BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Woodgate took over Bournemouth when they were 7th, got them to 3rd before stumbling down to 6th and only qualifying for the play offs in the last week of the season.

If after 6 weeks we employ Woodgate then surely questions have to be asked.

• Like 1

Warburton?  I remember not too long ago many on here were clamoring for him to be here, stock has dropped considerably, almost mirrored with QPR what Mowbary did with us last season

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

There's no finger pointing from me!! 

I'm absolutely certain any info @glen9mullan shares is shared with the best of intentions and comes from reputable sources.

I'm just curious (as we all are) if there's more to this weeks shenanigans than we are led to believe in the media and like everyone else on here I'm trying to understand who exactly is pull the strings behind the scenes at this moment in time! 

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if Glens claims of June 6.come to fruition, or even if the same name is in the hot seat.at.all.  Unferstand I am not questioning Glen just have no faith in Venkies to get it done.  They are just incompetent and so so blinkered, why oh why they can not get it in their thick skulls that some succesful investment can lead to riches financially and profile wise for their chicken business.  I am just left bewildered.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

You only have to look at our last appointment to know how relevant the odds are. Perhaps at other clubs you could read into it more, but not even the clowns that own us know what's going to happen let alone people like Nixon etc that affect the betting markets 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ainsworth will be our next manager,got a contact behind the scenes who has told me he`s currently on holiday after wycombe`s exploits,he`s already been interviewed and has agreed to take the job,when he gets back from his break he will be paraded before the local gutter press

And the odds tumble 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

There's no finger pointing from me!! 

I'm absolutely certain any info @glen9mullan shares is shared with the best of intentions and comes from reputable sources.

I'm just curious (as we all are) if there's more to this weeks shenanigans than we are led to believe in the media and like everyone else on here I'm trying to understand who exactly is pull the strings behind the scenes at this moment in time! 

The million dollar question. Which lunatic is running the asylum?

33 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ainsworth will be our next manager,got a contact behind the scenes who has told me he`s currently on holiday after wycombe`s exploits,he`s already been interviewed and has agreed to take the job,when he gets back from his break he will be paraded before the local gutter press

Be happy with this if true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

If after 6 weeks we employ Woodgate then surely questions have to be asked.

Surly if that happens no questions need asking and everybody on both sides of the fence has the answer they need

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

If Ainsworth was a free agent I could see this.

The fact we will have to pay Wycombe for him though tells me it isn't going to happen unfortunately.

47 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Genuine or on the wind up?

52 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Dear god. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Dear god. 

What's bad about Ainsworth?

Worked absolute wonders at Wycombe.

Zero budget got them promoted from league 2 no budget to Championship.

Relegated from champ as they had no budget and there players were awful.

With a good team he would work absolute wonders.

Plus he's a winner with a winners mentality.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

So why bother interviewing him? You've said it yourself, he won't improve on last season.

maybe the people interviewing don't hold the same opinion as we do. He wouldn't be the worst choice we could appoint but he isn't a choice to take us to that next level. Cos that what the next head coach needs to do. Maybe Woodgate might be able to take us promotion. who knows. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All that the numerous candidates being interviewed tells me is - they haven’t got a clue. When we had a board that had their fingers on the pulse of the British football scene they identified the chosen candidate and then went out and got him. I would imagine then that the directors would have had a potential candidate or candidates in mind even when things were going well with the current manager. You never know when Sheffield Utd, Newcastle, Birmingham or Everton will come calling.

There is nothing wrong with interviewing a number of candidates and then pick the right one. 

If it’s Ainsworth, I think his zeal and love for Blackburn Rovers would shine through. He would be a beacon of light to players and fans alike. 

True, we may not win anymore than with Tony, but loving your club has to be better than the image of head in hands, shrug of shoulders, etc. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

maybe the people interviewing don't hold the same opinion as we do. He wouldn't be the worst choice we could appoint but he isn't a choice to take us to that next level. Cos that what the next head coach needs to do. Maybe Woodgate might be able to take us promotion. who knows. 

There is nothing wrong with interviewing a number of candidates and then pick the right one. 

Nonsense, Woodgate would be an absolutely shocking appointment. 

• Like 7