BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

loads of celtic fans without tickets jumped the turnstiles at ewood,though there were hordes of them in the town centre there was`nt any trouble,think jumping jacks and utopia(peppermint place) was open for them,they did`nt exactly enhance their reputation,they were obnoxious but not violent

Some of the worst fans I’ve ever seen.

night and day the difference between them and how wonderful rangers fans and even the people of Dundee where yesterday 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I know all that, doesn’t mean they aren’t glory hunters, as they wouldn’t have thousands of fans in every town if they had never got any bigger than Queen’s Park or Partick, whatever the history.

Queens Park were the biggest and best team in Scotland when we played them twice in the FA Cup finals of 1884 and 1885. They remained amateur for 152 years and gradually became almost insignificant; one of the worst teams in the league together with Berwick Rangers,Albion Rovers and Stranraer (amongst others).

In November 2019 they voted to turn professional. Look at them now; no longer languishing at the bottom. I am intrigued by this change in fortune. I shall follow their progress with interest.

P.S. Owen Coyle is their manager.

Anyone booked on the trains tomorrow might want to double check everything first thing. Weekends have been all over the shop for a while now up to Scotland. The 15.08 back from Glasgow to Manchester is already cancelled and there'll likely be more to come.

Also, enjoy mixing with the Bolton fans heading up for their friendly at Carlisle 😉

21 minutes ago, bazza said:

Queens Park were the biggest and best team in Scotland when we played them twice in the FA Cup finals of 1884 and 1885. They remained amateur for 152 years and gradually became almost insignificant; one of the worst teams in the league together with Berwick Rangers,Albion Rovers and Stranraer (amongst others).

In November 2019 they voted to turn professional. Look at them now; no longer languishing at the bottom. I am intrigued by this change in fortune. I shall follow their progress with interest.

P.S. Owen Coyle is their manager.

It was one of the strangest games I have ever been to when I went to see Queen's Park whilst they were still at Hampden - by my maths everyone attending that games had just under 100 seats each! I get the impression their new owner has quite a bit of money about him - not ridiculous levels but certainly enough to splash out a bit - they also seem to have a few experienced people behind the scenes. Given the trapdoor at the bottom of League Two in Scotland has now been opened (slightly) I can well understand why they chose to break from tradition and turn professional. It's entertaining I suppose when you're bad but can't be punished for it; it's dangerous when you're bad but can: just ask East Stirling, Berwick, Brechin and now Cowdenbeath...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I know all that, doesn’t mean they aren’t glory hunters, as they wouldn’t have thousands of fans in every town if they had never got any bigger than Queen’s Park or Partick, whatever the history.

I knew you’d know that Matt.

Youre the font of all fecking knowledge.

I have to say that’s a really poor looking bench. We need at least 4 players to come in capable of going straight into the first 11. I have high hopes for the likes of Dolan, Vale and Carter but they shouldn’t be first choice at the moment.

• Like 1