for weeks.

• Like 1