BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

On holiday, so watching the thread and BBC updates.

Off for some Nordic delight tonight.

Paul

Pretty similar - at my Sister's in Biggleswade on way back from London. Going out for an Italian with them tonight then heading back North tomorrow.

Think a few Peronis are in order!

What a win! I’d be more critical of parts of the performance if we hadn’t had Buckley at right back and Pickering at centre half.

Few stand outs but Diaz and Ayala towered above everyone else.

Diaz put himself in the shop window with another great performance, moments of quality and ran his socks off.

Ayala - I’m convinced he might be the best centre half in the league, if only he could stay fit.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Rankin-Costello came off on 37 mins in the U21 match today against Wolves, possibly meaning he suffered an injury. We'll have to await confirmation but a recall of James Brown from Stockport might be needed, if contractually possible.

Edit: It's likely due to lack of options but I feel that the manager has the balance between attack and defence on the subs bench a little off at the moment. Rather than Adam Wharton, I'd have the more defensively minded and versatile Garrett there. Wharton is a really promising player but I'd go for the cover of Garrett, who could displace Edun as the utility player, if he performs.

Looks like he’s doing ok as well

33BFE2D6-E8C3-440D-AF5F-4849181D34A5.jpeg

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Brilliant again! Fitness levels are up, desire levels are through the roof, several players look reborn.

It would be very easy to get carried away. I’m optimistic, but the one thing nagging a little is that every team we have been up against so far have been pretty toothless. We absolutely need a defender or two in this week, Sheff Utd will pose a goal threat. Love the fact we look so dangerous going forward though. Some cracking performances at either end, Brereton and Ayala were superb today.

Or it could be that we make teams look toothless ?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Wouldn't it have been nice to have the rock solid, versatile, academy product Ryan Nyambe available today. Despite needing defenders DESPERATELY today, it's also healthy to have competition for places. 

No, he didn't want to be here.

• Like 8