BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 3/9/22

As fans we tell ourselves that this player is good and that our manager is good and it's purely a coping mechanism. In truth we have alot of shite. A new signing comes and we tell ourselves they are great, an academy graduate gets a game and we find any reason to praise because we desperate. Venkys made us desperate, we were attracting champions League winners, premier League winners, established internationals. We were an attractive club and had great squads in the not so distant past. Now we are bickering, myself included, over the Pickerings, Buckley's, Dolan's of the world. They are not good enough and they are not the only ones. Ewood is a revolving door of 6/10 players coming and going. No plan, no pride and no heart from the owners and board.

We need massive improvement and investment and we deserve it, just drifting around in midtable obscurity and worse for over a decade. It's so disheartening and deflating.

• Like 9

I’m often a critic of the man but we’re also missing Gallagher.

Dolan the best player for us on the pitch. Deserves to hold his place.

Replacing Dack and Hedges at half time a proper head scratcher. Wharton and Hirst the two to come off for me and move Travis into the middle.

Glad we have 12 points thanks to that 3 game start or I’d be seriously worried about relegation. 

• Like 1

Didn’t work today. At all. Never got going and sloppy as hell.

Travis is no right back, and we missed his bite and drive in midfield. The young lads can’t do it alone every week.

Front 4 ponderous, tired looking. Looked like we were playing at half speed sometimes with no ideas. Hopefully coaching can improve this.

Only real positive was Dolan taking his goal well, and a nice assist, he brought some much needed energy.

I have faith JDT will learn a lot from the game. 

Would’ve been harsh on a decent Bristol City side if we’d scraped a point. Didn’t deserve it one bit.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The final score line doesn’t reflect how poor we were. 

They literally scored two sucker-punch goals on the break and a third where the ref had blown his whistle before the ball crossed the line.

Wharton looked tired today, so did a lot of our players - thats where the lack of depth comes into play.

Disappointing result, I thought we were good enough for a draw, but that's the Championship for you - Bristol City are built for it - big, strong, allowed to kick lumps out of you and look to hit you on the break. Mid-table mediocrity beckons for them.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm starting to worry about this brand of football we're playing. When it works it works but any half decent team seems to be able to pick it apart with ease. We concede for fun in most of the games we lose.

Hope I'm wrong and he learns from the defeats but I will be amazed if JDT is here at the end of the season if it continues like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

As fans we tell ourselves that this player is good and that our manager is good and it's purely a coping mechanism. In truth we have alot of shite. A new signing comes and we tell ourselves they are great, an academy graduate gets a game and we find any reason to praise because we desperate. Venkys made us desperate, we were attracting champions League winners, premier League winners, established internationals. We were an attractive club and had great squads in the not so distant past. Now we are bickering, myself included, over the Pickerings, Buckley's, Dolan's of the world. They are not good enough and they are not the only ones. Ewood is a revolving door of 6/10 players coming and going. No plan, no pride and no heart from the owners and board.

We need massive improvement and investment and we deserve it, just drifting around in midtable obscurity and worse for over a decade. It's so disheartening and deflating.

Similarly, we lose a game after a great midweek performance and mixed start to the season and some fans absolutely shit themselves.

• Like 2

I thought Carter was desperately poor today 

Travis can't do the RB role, edun is shocking but adds a bit of bite.

Dolan superb second half, changed how we looked but still front four lack fluidity ..our passing and holding onto possession is just abysmal 

I don't like the look of our midfield..im 31 with 18 stone on me and two shot knees but I'd run rings around morton he's weak as is Wharton..both technically good hit very weak and easily over run 

Hirst..well the less said the better  we have 2 strikers available for selection right now in Vale and Hirst..crikey 0 goals in their champ careers so far 

Just don't know how we are going to fix the issues we have, window is closed and we are lacking in key areas. Another sat night ruined..starting to worry about JDT

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Honestly, I'm starting to worry about this brand of football we're playing. When it works it works but any half decent team seems to be able to pick it apart with ease. We concede for fun in most of the games we lose.

Hope I'm wrong and he learns from the defeats but I will be amazed if JDT is here at the end of the season if it continues like this.

What is this brand of football? I’m honestly baffled when I see this, is it possession based? Pressure based? Counter attack based?

I’m being genuine I’ve no idea when I see comments like this what people think our ‘style’ is. The only consistent is that we struggle to string 5 passes together. 

• Like 3

Awful, awful performance yet again. I think 0-4 would have been a fairer reflection. 

If you try and play passing football with average players then you usually get sacked by Xmas. Go and ask Cocu. 

A club with average players like ours has to be well organised, well drilled, and tough to beat. We are none of those things. Every team is finding too much space between midfield and defence, it's far too easy to carve us open and get shots on our goal - hence 10 goals conceded in 5 games. JDT has us very poorly set up but I hope he can turn things around. I've been very unimpressed by him so far. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I couldn't have put it any better. Spot on. There's a lot of wishful thinking that goes on, but I can't blame anybody for trying to remain hopeful. It's just painful to see what these owners have reduced our club to, and it seems to get worse. Nothing changes until they leave.

• Like 2

Well that was effing dreadful. Final score flattered us.

The players never looked like they wanted it. Sluggish and passive. BBD didn't look up for it.

Hirst showed signs of promise when he could get involved but was totally isolated for the most part. Think he was unlucky to be taken off. Not sure why Dack and Hedges went off, although perhaps its fitness related.

Why we continue to try and pass it out from the back I don't know. The players are clearly not good enough to do it when most teams tend to high press. We saw this style of play 2 years ago when Mowbray tried it.

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Awful, awful performance yet again. I think 0-4 would have been a fairer reflection. 

If you try and play passing football with average players then you usually get sacked by Xmas. Go and ask Cocu. 

A club with average players like ours has to be well organised, well drilled, and tough to beat. We are none of those things. Every team is finding too much space between midfield and defence, it's far too easy to carve us open and get shots on our goal - hence 10 goals conceded in 5 games. JDT has us very poorly set up but I hope he can turn things around. I've been very unimpressed by him so far. 

The midfield today was shocking. A complete contrast from Wednesday night.

We’re 8 games in and 6th after a long transfer window, and multiple injuries.

Granted that can change with other games to play this weekend, but are people seriously “starting to worry about JDT” and relegation?

Cripes I better log off.

Enjoy your weekend lads.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They literally scored two sucker-punch goals on the break and a third where the ref had blown his whistle before the ball crossed the line.

Wharton looked tired today, so did a lot of our players - thats where the lack of depth comes into play.

Disappointing result, I thought we were good enough for a draw, but that's the Championship for you - Bristol City are built for it - big, strong, allowed to kick lumps out of you and look to hit you on the break. Mid-table mediocrity beckons for them.

If they are mid table, we are relegation fodder.  

• Like 1