BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

A CM at RB, a new central defensive pairing who have never played before, a midfield pairing who won't put a tackle in, and no out and out striker. 

The side is so unbalanced and will most likely lose tonight. 

I'm really happy that JDT saw the performances from certain individuals on Saturday and has benched them.

I thought Travis was really good at RB and provides us with a good option there. Morton and Wharton were excellent in CM too. Buckley has been out of form for a while so he's rightly been benched. 

JDT isn't playing favourites here - he has no ties to any of these players. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, booth said:

So it's how we ended up against Stoke apart from Hyam replacing Ayala, Dolan upfront will be a handful but can't see him being a goal threat 😕

So happy to see Adam Wharton in there and JRC out though.

Gutted that Ayala's out, we're going to struggle.

Completely untried back four and indeed team.

Quite exciting going into the unknown.

Dack full restoration incoming, I hope

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Completely untried back four and indeed team.

Quite exciting going into the unknown.

Dack full restoration incoming, I hope

If we play like we did second half against Stoke we've got a chance. I hope Diaz turns up.

If we play like we did first half against Stoke it'll be embarassing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

5 CBs is more than enough for a back 4. 

Where are they though ? One’s a sick note, another one is a teenager, Wharton has had his share of injuries and Carter has just come back from one. So tonight we have a young lad back from injury and a new starter with a kid on the bench.

Matt Woods played centre half for us for about 6 seasons and the only time he went missing was when he got suspended.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I didn't see the game tbf but he's not a defensive midfielder, is he? 

The lad can do everything. Admittedly I've only seen him play half a game so hopefully it wasn't a fluke.

If he fulfills his potential he'll be a brilliant all rounder/box to box midfielder.

• Like 1

I will give JDT credit for making changes that it would have taken TM weeks to get around to.

Buckley has been terrible for a few games now and Wharton excelled on his debut - really happy to see that change.

Strange seeing Dolan start, but he must be impressing in training.

• Like 3

Rovers will win this 3-1 with BBD, Dolan and Hyam scoring. 

Good to see Adam Wharton playing and he will show again why he is good young player. 

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ok line up,just don`t understand diaz out wide and dolan in the middle,given that ben is pretty good with his head and dolan has never headed a football in his life,pretty pointless pinging crosses in,everything will have to come through the middle or behind them

Cos BBD isn't a number 9 striker and his best form comes from playing wide left from the front line. 

Dolan is playing the pressing role in the 9 we want to play

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where are they though ? One’s a sick note, another one is a teenager, Wharton has had his share of injuries and Carter has just come back from one. So tonight we have a young lad back from injury and a new starter with a kid on the bench.

Matt Woods played centre half for us for about 6 seasons and the only time he went missing was when he got suspended.

Said sick note is probably the best player at the club - we've played him too much at the start of the year already, he shouldn't be asked to play twice a week.

Said teenager is a wonderkid that a host of PL clubs want. Wharton has had a bad achilles injury and a niggle to start this year - hardly injury prone. Hyam apparently is an ever present, so there's your Matt Woods guy. 

We simply can't allocate MORE resources to the position without selling someone first.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to see Adam Wharton playing and he will show again why he is good young player. 

Cos BBD isn't a number 9 striker and his best form comes from playing wide left from the front line. 

I love your optimism!

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I will give JDT credit for making changes that it would have taken TM weeks to get around to.

Buckley has been terrible for a few games now and Wharton excelled on his debut - really happy to see that change.

Strange seeing Dolan start, but he must be impressing in training.

Genuinely, who else do you play in Dolan's place?

Vale isn't up to it at this level - JDT knows that. Burns and Leonard are too young / unknown and need to go out on loan to prove themselves. 

That's it. That's why we signed Hirst. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well he should be able to adapt,he`s woth 15 million quid is`nt he!!!

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Said sick note is probably the best player at the club - we've played him too much at the start of the year already, he shouldn't be asked to play twice a week.

Said teenager is a wonderkid that a host of PL clubs want. Wharton has had a bad achilles injury and a niggle to start this year - hardly injury prone. Hyam apparently is an ever present, so there's your Matt Woods guy. 

We simply can't allocate MORE resources to the position without selling someone first.

He’s not the best player at the club when he’s on the treatment table. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, booth said:

If we play like we did second half against Stoke we've got a chance. I hope Diaz turns up.

If we play like we did first half against Stoke it'll be embarassing.

I think most on here are missing that (bar the centre halves) - this is the team that did so well in the second half against Stoke. 

A big night for Carter - after a season in league 1 he should be used to playing against centre forwards who try to rough you up. Lets see if his excellent spell at Portsmouth can translate into Rovers colours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jrc definately on his way,bowler good with the set pieces to those two planks up front yates and madine,that will be our biggest worry,that walking **** stain lavery will be causing trouble as well

I'd love to ship JRC, Butterworth, Edun and Vale out - but they'll all be needed at some point during the season, unfortunately. Unless we have a monster transfer deadline day that is.

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

A CM at RB, a new central defensive pairing who have never played before, a midfield pairing who won't put a tackle in, and no out and out striker. 

The side is so unbalanced and will most likely lose tonight. 

Thing is with inexperienced sides like this they often surprise us. Hopefully that will happen tonight.

• Like 3