BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

Just now, yankfan said:

There was a ball played by Brittain when he first came in. Great bending ball behind the back line. Hirst made the run in front of the defender across the line. Such poor movement.  It had to be off the back shoulder run. He doesn’t know how to play. 

agreed,the higher the level of football the more your weaknesses are exposed

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

peter white also used  that term for norman bell , jimmy quinn,chris thompson etc😃

Jimmy Quinn was 100x the player Hirst is. How can you possibly scout him and come up with him as your main striking target? He's beyond useless, there must be better than him at Conference level.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, I would. I think there is a player in him, and I won't write him off like many people on this board

and you don't come out with some of the embarrassing comments I've seen tonight on here cos he missed a penalty. Dack miss one last season

well before my time. I wasn't even born then

If there is a player in him. Can we get  the player out and send hirst back to Leicester? 

• Like 5

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Jimmy Quinn was 100x the player Hirst is. How can you possibly scout him and come up with him as your main striking target? He's beyond useless, there must be better than him at Conference level.

while a bit useless and clumsy,quinn was a great header of the ball and was difficult to knock off the ball,not seen anything of hirst that tells me he has any attributes at this level

• Like 2

Add that to the very, very long list of games we’ve lost after going behind. That tells me all I need to know. I said I wasn’t happy with the line up before KO and I’m even less happy now ! Watch it all change again on Saturday. Tomasson is skating on very thin ice for me. If he can’t see the “ play it around at the back until we lose it “ style gets team relegated he’s nothing like as smart as he thinks he is. Get a style of play that suits the players,  don’t try and do it the other way around. That’s what smart managers do.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

Have to say things are looking a bit worrying.

We look absolutely terrible, and are being massively flattered by the unexpectedly good start in the first three games.

Recruitment is still generally very poor imo - Hedges /Szmodics/ Hirst absolute rubbish. Morton not as good as A Wharton or even Buckley when he's on form. (WTF has happened to him BTW?)

I thought the one positive tonight was the performance of Dack, although not on the pitch long he managed to get in a number of great positions had me managed to pick him out and was really unlucky with the goal that was pulled back. Knows when and where to make the runs and the positions to get into, the rest don't. 

HAS to start for me.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyone saying one of the other players should have taken the penalty has clearly never played football at any sort of decent standard… or hasn’t watched any of the ‘All or Nothing’ type documentaries on Netflix/Amazon. 

Rovers, like almost every other team in the country, are given a 1-5 for penalty takers when the match day squad is announced. Hirst is clearly high up that list, likely second behind Brereton. If someone takes the ball off Hirst they’d be fined and dropped whether they scored the penalty or missed. 

This makes it even worse. If Hirst is higher up the list than Dack, then I give up. 

I repeat, who on here, or anywhere in the footballing world would think Hirst would be more likely to score that penalty than Dack. The answer is very, very, very few. 

Most of us thought he would miss. 

It's a simple game. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Subdued performance.

Decisions didn’t go our way, but that can happen and generally evens out over the season.

Hirst needs minutes in the U23s to get back up to speed.

I understand there is a priority list for penalty takers but Dack was ‘robbed’, so it should have been his.

We may need to look at the formation / tactics, too many flat performances against teams who are struggling.

The style of play and tactics are the root cause of us subduing ourselves rather than the opposition but we've been here before.

There is naff all urgency at Blackburn Rovers to do anything other than plod on.

• Like 3

if you are not good enough there is`nt much point in trying to pass the ball about continually,you are going to lose the ball and lose games,mix it up and use your 6"4 centre forward  occasionally with the long ball,get it down the flanks and whip some crosses in before the oppositions defence has settled as it stands we are so easy to play against it`s shocking,the only improvement i can see in jdt`s tenure is we are a lot better on set pieces and more solid in defence,that`s solid when not trying to play out from the back

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I very much doubt Hirst will get anywhere near the number of goals Bell, Quinn and Thompson scored in their relatively illustrious careers in comparison to Hirst.

I have seen absolutely nothing in Hirst to suggest there's even a hint of a player in there and God help us if he was our number 1 summer target.  There is a reason he didn't score in 36 appearances at Rotherham and there is also a reason why he started many games there on the bench.

I don't rate Vale and I don't even think Hirst is better than Vale.

Scary times and a reportedly agreed £5million fee to make the loan permanent.  I think someone is having their p1sser pulled even harder than when it was pulled by Posh for Szmodics.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I didn't turn off but said to myself he'd miss. He hadn't kicked the fucking ball since coming on.

AND he took the ball and demanded taking it.

Useless pleb

Did you notice him slightly raise his hands in celebration. He shot them down very quickly. 

That was the cherry on the turd. Awful game. No manager bounce dings us again. 

Passing backwards on 89 minutes finished it for me. No running into positions. Midfield overran and nobody to put their foot on the ball and control proceedings.  Old Dack would have had that chance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I very much doubt Hirst will get anywhere near the number of goals Bell, Quinn and Thompson scored in their relatively illustrious careers in comparison to Hirst.

I have seen absolutely nothing in Hirst to suggest there's even a hint of a player in there and God help us if he was our number 1 summer target.  There is a reason he didn't score in 36 appearances at Rotherham and there is also a reason why he started many games there on the bench.

I don't rate Vale and I don't even think Hirst is better than Vale.

Scary times and a reportedly agreed £5million fee to make the loan permanent.  I think someone is having their p1sser pulled even harder than when it was pulled by Posh for Szmodics.

for 5 million we could have viktor gyorkes or emil riise,we arn`t obliged to sign him are we😨

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Add that to the very, very long list of games we’ve lost after going behind. That tells me all I need to know. I said I wasn’t happy with the line up before KO and I’m even less happy now ! Watch it all change again on Saturday. Tomasson is skating on very thin ice for me. If he can’t see the “ play it around at the back until we lose it “ style gets team relegated he’s nothing like as smart as he thinks he is. Get a style of play that suits the players,  don’t try and do it the other way around. That’s what smart managers do.

We've just got another guy who instead of looking at the squad, last season etc and seeing how to improve it, has just got several players he's trying to shoehorn in and drilling a system he wants instead of what suits them.

We are also back to rotate and sub just for the sake of it.

• Like 1

So inconsistent and frustrating ,a boring mid table finish looking on the cards along with the hope of beating the sister humpers at the cobbled end of the M65...that's our lot this Season.

As for this Project mantra,did we ever hear the same from the likes of King Kenny,Souness or Hughes?

Edited by A Northern Horde...

Could anyone on here unhappy with the criticism, please give their honest opinion on our lack of ability to retain possession all season? 

I thought we played well for 90 minutes against Watford, but that was because they had a manager(now sacked) who was trying to make a decent team play in a way that was totally unsuited to the players abilities. Sound familiar?

In most of the other games, we have been unable to pass the ball, and play with any quality or freedom. 

BBD, and our central defenders have done their thing in a few games, which has papered over the cracks, but JDT is, so far, unable to help us adopt a style which would help us to retain possession.

We are nervous with the ball at our feet, in every area of the pitch. 

What are the cheerleaders seeing that the rest of us aren't, that is giving you hope or cause for optimism?