BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I do think that it is potentially setting yourselves up for disapointment if too much focus is given to one half of a 46 game season and that an 8th place finish is seen as a lower than average season due to having a "poor" manager.

At this present moment factoring everything into account including a lot of assumptions and accepting how early it is, I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if we finish higher than 8th.

Prepare to be surprised.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's sounding like JDT then - but have we had anything firmer than 'a bloke on Twitter said it'?

Looking at the odds, there's money to be made if anyone has an unofficial (reliable!) word?

It's JDT. Awaiting work permit apparently before being announced. 

• Like 3

Not against JDT he could be an interesting appointment you never really know until they are here doing their stuff.  Then it usually quickly becomes clear which way it'll go.

My main concern on this if it should happen is how it has come about.

You've got a club seemingly courting all sorts of names and most with a big more pedigree or championship experience yet getting nowhere. Then you have a guy out of work for 6 months trying to get back in the game at a good level but got nowhere after pitching himself for other jobs.

In other words nowhere near each others first choices, not a great fit is it really.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, den said:

I never found beating premier league teams anything other than extremely satisfying. Scoring more goals than them was what football is all about.

Not for me, I used to feel sorry for Bolton fans watching the tripe he had them playing. 

I like to watch decent attacking football, not the hoofball he had us playing. 

Most fans were happy when he got the boot not knowing at the time what was to come.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing heh?

• Like 1

JDT with Graham Hunter 

Till he is announced don't think it is a done deal.We have had a few "it's definitely going to be this fella" since this farce of a process began.

Sharpe said they had outlined a 3 year deal never mentioned anything about him being offered the job and as far as I can see no other media outlet is saying he has been offered the job, and if Waggott was still interviewing as late as last week and then it has to go to India do we really believe a decision will have been made this quickly?

I see he has gone to 1/4 on sky bet but that could easily be due to people jumping the gun when at 4/6 to get the job.

Unless someone can say they have spoken to the Indians and they have confirmed a contract has been offered to JDT and he has accepted then it still could be anyone as far as I'm concerned and I mean no disrespect to anyone who is saying they have heard from someone they trust but come on lads that's been said on a load of occasions for it not to happen

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

If Sam's football was 'absolutely dire' then words fail me about some of the sheer dross I think we had to put up with in huge parts of five and a half years with Mowbray. 

I'd rather watch dire football in the PL than dross in League One and the Championship.

If Sam had been given the 5+ years Mowbray had, I think we would have become an established top 8 PL side.

Sam took Bolton to the verge of Champions' League and if Gartside  had given Sam the backing he wanted he wouldn't have left and look what happened when he did leave - perhaps a worse journey than even Rovers.

As Bolton became more established their football got better and better (as I'm sure it would have done with us).  Players such as Ngotty, Hierro, Campo, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Anelka etc were all quality footballers who provided some quality football. 

If Venky's could only turn the clock back................................

Your argument failed instantly when you compared him to Mowbray.

Completely different playing field.

Sam's football was awful to watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Gunna throw some more names out there for no reason whatsoever. 'Up and coming' types:

Iraoli, McVay, Amorim, Djonlic, Jaissle.

Get thee behind me Google.

I will stick with my early morning coffee and thoughts of JDT making Gallagher a goal scoring central striker.

I swear it's only coffee I'm on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So what?

I have to say I've loved the "entertainment" since we were relegated from the Premier League. It's been terrific

How has it been for you?

Like I said previously, hindsight is a wonderful thing, your sarcasm doesn't alter the fact Sam's hoofball was awful to watch.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

JDT, he’s better than Kompany, it’s easy as 123, JDT, taking Rovers to the premier league! Will never ever ever ever catch on nor do I believe any of it but why not. 🇩🇰 😂

• Like 7

Actually when Big Sam was stabbed in the back there were those on here at that time who predicted an outcome and turned out to be fortune tellers and to have no need of hindsight.

Big Sam is gone and one thing that is certain is that he ain't coming back to the Rovers Circus down to its last caravan and a few performing seals.

If it is JDT then he gets my support 100 pc .... at the start and for at least 3 transfer windows, that's 2 seasons.

I just want this debacle over.

#FielderOutNow

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, damo100 said:

Like I said previously, hindsight is a wonderful thing, your sarcasm doesn't alter the fact Sam's hoofball was awful to watch.

It's possible to hold both concepts in your head at the same time. Allardyce's first game away at Stoke was one of the most depressing spectacles that I've ever seen. Likewise, his regular capitulations away to the big clubs. That didn't stop me from feeling alarmed and worried by new owners abruptly dismissing him.

• Like 3

Blackburn Rovers closing in on new head coach appointment

The Rovers players return to pre-season testing today – with the appointment of a new head coach set to not be far behind.

Rovers finished their interview process last week, with evaluations and the preferred candidate sent to the owners for their approval.

That is understood to have now been rubber-stamped by Venky’s with an appointment set to be imminent.

Jon Dahl Tomasson, out of work since leaving Malmo in January, emerged as the leading contender for the role last weekend.

The 45-year-old guided Malmo to back-to-back Swedish league titles, but took the decision to leave in January after two years in charge.

Reports in Tomasson’s homeland Denmark say the former Newcastle United striker has been offered a three-year deal by Rovers.

Official contracts are understood to have been drawn up and in the process of being finalised, with an appointment then to be confirmed.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20204765.blackburn-rovers-closing-new-head-coach-appointment/

• Like 1

Tomasson would need to acquire a work permit, however, it is understood that should be a straightforward process and not bring any particular delay which could see him able to lead training in the coming days.

from the LT article 

• Like 2