BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

Not the finished article yet, that’s for sure. Hedges not able to leave the RB spot negates all the good he can do further up the field; Wharton a liability so far but Ayala and Hyam immense. Front three all poor, especially SS, but I am liking the fact Hirst can control a ball played into him with his back to goal, a skill that eludes Big Sam.

Up to the manager now whether we get a result or not.

Pretty dreadful first half, the amount of basic passes missing the target is genuinely surprising for this level.

Szmod has been one of the most wasteful, surely Dack in the 2nd half couldn't be any worse.

A.Wharton and either Dolan or Gallagher for Hirst and we'll have half a chance.

I’ve waited for a decent number of games before commenting. I really can’t see what where trying to accomplish. It’s laboured, we don’t press the ball every pass is backwards, we don’t make teams commit players we miss place passes, players run one way and the ball goes the other. Do they not know each other or just meet on game night.

I’m not bothered what smzodic did Saturday he is league one at best and he can take Hirst with him. 
im aware of the league position and my only question is how because it is worse than some of the shit dished up by Mowbray

It is total crap

• Like 2

Really don’t like the 523 it leaves you completely exposed by one pass, only teams with qualify midfielders can master this system along with quality upfront who can press and keep the ball. We should be looking to go 532 get Diaz and gally uptop with a player in an advanced midfield role like what Rothwell had, lick the ball up from deep and create something

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Agree. We’re the kings of going backwards and sideways.

So much for the press.

We need to up the ante and move forwards. If we insist on playing it out from the back, the receiving midfielder has to control the ball, turn and start moving FORWARDS, ffs.

Mental to be playing to checking players 30 yards from our goal. Surely we can start the play future up the pitch. 

3 in the back or 4 we seem to have no ability to get it wide and start the movement quickly. All too slow, too sideways. It will lead to goals against. 

It’s a matter of when rather than if Wigan will score and win 1-0. We could play until next week and not score. Too many players doing nothing. Get Hedges in central midfield alongside Morton so that Trav isn’t an outball as he offers nothing going forward. Get Gally on for Hirst and Dolan on for Sammy. Looking like another nil away from home 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Szmodics getting a bit of unfair treatment for me this evening. He’s only been as bad as everyone else. Hirst on the other hand has so far done absolutely nothing. 

He doesn't hide I will give him that. But to be fair I wish he would.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Szmodics getting a bit of unfair treatment for me this evening. He’s only been as bad as everyone else. Hirst on the other hand has so far done absolutely nothing. 

He’s been the pick of the bad bunch though - no doubt. I reckon he broke down 4-5 semi decent moves with an atrocious touch. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Not the finished article yet, that’s for sure. Hedges not able to leave the RB spot negates all the good he can do further up the field; Wharton a liability so far but Ayala and Hyam immense. Front three all poor, especially SS, but I am liking the fact Hirst can control a ball played into him with his back to goal, a skill that eludes Big Sam.

Up to the manager now whether we get a result or not.

Didn’t we sign a proper right wing  back this summer 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

He's given the ball away more often than not, first touch is very poor.

Most of the rest of the team have been just as bad

• Like 1

Poor half, Smoz and Hirst need subbing at HT. This style of football is not for this batch of players, they simply aren't technical enough to do it. Overrun in midfield as always, Trav asked to cover far too much ground. Wharton and Dack on please.