BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

Key thing here for us is that ‘hopefully’ bowler won’t be playing. 

I’ll be fuming if Buckley Starts over Wharton. JDT has clearly stated age means nothing. If you’re good enough you play.

Does anyone know if Brittain will be back? 

I can see us getting something from this game.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

I think Hyam, Wharton and maybe even Sepp will be available for this. Going from really struggling to quite decent back four options. How's Brittain getting on too?

Whatever system we play hopefully having at least two established centrebacks and a decent right back will make us much more solid.

Team I'd go for 

Kaminski

Brittain.      Ayala.     S Wharton.  Pickering

Travis.       Morton. 

Hedges      A Wharton.    Brereton

Gallagher   

Subs : Pears, Hyam, Sepp, Buckley, Dack, Dolan, Markanday

Still searching for a settled XI and system, though the playing options definitely improving.

• Like 2

I'd settle for a draw,just want to stop the run of defeats,if he's still here i can see BBD being left out of the squad due to pending transfer,get the transfer deadline out of the way then see what we have got to work with and kick on from there.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Anyone know what allocation we have for this?

When I got my Wigan tickets on Friday there were around 1000 Blackpool tickets unsold although I don't know what our allocation is.

• Like 1

So many questions going into this.

Will Hyam start and will any other new signings be involved?

Will Brereton be still here?

Will Brittain and Gallagher be fit? Is Szmodics out with concussion? Is Ayala ok having been seen with his calf strapped up?

Then beyond that, there are obvious selection dilemmas. Will Dack be scapegoated by Tomasson and pulled straight out? Who will play beside Travis? Does Carter play at right back if Brittain is out?

I do fear that our team again will be really patched up and will struggle.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So many questions going into this.

Will Hyam start and will any other new signings be involved?

Will Brereton be still here?

Will Brittain and Gallagher be fit? Is Szmodics out with concussion? Is Ayala ok having been seen with his calf strapped up?

Then beyond that, there are obvious selection dilemmas. Will Dack be scapegoated by Tomasson and pulled straight out? Who will play beside Travis? Does Carter play at right back if Brittain is out?

I do fear that our team again will be really patched up and will struggle.

Indeed.

Other big question - will Bowler play?

Too early to make any sort of call on this match.

58 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Put Dack in for Gallagher, and swap with Diaz 

I did want to put Dack in the starting 11, as I think he still has a lot to offer. My thinking here was that if we were playing a back 3, wingbacks obviously do a lot of the attacking work. If they are putting crosses into the box, BBD, Gallagher and Hedges are all lanky buggers and might* get onto the end of something.

*Probably won't 😂

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I did want to put Dack in the starting 11, as I think he still has a lot to offer. My thinking here was that if we were playing a back 3, wingbacks obviously do a lot of the attacking work. If they are putting crosses into the box, BBD, Gallagher and Hedges are all lanky buggers and might* get onto the end of something.

*Probably won't 😂

I'd have four at the back and have Dack behind the front man.

I think we'll lose unfortunately. There's too much uncertainty around certain areas of the team and the players are trying to adjust to JDT. That combined with Blackpool being massively up for it as I expect them to be (as was the case last season) will be too much of a shock to the system for Rovers.

3-1. Dack with Rovers only goal.