BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Bit worried about the fact JDT is being coy about the injuries to Brittain and Gallagher. Just hoping it’s not as bad as I’m thinking

Agree entirely.

Also, would be amazed if BBD plays.

Would take a point now but, sadly, I think things are going to get worse before they get better.  Gone for Blackpool win at 6/4 and more than 2.5 goals at fractionally better than evens.

Forget 3 players needed, or even 4 players, current circumstances show us, and the season is still in its infancy, how stretched and unbalanced our squad is and in reality we need a minimum of 5 additions plus another if BBD goes.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

???

It's self explanatory isn't it? 

Sure he wants Rovers to win, but suppose backing the other team if you think they'll win/are generously priced is a way of hedging your bets. 

I don't tend to back against Rovers - one of the one times I did we got a shock win at St James' Park. 

I have an okay feeling about tomorrow mind, so don't fully share Mercer's pessimism. 

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Aye, as long as the opposition only score 2.5 we will win.

And so will Mercer 🙂

There's lies, damned lies and betting odds.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah, it's extremely worrying re: Brittain as we quite literally do not have one alternative without pulling our captain out to the right side. Got to hope it's just a knock / small strain.

Alternatives are JRC (eww), Carter, Buckley (I'd really rather not, but a bit more comfortable with it than when Mowbray first tried it disastrously) and as you say, Travis. None are ideal of course. I think Carter is the one least likely to be a liability, though I wouldn't expect to see him do much going forward (even though he does have some tricks and flicks for a big lad).

A long term injury to Brittain would very much be a problem. The occasional short term one we can probably live with for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Gally out for probably four weeks, hamstring.

Really not good news given our lack of goals (and yes, I know he’s hardly full of them) and strikers. Makes bringing in a striker or two even more important ahead of Thursday.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

I got mine half an hour ago and there were around 200 left and a steady queue. I presume a sell out wasn't expected given they said tickets would be available on the gate, unless they have more they can release.

There's no more at Ewood so I expect it will be temporarily sold out at some point in the morning.

The allocation was 3,300 and can go to a maximum of 3,900 which is higher than last season, so a good few hundred will be available on the night.

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

diaz must play in the middle tommorow

Tbh he has generally looked more effective playing wide. Not sure he knows how to move around the box to maximum effect yet, but out wide he can get past most and cut inside effectively.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tbh he has generally looked more effective playing wide. Not sure he knows how to move around the box to maximum effect yet, but out wide he can get past most and cut inside effectively.

he`s got to be more effective there than dolan,i suppose you could put hedges there,he seems a bit of a utility player

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Hyam Pickering 

Travis Wharton Morton

Hedges Dack Markanday 

That’s the team for me. Bench looks weak. 

I don't care if the bench is weak, as long as the best players are on the pitch.

24 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Anyone recommend somewhere decent to park for our designated driver? I know various places in Blackpool but never driven specifically for football....

I'm doing same as last time I went in league 1.

End of m55 and head for the airport. As you approach the airport, there's a right turn, St Anne's Road. It leads right up to the ground, and there was free parking in the side streets. We drove right up to the ground then doubled back and parked as close as poss. 

It's a few years back obviously, but I'm doing the same and hope it's still as it was. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'm doing same as last time I went in league 1.

End of m55 and head for the airport. As you approach the airport, there's a right turn, St Anne's Road. It leads right up to the ground, and there was free parking in the side streets. We drove right up to the ground then doubled back and parked as close as poss. 

It's a few years back obviously, but I'm doing the same and hope it's still as it was. 

Thank you.

I know st Anne's Road  was looking earlier and you can park on the Premoer Inn just off there for 4 quid