BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

37 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

After this meeting and the events of the last week- I genuinely think this up there with as embarrassed and ashamed as I’ve ever felt about the club.

The McGuire thing really shook me. You just can't treat people in that manner, it's just not right. This is what these people have done, absolutely trashed the good reputation of this club.

The brazen lack of care is astonishing. The sheer brass neck in turning up at work day after day picking up a King's ransom despite being shit and not caring. It beggars believe. If it was me I'd be reluctant to step outside my front door. 

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 7

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Was my initial reaction with someone else brought in to help the coaching side of things. My guess would be david Dunn.

Please no 

• Like 7

I am gutted and angry that JDT is leaving Rovers. I am gutted as I think he is an excellent coach and he was brought in by Broughton to get us promotion within 3 years. Sadly this won't happened as he is set to leave the club. He has raised standards at the club and he wanted to get Rovers promote to the PL where we should be. We almost get the playoffs last season and this season I expected us to invest and kick on this season but with budgets cuts in the summer and young squad we started well and where 6th/7th at the end of November but then the bad form and results happened and we have been unable to reserved this form and results. Even in January we didn't invest in the squad with 3 permanent signings after receiving the Wharton money, But we didn't. We have managed to ballsed up the McGuire deal transfer twice. This is simple not good enough for Blackburn Rovers Football Club. 

Thanks for the memories JDT and I hope you go on to manage in the PL or other top European leagues 

I expect that Damien Johnson will take the team in the interim with Sheron, Rosen, Lowe and Benson and on Saturday. 

As for a replacement for JDT, I think this person needs championship experience. So here are a few names:- Alex Neil Joh Eustace, Sabri Lamouchi, Mark Warburton

As for this meeting, I dont think it is right to have a go at the people who attend but why was the meeting called by Steve Waggott and I wonder if he was trying to the pressure of him and the Rovers board. Cos you would think he would be involve in the JDT leave Talks along with GB and Pasha. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

What's the cctv ?   Haven't heard of that i'm just catching up.

It was on this thread a cctv clip of swag addressing players and fans. I believe it came out first giving rise to the idea there was some swag related shenanigans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Representing the fans in a meeting with Waggott and his PR man, then keeping secrets from their fellow fans?

Doesn't sit right with me. 

The club has lacked transparency for years now...

They aren't representing the fans, they're enjoying tit bits from fucking Waggott and enjoying the "I know something you don't know" stance.

Bit weird/desperate. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be absolutely clear I had no idea what the meeting was about or who was attending other than knowing Waggott had called it. I didn’t know five players would be there. There was a moment when I said to @Herbie6590 I might be going down for a telling off… I even said we might be getting sued here. There was zero agenda or format. 

I think it was called by Waggott as a ‘deflection’ due to calling out SW and VH (Rao’s) recently.

We are talking about a fan meeting/leaked cctv and a management change, when we should still be angry at the mess at board level/ownership that is going on. 
He’s a fraud. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be absolutely clear I had no idea what the meeting was about or who was attending other than knowing Waggott had called it. I didn’t know five players would be there. There was a moment when I said to @Herbie6590 I might be going down for a telling off… I even said we might be getting sued here. There was zero agenda or format. 

Personally I wouldn't have gone then. You might disagree but I think they have used you, the other attendees and the players involved. Clearly Waggott is desperate and will probably feel some smug satisfaction from today. In my view it has driven the wedge even deeper between the club and fans. And hearing the players whinging has certainly pressed my buttons.

He can call this meeting but won't have another Supporters Consultation or Shareholders meeting. You have to ask yourself why.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

There is of course a risk of being used for PR, but I had two options: 

1) Attend, find out what it was about, report back what I can. 

2) Don’t attend. 

Did Waggot take any questions on the transfer window?

So, assuming new manager
We all know the drill.
A billion pages on a new thread.
At least 30 names in the hat.
Start with names of most desirable (but utterly unattainable) names, followed by several maybes and at the bottom the desperate and unlikely.
Cut lots of rumours and dithering by the club (this might not be the case here given the crazy circumstances.)
Finally, at the last minute some name out of the blue that has not really been mentioned.

My money is on Johnson with Dunn, Lowe and Benson.

