BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

• Backroom

Parker wasn't going to be able to buy his way out of being a bang average manager, as he did in his Championship seasons with Fulham and Bournemouth, so angled to get sacked after the 9-0 before his reputation was completely destroyed. Mission accomplished. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roverandout said:

Not really.  I wouldn’t call him an upgrade on chilwell.  His stats don't match chilwells

Nigh on impossible to use stats to compare wing backs, Cucurella has always impressed me whereas Chilwell is hit and miss.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was surprised by the news that Parker had been sacked but when you read the statement and read Parker's comments about lack of transfers happening, players coming in and lack of PL experience in the squad. After all that you can understand why they parted ways and where they look next. 

I think MK Dons's head coach Liam Manning might be the right choice to replace him. 

How could Manning expect a Premier League job?

Has to be Dyche, no nonsense about philosophies, style or structures, he's the obvious candidate.

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

Parker wasn't going to be able to buy his way out of being a bang average manager, as he did in his Championship seasons with Fulham and Bournemouth, so angled to get sacked after the 9-0 before his reputation was completely destroyed. Mission accomplished. 

2 seasons in the Championship as manager and 2 promotions - hardly "bang average".

• Like 1

Just been listening to Paul Barber on Talksport, he's Brighton's CEO. Was really interesting to hear what he had to say and the way they've handled things in the last few years to become a stable & progressive club from being at the point of extinction.

I hope Waggott, Suhail or anyone else with influence was listening (I doubt they were, even less so the owners).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How could Manning expect a Premier League job?

Has to be Dyche, no nonsense about philosophies, style or structures, he's the obvious candidate.

Fit the profile and style of manager that suits Bournemouth and how they been run over the past 10 years. Manning is a head coach who plays a style that would suit that squad there and would develop players at Bournemouth. 

I disagree he is the obvious candidate and if you actually why Parker was sacked you really think Dyche is going to fit there? Not really at all. Plus, if you look at the club footballing structure there, they want a head coach to fit into that structure. 

The time for old fashion managers who want full control over footballing matters is reducing and very few clubs now that happens now 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fit the profile and style of manager that suits Bournemouth and how they been run over the past 10 years. Manning is a head coach who plays a style that would suit that squad there and would develop players at Bournemouth. 

I disagree he is the obvious candidate and if you actually why Parker was sacked you really think Dyche is going to fit there? Not really at all. Plus, if you look at the club footballing structure there, they want a head coach to fit into that structure. 

The time for old fashion managers who want full control over footballing matters is reducing and very few clubs now that happens now 

You can use the business speak as much as you like but I know who I would fancy to have a better chance of survival or if they do go down, promotion.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You can use the business speak as much as you like but I know who I would fancy to have a better chance of survival or if they do go down, promotion.

same old stuff from yourself as per usual, overlooking by how the club is run, club footballing structure and why that head coach has been sacked. 

He’s been sacked because he’s fallen out with the owner over the transfer budget and was slagging off his players in public after a good hiding.

Age old arguments, nowt to do with ‘philosophies’, ‘sporting directors’ and ‘structures’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Championship players were brought in then and those players did the job they were brought in for to get them promoted. 

Parker was 100% right to call out the board on their lack of spending this summer.Relegation is a certainty with the squad of players they have.

I don't think Parker is a good manager but certainly think he has been hard done by getting sacked so early with minimal investment after succeeding in his objective of getting them promoted last season 

I agree with you.

Why did Bournemouth bring in half a team to get promoted, then do nothing when it happened? 

He was going to get the boot at some point anyway, the surprise is that it happened so early. He lasted fewer games than de Boer at Palace a few years back. 

He'll get another job soon enough. 

2 hours ago, Mr. E said:

And add Dundee United to the list of clubs where 9-0 is apparently not acceptable. Who would have known there are things like acceptable standards. 

Couldn’t understand how Jack Ross kept Mulgrew sat on the bench throughout that mauling. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I mean he may be average, but he is also right that clubs in the Premiership need insane, massive, mind-numbing investment to compete even on a basic level, when even Forest are smashing transfer records and buying a brand new squad from stars all over Europe. Imagine if we somehow found ourselves in the Prem with the investment we have now. You could stick Pep and Klopp as co-managers, I would be stunned if we stole literally a single point all season. 

35 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I agree with you.

Why did Bournemouth bring in half a team to get promoted, then do nothing when it happened? 

He was going to get the boot at some point anyway, the surprise is that it happened so early. He lasted fewer games than de Boer at Palace a few years back. 

He'll get another job soon enough. 

Bournemouth have signed 5 players for 26 million this summer but They already some experience PL players unless Forest. Parker's comments over the last few weeks in press conference shown a different of opinions in footballing strategy and transfers.  

