BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

One poster compared him to Keith Andrews, another wanted to bring Markanday on who wasn’t even in the squad, same old same old Paul……You can’t do more than score on your debut, all Hedges worth though.

Great win, we usually get nothing from South Wales and it’s a bloody long way back.

Keith bloody Andrews.  I'm worried.

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

One poster compared him to Keith Andrews, another wanted to bring Markanday on who wasn’t even in the squad

Twas I who compared him to Andrews. I was being a little tongue in cheek due to him pointing a lot. It certainly wasn't meant as any kind of critical assessment of the lad. In truth I would describe him as being similar to a late era Dack. Quiet but good in flashes and popped up with a goal slotted in after a late run into the box 

More to come from him I think.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gav said:

I have no idea what TM is doing right now, but if he’s any sense he’ll be sat in his garden, enjoying the weather and tucking into something nice with something fizzy, but he’ll not be enjoying the 3 points today like me!

But after moaning constantly about being away from his family, after leaving us he put himself in the market and wanted another manager's job. None have come his way. Wonder why.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

But after moaning constantly about being away from his family, after leaving us he put himself in the market and wanted another manager's job. None have come his way. Wonder why.

Why do you care so much about TM? Move on cocker, enjoy the 6 points.

Hartlepool in midweek and West Brom on Sunday, thats where the focus should be, you going?

• Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

Why do you care so much about TM? Move on cocker, enjoy the 6 points.

Hartlepool in midweek and West Brom on Sunday, thats where the focus should be, you going?

I am enjoying - you are the one that put the downer on it. 

Wonder how lenihans feeling tonight after seeing Rovers top of the tree.

Darragh Lenihan - 4

Brought in to add leadership and composure at the back but he was unconvincing as Boro corroded before receiving a straight red late on. You do question why he wasn't the man closest to Dykes for the third goal.

Thats the rating given by their local rag

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

JDT - If you are good enough, you play. Age not important.

At last....common sense returns.

Is this something he has actually said? The only young debuts he has given so far are Vale (first start anyway not first game) and the young lad on loan from Liverpool.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Is this something he has actually said? The only young debuts he has given so far are Vale (first start anyway not first game) and the young lad on loan from Liverpool.

Yes in the bbc lancs interview chaddy posted on the previous page

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, neophox said:

I think we will start like this against Hartlepool:

Pears

JRC, Phillips, Wharton, Edun

Morton, Buckley

Gallagher, Dack, Smodiczs

Dolan

I’d take Buckley Gallagher and Szmodics out of that team, no first teamers should be starting. Stick Vale in and two others instead of those three. 

26 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Wonder how lenihans feeling tonight after seeing Rovers top of the tree.

Darragh Lenihan - 4

Brought in to add leadership and composure at the back but he was unconvincing as Boro corroded before receiving a straight red late on. You do question why he wasn't the man closest to Dykes for the third goal.

Thats the rating given by their local rag

I was annoyed with Nyambe leaving, but Lenihan got away with his reputation at Rovers when he was just as culpable as Mulgrew for those defensive collapses a few seasons back.

Wharton, Ayala and JPVH have far more bottle than Lenihan in sense of keeping their composure under pressure.

We just need a replacement, which TM could never manage to get

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Witnessing swansea play possession based football with there defence was hard to watch. Our shape was brilliant and we had to be patient! But my god we took our chances, Hedges brilliant through the middle and Trav/Buckley behind him gave them no space to work. Only downfall for me was they targeted Pickering and caused us problems down that side in the second half.

• Like 2