BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

2 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Hope Im wrong but JDT does come across as a little naive. Would like to see a bit bigger team so would give Carter a go at right-back if Brittain isnt fit. A bit more of the "defensive/big lads" philosophy for me aka Allardyce/Lambert.

It is a local derby of sorts anyway. Sophistication ...aka Pep tippy-tappy unnecessary given our opponents. So go 3 at the back.

No more putting "Tonys tombola" into overdrive with bizarre team selections please.....we already need the points/point. 

Lambert has done well to be comparative in style to Allardyce!

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

There were around 400 tickets left as of this morning following a raft of online sales over the weekend. It looks like we are likely to sell out.

Good effort.

How many did we get?

Win needed badly a defeat to the worse of our Lancashire rivals would bring horrid negativity especially live on the box, unlikely brereton will play as his move away heats up, question is will Ayala be rested as Carter isn’t fit enough yet and hyam will likely be able to slit straight in so does he partner Phillips ? Blackpool will have had a good look at us and despite Phillips being brilliant he was also bullied a bit which is expected but blackpool have some big lads who will really look to get at him and in his face, personally I would keep Ayala on to partner hyam even if it’s for 60 mins 

kaminski 

brittain 

ayala 

hyam 

Edun 

buckley 

travis 

hedges

dack 

markanday 

gallagher 

subs: pears, Phillips, Carter, Pickering, Wharton, Morton, Dolan 

or would like us to go three at the back with wing backs and 3 in midfield (one as a more attacking role) and two upfront 

20 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I think we'll lose unfortunately. There's too much uncertainty around certain areas of the team and the players are trying to adjust to JDT. That combined with Blackpool being massively up for it as I expect them to be (as was the case last season) will be too much of a shock to the system for Rovers.

3-1. Dack with Rovers only goal.

Last season was lost by mowbrays stupid mentality, he put a piss poor magloire at right back off the back of a shocker earlier that week and blackpool knew that and all their luck came from that side which both their goals happened despite rovers dominance second half worthy of a draw atleast in tyoical Mowbray fashion we huffed and puffed but didn’t have the cutting edge aswell as the ref letting blackpool away with too much, blackpool credit to then defended and commited very well but we’re a poor side in which we’re gifted poor goals by an even poorer 1st half rovers, blackpool had a good manager at the time now they have Appleton who we know well so I don’t think it could possibly be any worse than last season when they had a better manager than they do now and we had a poorer manager than we do now. If we come out with the right mindset and fired up in which we should be after a run of three loses in the league then we will batter them 

• Backroom

I'd like to see us try:

Kaminski

Brittain   Hyam   Ayala  Pickering

Wharton Travis Buckley

Hedges     Dack 

Gallagher

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

In my mind, Blackpool has never been a happy hunting ground for Rovers.

Someone may have the stats but in the last 55-60 years or so, I don't recall more than half a dozen Rovers' wins.

Been on that ground when we've had some real thumpings with 3/4/5 goals flying in past our goalie.

Since the new century came in we have been to Bloomfield 6 times competitively 

10/11 2-1 win 

12/13 2-0 loss 

13/14 2-2 draw 

14/15 2-1 win 

17/18 4-2 win 

20/21 2-1 loss 

wouldn’t call it a bogey ground like Wigan is, we go there next week and we haven’t won there since 2007 

• Like 1

I would start  :                                                              Kaminski

Hyam                      Phillips                   Ayala

Carter                                                                                                                     Edun

Travis                       A Wharton         Morton

Hedges                                    Diaz                    

Edited by rigger

One thing I'll say is a healthy travelling contingent usually results in an abject performance if previous history is anything to go by - last year at PNE (when it was too late) a noticeable exception to the rule. Last year's trip to Blackpool, numerous Deepdale debacles and our wretched record at Wigan testament to this. 

Hoping we can buck this recent trend.

Too far for me midweek from Cardiff; wish everyone a safe and enjoyable trip.

As for the game - couldn't call it. Don't think we can afford to expose JRC, can see a similar team to the one that finished the last game, with Hyam slotting in too (not sure at whose expense). That's assuming there isn't more bad news on the injury front. 

34 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I got mine half an hour ago and there were around 200 left and a steady queue. I presume a sell out wasn't expected given they said tickets would be available on the gate, unless they have more they can release.

Really? Sells out every year doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Bit worried about the fact JDT is being coy about the injuries to Brittain and Gallagher. Just hoping it’s not as bad as I’m thinking

Yeah, it's extremely worrying re: Brittain as we quite literally do not have one alternative without pulling our captain out to the right side. Got to hope it's just a knock / small strain.

20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah, it's extremely worrying re: Brittain as we quite literally do not have one alternative without pulling our captain out to the right side. Got to hope it's just a knock / small strain.

Carter can play there. Think he did okay at full back this time last year - though he was asked to play LB I believe mostly.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The only time I went on an organised run was to Bolton. I think I got on the bus near the shoe warehouse, Tommy Balls I think, but that might be just a rusty memory. We won 0-1, pretty sure Duggie scored.

My trusty 'Blackburn Rovers A Complete Record' by Mike Jackman, reports this as taking place on Monday 25th March 1967. A crowd of 21,740 saw Douglas score the only goal of the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Hyam Pickering 

Travis Wharton Morton

Hedges Dack Markanday 

That’s the team for me. Bench looks weak. 

I guess you are assuming BBD is gone? If so agree on the team from the players available. Probs more of a 4231 than a 433 though.   

Career goals in that team must be absolutely tiny. And also we will need to pass the ball through them as we are going to get no change out of them in the air at all.

I guess the hope is that Blackpool fancy attacking us in quite an open way enabling us to play the on the ground counter attacking game we like. If so we could get a win.