BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

1 hour ago, RTM08 said:

Which is mental. Watch him join TM at Sunderland or something and fire them into the play-offs whilst we flounder in midtable. 5 times the player Szmodics is.

Wouldn't surprise me if that is already in the pipeline and they'll get a minimal fee plus add ons and his wages off the books.

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I had no faith in Hirst scoring the penalty. But everyone saying he was awful is a little harsh. I felt he showed a couple of nice touches towards the end. 

In days gone by when we'd signed a donkey of a centre forward, Alf Thornton would write 'showed some nice touches' in his match report - diplomacy for donkey / w@nker.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, I think alot of you should be ashamed of your comments tonight towards. A lot of unwarranted and unnecessary comments. You are acting like a bunch of kids with your comments. 

Hirst is a penalty taker where Dack and Gallagher aren't

The same Dack who missed the penalty last season. Seems quite a lot of you have forgotten that

wow!!! one of the most embarrassing comments I've ever seen on here. Sacking a head coach after 12 games whilst you are 6th in league. Thankfully Rovers owners, Waggott and Broughton won't be sacking him any time soon. We are higher in the league then I thought we would be at this stage. It's a project and people seem too massive overreacting again after a loss 

The part in bold is the main thing helping the more sensible folk to keep their lids on

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Abandon this messing around at the back and we might look a bit better. My heart was in my mouth all night, including when Hirst stepped up to take the pen.

Not good enough that, but we are still in a decent position in the league. 

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Tbf is the ref's hands not tied if a keeper is sparked out, regardless of whether he gave the penalty away.

I'm guessing that's standard protocol not to have people tapping into an empty net with him out of action. 

We should be good enough to convert the pen though. 

The commentary suggested the ref was concerned that the keeper had concussion in which case he has to blow the whistle immediately.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gaz85 said:

I’ve enjoyed JDTs interviews to date, will be interested to hear his take on tonight’s performance. An absolute shit show from start to finish.

He will say absolutely nothing throughout the interview.

He took off the only player who was going to score....

Happy days. 

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I don't for a second beleive Dack didn't want that. Hirst must have been the designated penalty taker at that point. Weird

Notice how Dack wasn’t anywhere near the box when it was taken as well? Probably walked off knowing it wasn’t going In

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would you really play Hirst???

Yes, I would. I think there is a player in him, and I won't write him off like many people on this board

10 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

How can you feel for Hirst ? He missed a spot kick dont pamper him.

and you don't come out with some of the embarrassing comments I've seen tonight on here cos he missed a penalty. Dack miss one last season

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Jim Iley 

well before my time. I wasn't even born then

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

Tbf is the ref's hands not tied if a keeper is sparked out, regardless of whether he gave the penalty away.

I'm guessing that's standard protocol not to have people tapping into an empty net with him out of action. 

We should be good enough to convert the pen though. 

Fairly certain this is what has to happen if a player’s down and looks like they might have been knocked out/have a head injury. I’m not convinced he was knocked out, as he turns his head to watch Dack put it in, but the ref’s doing exactly the right thing there. We want advantage to be played to our benefit but he has a job to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Who is this un-named "better manager" who wants to join a club that fire a manager who has got 18 points from his first 12 games ?  What nonsense !

I propose we give this manager at least until the end of next season.

Sorry to be clear I don't think he should be sacked because I don't believe in hiring someone in the summer then giving them the bullet in October so want to clear that up. Just don't like what I am seeing at all.

I meant hire a better manager when the job was vacant. I wasn't big on JDT for the start but have to give a fair shake. I did like the idea of Carvahal or Farke. Dyche although unrealistic but I feel they were the more ambitious but equally more expensive options.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyone saying one of the other players should have taken the penalty has clearly never played football at any sort of decent standard… or hasn’t watched any of the ‘All or Nothing’ type documentaries on Netflix/Amazon. 

Rovers, like almost every other team in the country, are given a 1-5 for penalty takers when the match day squad is announced. Each player will be able to tell you who takes penalties and in which order. The coaches decide in advance to help remove any emotion from penalty taking, so it’s clear as day who takes the penalty no matter who is on the pitch. Hirst is clearly high up that list, likely second behind Brereton. If someone takes the ball off Hirst they’d be fined and dropped whether they scored the penalty or missed. 

Still a bloody awful pen?

• Like 1

Kaminski - can’t kick but is constantly encouraged to

Brittain - not convinced

Pickering - best player again

Hyam - not his best performance

Ayala - some great tackles to cover after his own horrendous mistakes

Travis - rubbish, rash and brainless

Buckley - dreadful

Szmodics - pointless

Brereton - looked disinterested

Dolan - one good cross, frustrating, at least he moves, should play wide

Hedges - not at it today

Dack - the one player to get on the end of chances

Gallagher - Gallagher

Hirst - finished here now I’d have thought

Morton - poor man’s Wharton

The one time a ref blows for a foul in a timely manner it costs us. We got what we deserved in the end though.

The honeymoon period will be over for 99% of fans come November 13th. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I had no faith in Hirst scoring the penalty. But everyone saying he was awful is a little harsh. I felt he showed a couple of nice touches towards the end. 

He can’t even run, looks like he’s shat himself. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

We tried that, they all turned us down due to a lack of ambition. 

You need money to get out of this league, not a side full of academy players and cheap journeymen.  

we spent more but what you need to give our head coach time and patience which many of this board don't want to allow this happen. We have a plan and we need to get behind this plan, that's all of us. 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyone saying one of the other players should have taken the penalty has clearly never played football at any sort of decent standard… or hasn’t watched any of the ‘All or Nothing’ type documentaries on Netflix/Amazon. 

Rovers, like almost every other team in the country, are given a 1-5 for penalty takers when the match day squad is announced. Each player will be able to tell you who takes penalties and in which order. The coaches decide in advance to help remove any emotion from penalty taking, so it’s clear as day who takes the penalty no matter who is on the pitch. Hirst is clearly high up that list, likely second behind Brereton. If someone takes the ball off Hirst they’d be fined and dropped whether they scored the penalty or missed. 

exactly Josh, that how it works at any football club. The head coach decides before the game. That is how modern day football works

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, I would. I think there is a player in him, and I won't write him off like many people on this board

and you don't come out with some of the embarrassing comments I've seen tonight on here cos he missed a penalty. Dack miss one last season

well before my time. I wasn't even born then

ed

ed

ed 

ed!!!!!!