On the latest shennanigans, words fail me. A disgrace. Keep SWAG and the Raos on the hook.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Possibly but he’s the absent elephant in the room. I don’t see how they could have a discussion of that nature without the manager’s name coming up

A competent chairperson could have easily and diplomatically dealt with that if it indeed it arose

Indeed calling a player and fan meeting without the manager being present in an open invitation for questions about the manager to be expected and asked.

It seems a wee bit orchestrated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

We have plumbed new depths today. A meeting between supporters and players facilitated by a man who is really scraping the barrel. Players moaning because they heard some booing? I really am struggling to come to terms with the happenings and events of the last few days. I remember when several of the Fans Forum went to India. Over the months and years after some of them said they had been used as a publicity stunt. I can't help feeling the same right now as Waggott has run out of ideas and is using fans in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

Absolutely. Could not have put it better 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex l said:

The context J*B has given about half time talks is crucial. Having around 10000 people booing you can't be nice, bad enough for the experienced players but understandable how this could knock the youngsters. I'm not saying fans shouldn't boo, they have the right to express themselves, but the comments saying the players aren't focused on improving in the second half - you can't when half of the team have been shaken

A big reason why we need experienced pros and not a crèche for our Academy players to tippy tap their value up and other clubs children to play around.

I don't think there is that much booing here until it gets really bad.

This isn't aimed at you btw. But I think this is what Waggott wanted.

Divide and Rule.

"Fans blaming players , players blaming fans and fans blaming fans" just writing that,  hell what have we become. Let's get it right , nows the time stay focused, not fall.for.if and keep the heat on the Indians lapdog 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

There is of course a risk of being used for PR, but I had two options: 

1) Attend, find out what it was about, report back what I can. 

2) Don’t attend. 

Or 3 get up and walk out when you realise that the CEO is holding a meeting involving players with no manager present. But then I suppose you couldn't come on here than bragging that you know something that the rest of us don't know.

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I was there - got the phone call last night. Not really sure why me specifically, it wasn’t specifically through BRFCS. But I thought it’s better to be there than not, so I went down.

Basically what Glen has tweeted was how the meeting went. It was an informal chat with the players then Waggott. There’s no minutes. 

The general discussion was the players mentioning the atmosphere at home games and specifically the end of the QPR match and during another match (they couldn’t remember which) where they were boo’d off at half time. They said the senior players spent half time keeping the younger players in the rate state of mind and that’s not the best use of time.

I made it abundantly clear to all the players that any booing is directly at one of Venkys, Pasha and Waggott or JDT. Szmodics especially said “we’re open to criticism, we were shit against Huddersfield and we know it”. 

I also explained to the players that unfortunately this club has had ‘ownership issues’ for 14 years now and whilst the last five years have been relatively stable, until the issues with ownership and senior management are addressed it’s only ever a stubbed toe away from discontent amongst the fan base. 

The players also asked how we could get more fans in the stadium at Ewood. I explained to them the issues with ticket pricing and season ticket pricing — which I described as “abhorrent” — and the horrific deprivation in the local area meaning that fans would love to go but frankly have to pick between eating and heating, meaning there’s little spare money and not enough to be spending on tickets. 

There was further discussions which everyone in the room agreed to not disclose at this point. I gave my word - as did everyone else - so I’ll honour that. 

Wow. Fair play man. Thanks so much for the update. This message needs to be pinned or flagged so everyone can see it's really good you went and were able to raise our concerns. Thanks!

• Like 3

Who are the 'younger players that have to be picked up at half time'? Shouldn't at least one representative younger than the five senior members have been there too? 

Waggott crying over boos, trying to get the crowd to stop. Fans have backed JDT and the players for a lot longer than normal, but our form has been shocking and we haven't looked like trying in parts. 

No agenda beforehand.... fishy stuff. I hope someone told Waggott we want him out.

• Like 2

I am not claiming to be ITK, but...

Klopp announces decision to quit at the end of the season, Blackburn rovers dispense with their manager.

I hope he brings Salah, Elliot and the keeper with him.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Personally I wouldn't have gone then. You might disagree but I think they have used you, the other attendees and the players involved. Clearly Waggott is desperate and will probably feel some smug satisfaction from today. In my view it has driven the wedge even deeper between the club and fans. And hearing the players whinging has certainly pressed my buttons.

He can call this meeting but won't have another Supporters Consultation or Shareholders meeting. You have to ask yourself why.

We’d noticed 😬

• Like 4