BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

5 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I think we'll lose unfortunately. There's too much uncertainty around certain areas of the team and the players are trying to adjust to JDT. That combined with Blackpool being massively up for it as I expect them to be (as was the case last season) will be too much of a shock to the system for Rovers.

3-1. Dack with Rovers only goal.

None of that says much for JDT. 

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Everyone's obsessed with this back 3 malarkay.

If you think Pickering can handle the left flank on his own then I've got a bridge to sell you. He'd get mullered every week.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it really. It just seemed like having 3 CB's in Ayala, Wharton and Hyam, it would be difficult not to play them. 

I know Pickering isn't great but until we sign a new LB, he's all we've got. Well, him or Edun at least.

We just don't look like scoring. We're struggling to create chances and that is a concern. There's also a possibility BBD has played his last game for us and may not feature on Wednesday night.

I think Blackpool will want it more than us. We were outfought and out enthused in our last two away games. A Lancashire derby as our next game isn't ideal in our current state. 1-0 home win.

39 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it really. It just seemed like having 3 CB's in Ayala, Wharton and Hyam, it would be difficult not to play them. 

I know Pickering isn't great but until we sign a new LB, he's all we've got. Well, him or Edun at least.

Or Batty, or Cirino. 

In my mind, Blackpool has never been a happy hunting ground for Rovers.

Someone may have the stats but in the last 55-60 years or so, I don't recall more than half a dozen Rovers' wins.

Been on that ground when we've had some real thumpings with 3/4/5 goals flying in past our goalie.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Someone may have the stats but in the last 55-60 years or so, I don't recall more than half a dozen Rovers' wins.

Been on that ground when we've had some real thumpings with 3/4/5 goals flying in past our goalie.

Only time  I have seen Rovers win at Blackpool except for Anglo Scottish games was Big Sam ...last minute Emerton 

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

None of that says much for JDT. 

To an extent that's true but we have after all lost 3 league games on the spin so the manager deserves criticism just as much as he deserved praise after winning 4 on the bounce in all competitions. That criticism needs to land at the feet of the players as well though. The coaching staff prepare for a match as much as you want during the week but if the likes of Buckley, JRC, etc. are doing the absolute basics wrong during a match then there's not much that can be done on the touchline other that to do what JDT did and haul the drastically underperforming players off at half time.

• Like 1

I think the only time iv'e seen us win there was a pre season Lancs cup final and probably more Rovers there for that than there'll be on Weds.

We better turn up for this one from the off.

Blackpool 2    Rovers   2

Edited by tomphil

Blackpool 0 Rovers 2. Think we will click tomorrow tonight and bring back the points.

Big week as 6 points and a couple more signatures will change the mood, big time.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

I was there for a 4-2 thumping in 1964*. They regularly put a few past us back then.

I don't recall much of the game but recall a dump of an away end and a poor pitch view.

We didn't play them from Feb 1980 until Sept 2010, no seaside for 30 years!

Since 2010 our record is quite good, 6 trips, 3 wins,2 defeats and just 1 draw.

*I was a 12 year-old on hols in Blackburn at Grans and had got myself to and from the match in Blackpool by public bus, alone. Madness!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was there for a 4-2 thumping in 1964*. They regularly put a few past us back then.

I don't recall much of the game but recall a dump of an away end and a poor pitch view.

We didn't play them from Feb 1980 until Sept 2010, no seaside for 30 years!

Since 2010 our record is quite good, 6 trips, 3 wins,2 defeats and just 1 draw.

*I was a 12 year-old on hols in Blackburn at Grans and had got myself to and from the match in Blackpool by public bus, alone. Madness!

That's dedication for you and one I can recognise from the old red Ribble bus days.

• Like 1

Hope Im wrong but JDT does come across as a little naive. Would like to see a bit bigger team so would give Carter a go at right-back if Brittain isnt fit. A bit more of the "defensive/big lads" philosophy for me aka Allardyce/Lambert.

It is a local derby of sorts anyway. Sophistication ...aka Pep tippy-tappy unnecessary given our opponents. So go 3 at the back.

No more putting "Tonys tombola" into overdrive with bizarre team selections please.....we already need the points/point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There were around 400 tickets left as of this morning following a raft of online sales over the weekend. It looks like we are likely to sell out.

Good effort.

Crikey. Amazing effort - Wednesday night game off the back of three defeats. Wow.

Hope the team can do the fans justice.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There were around 400 tickets left as of this morning following a raft of online sales over the weekend. It looks like we are likely to sell out.

Good effort.

Ooops. I was going to buy on the gate but I'd better nip down and get one today.

49 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Hope Im wrong but JDT does come across as a little naive. Would like to see a bit bigger team so would give Carter a go at right-back if Brittain isnt fit. A bit more of the "defensive/big lads" philosophy for me aka Allardyce/Lambert.

It is a local derby of sorts anyway. Sophistication ...aka Pep tippy-tappy unnecessary given our opponents. So go 3 at the back.

No more putting "Tonys tombola" into overdrive with bizarre team selections please.....we already need the points/point. 

We'll see if he's naive if he plays JRC at fullback and Dack as centre forward again. He should drop Buckley too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lraC said:

That's dedication for you and one I can recognise from the old red Ribble bus days.

As a kid I went alone to Blackpool to watch Rovers reserves in a night game. Came back on a Ribble bus that ran into high winds and I thought we were going to topple over. I sat upstairs to get more of the sway effect, the folly of youth.

The only time I went on an organised run was to Bolton. I think I got on the bus near the shoe warehouse, Tommy Balls I think, but that might be just a rusty memory. We won 0-1, pretty sure Duggie scored.

In those days I used to go to all the local games I could when at Grans on hols.

Good days, apart from being mugged on Preston New Rd and a near encounter with what I would now classify as a pedo in Preston.

• Like 1

We won't play well and create chances until JDT finds a way to release Buckley from the shackles of having to support Trav to cover the inadequacies of our failing front line and nervous defence. 

Hopefully our returning defenders will allow JB to look forward and pick out the runs of Gally and (hopefully) BBD. 

We have no other creative midfielder, unless Dack improves his fitness by 50%, so JDT must find the best way to allow him to play. He will not function (as we have seen) in the current system. Dack or one other need to play alongside him and Trav in central midfield in a 4-3-3 or 5-3-2. 

That's when the ball retention, pretty patterns, and progressive passing will return. 

At the moment, for me, there is no defined system. 

I personally worry about JDTs ability to improve us until we have all our defensive options available, and one or two other signings bedded in. 

The only way we could drop JB is to sign a very decent creative midfielder this week, and we're probably not looking for one.

• Like 3