BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The commentary suggested the ref was concerned that the keeper had concussion in which case he has to blow the whistle immediately.

The ref didn't even react to the injury at first, he just blew far too early. 

He missed a clear pen on Gallagher by Kipre and another possible one by Ng, again on Gally. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyone saying one of the other players should have taken the penalty has clearly never played football at any sort of decent standard… or hasn’t watched any of the ‘All or Nothing’ type documentaries on Netflix/Amazon. 

Rovers, like almost every other team in the country, are given a 1-5 for penalty takers when the match day squad is announced. Each player will be able to tell you who takes penalties and in which order. The coaches decide in advance to help remove any emotion from penalty taking, so it’s clear as day who takes the penalty no matter who is on the pitch. Hirst is clearly high up that list, likely second behind Brereton. If someone takes the ball off Hirst they’d be fined and dropped whether they scored the penalty or missed. 

The question has to asked how is he so far up that list.

• Like 4

Just now, mr bishi said:

The question has to asked how is he so far up that list.

I believe he was first choice at Pompy? Not sure on that though. He’s obviously a decent penalty taker to be ahead of others on the pitch. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and you don't come out with some of the embarrassing comments I've seen tonight on here cos he missed a penalty. Dack miss one last season

Sorry if I've offended you or anyone Chaddy I've always respected you. I'm not breaking any rules so please respect that and not accuse me. My comment to yours was valued . Feeling sorry for a professional player wont do him any good.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I believe he was first choice at Pompy? Not sure on that though. He’s obviously a decent penalty taker to be ahead of others on the pitch. 

Proof is in the pudding.
Weak, not accurate and poor height. All well and good if the keeper goes early the wrong way. 

EDIT: not calling him out for missing the penalty, more that he just isn’t a good footballer, he’s hardly the number 9 who is going to guide us to the prem is he? So why have we loaned him. He didn’t score in the league for Rotherham and Pompey were L1 m. We should be picking up players to get us promoted and he is not that  

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hoping Hirst does a Khadra and gets the winner at weekend, god knows he needs something soon now!

The lad looked terrified (the look of those who miss vital pens in games that go to pens) - senior pros or the captain should have stepped in and stopped him taking the pen..  He was clearly distraught after missing, however, he gets paid big bucks and with that comes big responsibilities.  I have no sympathy for him.  As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat then stay out of the feckin kitchen

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

From what I saw it seemed to briefly show Dack speak to Trav before the pen, from what I saw it seemed like a “I don’t want it”. Shame if so, Dacky must be so low on confidence, if the goal stood it would have done him the world of good. 

All that being said Jesus we didn’t deserve anything from that game, a better side would have put us to the sword comfortably and by 4 or 5. We just invited them on to us all night, Ayala is a class defender but playing out from the back is just not his game at all. The top end of the pitch, what is there to say? Lifeless all night on the few occasions we were up the top end of the pitch. Awful awful performance, fingers crossed we can beat Rotherham on Saturday because it’s Wigan away after that and we NEVER get a result there. 

• Like 1

Subdued performance.

Decisions didn’t go our way, but that can happen and generally evens out over the season.

Hirst needs minutes in the U23s to get back up to speed.

I understand there is a priority list for penalty takers but Dack was ‘robbed’, so it should have been his.

We may need to look at the formation / tactics, too many flat performances against teams who are struggling.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can tell from considerable experience of watching  centre forwards that hirst is not up to this level,neither is the lad vale

There was a ball played by Brittain when he first came in. Great bending ball behind the back line. Hirst made the run in front of the defender across the line. Such poor movement.  It had to be off the back shoulder run. He doesn’t know how to play. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, I think alot of you should be ashamed of your comments tonight towards.

Hirst is a penalty taker.....

Only you and JDT thought Hirst would score that penalty. 

Out of thousands watching. 

Most of us are just saying that that was one of the poorest displays we have seen for a long time, and that we seem to be going backwards.

You and one or two others seem to think we're improving, but you are in the 1% minority. Make that 0.1%.

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 4

Letting a young loan player take that pen in the last minute ahead of more experienced players is mind blowing. Dack, Gallagher, Brittain, Hedges and Pickering all should be stepping up before Hurst. 
The lack of chances we are creating is a huge concern and Ayala is not the right player to be playing this keep ball and playing out from the back, get the basics right and then play football in the midfield and forward areas

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The lad looked terrified (the look of those who miss vital pens in games that go to pens) - senior pros or the captain should have stepped in and stopped him taking the pen..  He was clearly distraught after missing, however, he gets paid big bucks and with that comes with big responsibilities.  I have no sympathy for him.  As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat then stay out of the feckin kitchen

I’m never confident when a player walks backwards away from the ball before taking the kick. Hirst would have been last choice on my list to take it. Maybe he scores them in training against Pears? 

• Like 3

So, whomever compiled the list of possible penalty takers had Hirst ahead of Dack, Gallagher, Pickering, Ayala etc etc if a penalty was awarded if said players were onfield.

Hirst comes on as a late sub and jumps ahead of any others on the list at that time.

Makes less than no fecking sense if true.

• Like 5