BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Come on there isn't that when we've won games i'm a JDT backer but hes come up sort this season badly at times.

So will the next man, and the next man, and the next man.

1 minute ago, booth said:

So will the next man, and the next man, and the next man.

It's about the here and now and when you're on the slippery slope to relegation you have to pull out all the stops not stick your head in the sand hoping everything clicks and it blows over. I feel he's a bit guilty of that even before the latest mess unfolded beyond his control.

Too many similarities on and off the pitch to the Coyle season i'm afraid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Of course the weakening of the squad has been a problem all season but to continue in the playing style we do just hoping it comes off now and again has also been a problem there's no getting away with that.

We are getting too caught up in the victim mentality and feeling sorry for him.

He simply has to adopt a style with the players he has geared towards grinding out points and he should have done it way before now certainly in particular games.  The teams below us should't easily be taking points off us but they have been and some of them are awful.

It worked until early December when we were on the cusp of a playoff place. I don't think your 'victim mentality' notion is fair at all. I am a realist and know we are in the results business and ours have merited the managers position to at least be under review but I can't think of any manager who, with the players at his disposal could have got results. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

"set to come to a close this week" so not resigned/sacked yet. But it's coming...

So the posts by Bayes and Jackson are technically true. Still here at this time. 

Tomorrow could be F**ked Thursday, where we learn the striker loan appeal is rejected, JDT goes and as things come in threes....Kean is put in charge on a short term contract. Until 2034. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's about the here and now and when you're on the slippery slope to relegation you have to pull out all the stops not stick your head in the sand hoping everything clicks and it blows over. I feel he's a bit guilty of that even before the latest mess unfolded beyond his control.

Too many similarities on and off the pitch to the Coyle season i'm afraid.

I think it's fair to say Coyle had an arguably better squad with the likes of Graham, Mulgrew, Conway and a hungrier Sam Gallagher. Not that it was any good back then but the point is we had more capable individuals.

This time we've got Szmodics and not much else. I think we have other players who would do better alongside better players, but there's too many missing pieces of the jigsaw for any coherence.

Some fans are just unwilling to accept defeat with this, that the damage was done in the two three transfer windows and there's not much that can be done similar to the state that Mowbray inherited. Instead of building they've taken it apart and injuries haven't helped.

I'll be interested to see if the next man does any better. It's rare for a team in turmoil behind the scenes to get away with it for too long.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

So the posts by Bayes and Jackson are technically true. Still here at this time. 

Tomorrow could be F**ked Thursday, where we learn the striker loan appeal is rejected, JDT goes and as things come in threes....Kean is put in charge on a short term contract. Until 2034. 

Don't even joke about it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alex l said:

With relegation bonuses attached like last time 🤣🤣

Edited by MrT
  • Like 1

I respect him calling out the idiots upstairs, but results and performances have been truly dire. He's been dealt a crap hand, but it hasn't been working for a long time. Played some of the best football in years in his tenure. Also played some of the worst, particularly away from home last season. 

Credit goes for last year's 7th placed finish, our cup runs and some inspired football. As well as calling out those tossers at the club. Negatives have to be recent results, the debacle at Turf Moor, some horror shows vs Preston and the inability to ever crack winning points from losing positions. 

He's been undermined at every turn, but there's not much defending our form this season and the refusal to adapt to repetitive patterns and adopt some sort of plan B. He may well go on to do well somewhere - he has potential to excel but not sure he's the man when the going gets tough. 

Seems an alright bloke, mind. Some of his interviews have come across as incredibly smug/arrogant, but he also speaks well on behalf of the fans.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's weird that out of region journalist has heard it and then the club have denied it. Feels like maybe JDT's agent has told people he is about to resign?

The Dane has told his players his time at Ewood Park is coming to an end and meetings were taking place on Wednesday. The future of club secretary Ian Silvester is also in doubt.”

Possibly one of the players has leaked it?

• Like 1

Just now, Polky said:

The Dane has told his players his time at Ewood Park is coming to an end and meetings were taking place on Wednesday. The future of club secretary Ian Silvester is also in doubt.”

Possibly one of the players has leaked it?

Player’s agent would be my guess

We desperately need a change in the dugout so I'm pleased to see JDT's time is coming to an end.

It's not worked out this season at all. The style of play is completely ineffective and the defensive side of our game is a complete shambles. We will go down if he remains in charge. 

I actually think with the right tools at his disposal he is a very good coach. He'd be sensational at a Leeds or Leicester, where they have top attacking talent. You cannot play that way with the likes of Gally, Moran, and Siggy though. 

It doesn't change the fundamental problems at the club though and the thing I have loved about JDT is his honestly and calling out the incompetence behind the scenes. I'll always be a fan of him for that alone. 

• Like 4

Funny thing is at the start of December with us 7th in the league with this small injury hit squad lacking in quality he was basically working a miracle.

Now the wheels have come off and I feel like he has given up to an extent and is probably exacerbating the situation. 

• Like 5

Sylvester, or indeed Waggott, will have pressed the button they were told to by someone higher up the food chain under orders from the owners.

It is just not possible for the wrong button to have been pressed or for that not to have been noticed immediately.

I do not believe in fairy story's.

There will be at least one scapegoat but not of the vermin.

• Like 2

• Backroom

For what it’s worth the telegraph now saying it’s expected that he’ll leave before the weekend 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24105026.tomasson-expected-leave-blackburn-ahead-crunch-talks/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Tom