BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Looking for some advice - not season tickets related but match tickets related. I'm trying to buy 2 match tickets for the QPR game - 1 adult & 1 under 12 ticket. When I go to my basket, the under 12 ticket is assigned to me, so it brings up an error message. I've managed to change to name to my son's name, but I still receive an error message as it's telling me I need to input his date of birth on his account - but he hasn't got an account set up. And when I try and set up an account for him, it won't let me do it as I'm trying to use the same email address as mine. 

Not sure if something has changed as I didn't have this issue last season. Has anyone encountered this and am I just being a bit slow? 

53 minutes ago, robbo_rovers said:

Looking for some advice - not season tickets related but match tickets related. I'm trying to buy 2 match tickets for the QPR game - 1 adult & 1 under 12 ticket. When I go to my basket, the under 12 ticket is assigned to me, so it brings up an error message. I've managed to change to name to my son's name, but I still receive an error message as it's telling me I need to input his date of birth on his account - but he hasn't got an account set up. And when I try and set up an account for him, it won't let me do it as I'm trying to use the same email address as mine. 

Not sure if something has changed as I didn't have this issue last season. Has anyone encountered this and am I just being a bit slow? 

There seem to have been several different problems with the online system so far. I gave up trying to buy my Celtic tickets online and simply rang the ticket office and did it over the phone. They are quite helpful there, so probably easier to do the same mate.

1 hour ago, robbo_rovers said:

Last season there was a change in buying tickets for Juniors, due to people buying Junior tickets falsely.

Can only be bought by ringing Ticket Office.

He's a failure but still manages to raise the prices enough to cover his wages despite the declining crowds.

Still, as long as he does his snake oil job on those who look into his eyes all is well, it really isn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He's a failure but still manages to raise the prices enough to cover his wages despite the declining crowds.

Still, as long as he does his snake oil job on those who look into his eyes all is well, it really isn't.

He looks scruffy, needs a shave, hair cut and generally looks like he couldn't care less what he looks like....he has a similar attitude to the grounds and maintenance at Ewood and Brockall.  Like a Boris type character 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robbo_rovers said:

I had a similar problem creating an account for my granddaughter to buy her season ticket. Because I used my email address to create her account it wouldn't let me set it up as I simply wanted to link my account to her new one. The system they have apparently doesn't allow two accounts with the same email. I actually ended up driving down and doing the transaction over the counter. By the way she is ten and her mum, quite rightly doesn't want her to have an email address.

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He looks scruffy, needs a shave, hair cut and generally looks like he couldn't care less what he looks like....he has a similar attitude to the grounds and maintenance at Ewood and Brockall.  Like a Boris type character 

Yeah Boris type character is a good point in how he comes across and like him he isn't really a leader just a middleman.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I had a similar problem creating an account for my granddaughter to buy her season ticket. Because I used my email address to create her account it wouldn't let me set it up as I simply wanted to link my account to her new one. The system they have apparently doesn't allow two accounts with the same email. I actually ended up driving down and doing the transaction over the counter. By the way she is ten and her mum, quite rightly doesn't want her to have an email address.

Had a similar issue a few years ago when trying to set up my daughter's account. I just created another Gmail account & used that. Wasn't an issue after that. 

She's now 17 so I just updated her details once she got her own email. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

Another ticketing classic. The official site advertises that tickets are on sale for the WBA game at Ewood. When you follow the link they are not available.

Now is the time for a ST sale check @goozburger

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The next Fans Forum in September will give the final figure, we will probably have scraped over 8,000 by then 🎉

By signing the likes of JPVH, Styles and Bowler you'd like think that figure would be boosted somewhat. 

No doubt they'll do the usual after the first couple games by deductions to purchase a ST..

57 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

13,000 x £280 = £3.64m (PNE)

7,800 x £399 = £3.11m (Rovers)

Quantum of Incompetence. (sounds like the next Bond movie)

Yeah but "inflationary pressures" and FFP rules (says Waggott)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

13,000 x £280 = £3.64m (PNE)

7,800 x £399 = £3.11m (Rovers)

Quantum of Incompetence. (sounds like the next Bond movie)

As stated in the FF minutes 7,800 STs = £2.25m, not £3.11m. PNE’s number will also be much less than £3.64m. You’re just taking a headline figure and not accounting for concessions.

Yes plenty of concessions, but on the flip side, a good proportion of tickets were also on sale for far more than £399. For a mid table second division club, in a cost of living crisis, with 20,000 empty seats to play with.

It’s quantum, baby!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As stated in the FF minutes 7,800 STs = £2.25m, not £3.11m. PNE’s number will also be much less than £3.64m. You’re just taking a headline figure and not accounting for concessions.

Surely the far more pertinent figure, which the FF SHOULD be grilling the Club about, is how the hell Preston have managed to sell over 50% more season tickets than us?

I've not read the most recent FF minutes so apologies if the Club were given a hard time on the ST pricing.

Edit: And they didn't have the attraction of a new manager to boost sales either!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2