BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I know it’s pretty obvious what it’s about. People need to remember he can’t walk as he’s in a contract, however he can be sacked…That’s not going to happen if we don’t have any money.

Course he could. He'd be unlikely to get a pay out, but he can resign. He’s surely not far off.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I don’t think JDT can moan too much about Wharton being sold - He’s every right to moan about not spending a penny of it.

Every single noise coming out of the club had been “not yet”… until that court case didn’t happen.

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

I suspect JDT is feeling similar to how some of us on here are feeling and could be about to let loose. The charlatans know that it isn't a wise move to have him before a mic today.

We're apparently 'negative' for complaining and highlighting this shit show. I would love to see what these people have to say when their own manager echoes the same sentiments. Is JDT a wannabe protester too?

I personally want him to walk and expose the charade. Him walking would be enough of a message in itself. It would also come as a dose of reality for those who are saying things like "credit to the club, JDT can't complain, they've given him the players he wanted", this morning.

By all accounts the club can’t afford to sack him. I suspect he’ll be livid with the transfer window and wouldn’t be shy about pointing fingers at swag/the egg which would put them in an untenable position of wanting to sack him to protect their personal pride but not being able to.

I have grave reservations about his ability as a manager but this side of him is unquestioned if he’s not happy he’ll speak his mind whatever the official party line may be. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matt83 said:

If he was a chef he’s effectively been presented with a load of potato peelings and fish heads and told to make a scrumptious meal. 

Dint Diss spud peelings dine in oil , garlic and chilli powder in the ninja

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This can't happen very often at other clubs?

Clearly, he's fuming. He would be asked at a presser about the window/sale of Wharton and clearly the club weren't going to like the answers he was going to give.

This is the endgame for JDT now, he'll either walk or get sacked within the next few days.

It does happen, why Mowbray got sacked at Sunderland isn’t it? 

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Or it could be as simple as GB wants to give his usual post interview re transfers 😀

I haven’t read the comments from the players but it isn’t a good look to have them sat at the front without their new manager alongside them. 

If they where doing that the media officer should start the press conference by saying JDT won’t be speaking on anything further than introducing his new players, so don’t ask questions about anything but that. 

• Like 1

If he does go, hopefully he won’t sign an NDA and spill the beans about what he knows.

I reckon him and Waggott have been at loggerheads heads since day one and he has some real dirt to dish. 

• Like 2

I would be amazed if JDT really thought wharton would not of gone with the amount of money being offered, and it being a prem move. 

I wonder if he was either at the club late, or maybe he just wants to crack on with training as hes got about 5 new lads to get to know and work with. He will also now have a bit of a selection headache for Saturday. Either a bench full of newbies or he throws some straight in. I would put a positive spin on it that hes refused to do a press conference as its all systems go and he needs the time on the coaching field rather than discussing loan signings of OAPs and children hes prob never heard of. 

Cant imagine he will be too thrilled though!

Either way nobody knows the real reasons, and this forum went in melt own yesterday about facts nobody knew. Until told otherwise hes still the gaffer. No point trying to guess and creating something that might not be there. Role on Saturday to open stubborn football in another nail biter.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

By all accounts the club can’t afford to sack him. I suspect he’ll be livid with the transfer window and wouldn’t be shy about pointing fingers at swag/the egg which would put them in an untenable position of wanting to sack him to protect their personal pride but not being able to.

I have grave reservations about his ability as a manager but this side of him is unquestioned if he’s not happy he’ll speak his mind whatever the official party line may be. 

Venkys don't do Insubordination. They'll find the money (to the detriment of the club)

39 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

I’ve HEARD last night that JDT was fuming about Wharton leaving as the entire way of playing was built round a central pivot point. Unhappy with the signings and the club probably (my guess) knew that in the current circumstances his interview wouldn’t be well received by fans and would only cause more negativity. He was not a happy man last night apparently.

So what "pivot plan" did JDT have if Wharton had got a season-ending injury? And how did he manage for the 29 matches that Wharton didn't start in last season? There's no certainty that a similar or better offer would have been received for Wharton in the summer and potential buyers would probably have held off until late August. Rumourred interest from Chelsea and Everton did not materialize probably because of their FFP concerns. Would that change in the summer?Tomasson's job is to get on and manage what he's got.

• Like 4