12 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I mean he may be average, but he is also right that clubs in the Premiership need insane, massive, mind-numbing investment to compete even on a basic level, when even Forest are smashing transfer records and buying a brand new squad from stars all over Europe. Imagine if we somehow found ourselves in the Prem with the investment we have now. You could stick Pep and Klopp as co-managers, I would be stunned if we stole literally a single point all season. 

I agree. Along with the gulf in finances between the Premier League and the Championship, there is a massive gulf in quality on the pitch too.

Even the 'lesser' sides have upped their games and are playing some excellent football. I've watched Palace, Brighton, Southampton and Newcastle all give opponents tough games so far, whilst genuinely looking like they can win games.

Forest and Fulham have also had some encouraging performances. The only teams struggling are those who haven't invested enough e.g Leicester, Bournemouth.

The top Division is getting stronger and unfortunately, we are a million miles away. Every year we stay in this Division, the further away it gets. It's a pipe dream, IMO, to think we can build a team to get us there and keep us there on the cheap. It needs significant investment and if we ever make it back, I doubt very much that these owners will spend what is required.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

2 seasons in the Championship as manager and 2 promotions - hardly "bang average".

Put it this way, I wouldn't have been thrilled if he somehow ended up as our manager. Maybe you would, but without the biggest budget in the division I don't think he'd get close to the playoffs let alone promotion. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DE. said:

Put it this way, I wouldn't have been thrilled if he somehow ended up as our manager. Maybe you would, but without the biggest budget in the division I don't think he'd get close to the playoffs let alone promotion. 

Why do you think that ? In his career he has either managed a Championship club with parachute payments - which is a big advantage - or a Premier League club battling to survive with lesser players. It is very difficult to say how good he is.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Why do you think that ? In his career he has either managed a Championship club with parachute payments - which is a big advantage - or a Premier League club battling to survive with lesser players. It is very difficult to say how good he is.

My view is that neither his Fulham or Bournemouth sides were hugely impressive, despite having a huge advantage in terms of parachute payments and overall budget. Kind of like us in L1 under Mowbray - we rarely looked like a great side, but we got promoted comfortably because we simply had significantly better players than basically every club in that division. Even Lampard, who is bombing hard at Everton, did OK with Chelsea. Gerrard was decent at Rangers but is struggling now at Villa. 

I agree that it's difficult to judge, but that's just my general feelings about Parker. I think there may be a decent manager there somewhere, but he needs to challenge himself at a club with lesser resources to really test his mettle. I'm not convinced by him, but then ultimately my opinion means very little, so I'm really just vomiting my general thoughts into the void.

• Like 2

On the odd occasion I find myself in the same room as Sky Sports news it makes my heart sink listening to the numbers being paid and talked about for players.

West Ham, yes West bleedin Ham paying £50m for 1 player and here we are struggling to find £1m here and there to plug gaps in the squad.

Has the gulf ever been bigger between Premiership and Championship?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

On the odd occasion I find myself in the same room as Sky Sports news it makes my heart sink listening to the numbers being paid and talked about for players.

West Ham, yes West bleedin Ham paying £50m for 1 player and here we are struggling to find £1m here and there to plug gaps in the squad.

Has the gulf ever been bigger between Premiership and Championship?

some clubs are appallingly stupid with their money,west ham being a prime example,pellegrini must have burned his way through countless millions

5 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Sort of premier league related. Is there a fantasy football (official premier league one) topic on the brfcs forum? And if so where. Cheers

There isn't one anywhere, from what I can see.

I think we need to create one as it would be interesting. There are probably loads of FPL players visiting/posting on this board.

Mods, is it ok to have it here on the Rovers section?

You have to give credit to fourth division Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. An embarrassing defeat and apparently  unacceptable post match comments and  they acted swiftly and decisively to axe the manager.

Contrast with our lot who did nothing after an equally embarrassing 7-0 home loss last season. I know we then went on a stellar run but that proved to be an aberration.

The point is Bournemouth is a dynamic club with a  proactive management that dealt quickly with a problem. Waggott and his mates would have just shrugged their shoulders and mumbled something about a long term project

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You have to give credit to fourth division Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. An embarrassing defeat and apparently  unacceptable post match comments and  they acted swiftly and decisively to axe the manager.

Contrast with our lot who did nothing after an equally embarrassing 7-0 home loss last season. I know we then went on a stellar run but that proved to be an aberration.

The point is Bournemouth is a dynamic club with a  proactive management that dealt quickly with a problem. Waggott and his mates would have just shrugged their shoulders and mumbled something about a long term project

He wasnt sacked because of the results. No chance they expected points from thoise first 4 games.

He was sacked because of his comments.

• Like 1