BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

Spineless team apart from Ayala, S Wharton & Hyam  i wouldn't want to go to war with any others in the squad, they'd all surrender at the first sound of gunfire. 

We haven't a single senior centre midfielder in the whole squad that you can rely on consistently for anything

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I am gutted we missed that Penalty. Wish Sky hadn't shown that Keeper penalty stat before the penalty. Feel for Hirst tonight. 

The overall performance wasn't good enough. BBD, Dolan and Hedges all off form tonight. Buckley was awful. I still feel we aren't using Callum Brittain enough in the attacking third. 

Anyway, we moved on and let's go and beat Rotherham on Saturday now. I would stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation, but I would drop Ayala, Dolan and Buckley for Scott Wharton, Hirst and Morton. 

How can you feel for Hirst ? He missed a spot kick dont pamper him.

• Like 1

Penalty takers are decided before the match, not on the fly (except for shootouts).

Hirst was the taker on the field and he took it, badly.

Its the rest of the game that was more concerning; we were dreadful for the vast majority.

A half decent team would have scored a hatful against us tonight.

Edited by Andy

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Where is the leadership on the field? Answer: there isn't any. Dack or another senior pro should have grabbed the ball and taken the pen

Where is the leadership off the field? Answer: None, because no decent manager would keep telling his team to play that way

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Genuinely calm here so more of a discussion than a pop, do you not think it's possible to be in a flattering position? We have won a few games where we didn't deserve which is part of football, I get that. But your not at all concerned by his tactics and selections. Yes football is knee jerk and wrongly so at times but I'm baffled by JDT and his approach and his apparent reluctance to address short comings and the game develops.

So what do you propose ?

Utter rubbish.

Got what we deserved - feck all.

Penalty should never have been given as never a free kick that led to it.  Why the feck let Hirst take it - miss might finish him as a Rovers' player if ever he was going to be a player.

Selection appalling.  How can you leave Wharton S out and how the hell is Buckley better than Wharton A.  A feckin joke Buckley given a new 5 year contract - think the lad's a joke player.  Szmodics - we've spunked an awful lot of money up the wall.  Painfully obvious our starting midfield not up to it.

Utterly punchless.  A dire, dire night.

Serious concerns for me now about JDT

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A lot not to like about that but senior pros letting a 20 yr old sub loanee take a last minute penalty is the most cowardly thing on a football pitch I’ve ever seen. Absolute disgrace.

Very England manager'esque

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Why Hirst why? We had Gally and Dack out there

Would genuinely have preferred Ayala to him.

A 31 year old cool head. 

Why give it the new young lad and heap all that pressure on him....at an away ground.

Really stupid. 

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Spineless team apart from Ayala, S Wharton & Hyam  i wouldn't want to go to war with any others in the squad, they'd all surrender at the first sound of gunfire. 

We haven't a single senior centre midfielder in the whole squad that you can rely on for anything

Pickering didn't do much wrong and neither did Brittain.

Ayala was a liability

The rest should be made to walk home

• Like 3