BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

Kaminski, Pickering, Brittain, Hyam probably the only ones I’d be generous and give a 6 or 7. 

Travis - too slow, weak, not good on the ball. Suppose he adds a bit of shithousing and a decent tackle. Always going to start as captain but no chance he’s good enough for the top half of this league

Buckley - it’s all been said already. Should be behind Morton and Wharton and even Dack as a midfielder. U23s or bench if needed for a few weeks

Hedges - needs about 5 touches to start moving. Started this season well so will give the benefit of the doubt but remember he was a free from Aberdeen in late 20s. 

BBD - poor for his high standard, has plenty of lee-way though given we know his quality. 

Dolan - probably the best of the front 3 with the stupid shot aside

Szmodics - did absolutely nothing despite playing in the position you can influence most. League 1

January window - Hyam and Brittain decent, Morton good as a loan, Hirst and Szmodics not our level. 

I’d be interested to know what those saying ‘we’re 6th stop overreacting’ would say about JDT if we were sat in 16th as xG suggests (we actually won that match on xG because of the penalty). We’re only heading one way and that’s to the bottom half

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am gutted we missed that Penalty. Wish Sky hadn't shown that Keeper penalty stat before the penalty. Feel for Hirst tonight. 

The overall performance wasn't good enough. BBD, Dolan and Hedges all off form tonight. Buckley was awful. I still feel we aren't using Callum Brittain enough in the attacking third. 

Anyway, we moved on and let's go and beat Rotherham on Saturday now. I would stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation, but I would drop Ayala, Dolan and Buckley for Scott Wharton, Hirst and Morton. 

You'd start Hirst??!! Lord give me strength 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So what do you propose ?

Hire a better manager. Check my record on here, I don't think I have called for a manager's head on here bar Steve Kean. So it's not my answer to everything or the easy out. That's on JDT tonight 100%.

What do you propose?

• Backroom

It’s easy to blame the ref, granted had he done his job we escape with a point but we did have a chance to correct it, sad thing is there’s not a player on the pitch we’d be confident of burying that. I’d have the most faith in someone like Brittain which says a lot for a right back with no goals to his name for us.

On the balance of play we were lucky to keep it to 1-0

Dack did pop up with a ‘goal’ but I’m not convinced he’s not finished, the chance before was perfect for the Dack of old 

Blimey, I think alot of you should be ashamed of your comments tonight towards. A lot of unwarranted and unnecessary comments. You are acting like a bunch of kids with your comments. 

Hirst is a penalty taker where Dack and Gallagher aren't

7 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

That Hirst fella can f*ck right off back to wherever he came.

Dack should have been all over that penalty or Travis.

gutless wonders the lot of them

The same Dack who missed the penalty last season. Seems quite a lot of you have forgotten that

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Sorry I have seen enough, JDT out for me now.

wow!!! one of the most embarrassing comments I've ever seen on here. Sacking a head coach after 12 games whilst you are 6th in league. Thankfully Rovers owners, Waggott and Broughton won't be sacking him any time soon. We are higher in the league then I thought we would be at this stage. It's a project and people seem too massive overreacting again after a loss 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tom said:

It’s easy to blame the ref, granted had he done his job we escape with a point but we did have a chance to correct it, sad thing is there’s not a player on the pitch we’d be confident of burying that. I’d have the most faith in someone like Brittain which says a lot for a right back with no goals to his name for us.

On the balance of play we were lucky to keep it to 1-0

Dack did pop up with a ‘goal’ but I’m not convinced he’s not finished, the chance before was perfect for the Dack of old 

It speaks volumes that the ref dropped such a clanger (and denied us another clear pen) and yet it seems that hardly anyone really wants to lay the blame at his door. 

• Like 4

One more performance like that and the manger/head coach really will need to take it riggt back to basics tactically, because our current players just don't have the ability or intelligence to play clever tactics and strategies. 

But If Tomasson just keeps trying to flog a dead horse and shows no willingness to try a different aproach... Then more fool him sadly 😔. He's going to break lots of hearts at this rate 💔😢

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, I think alot of you should be ashamed of your comments tonight towards. A lot of unwarranted and unnecessary comments. You are acting like a bunch of kids with your comments. 

Hirst is a penalty taker where Dack and Gallagher aren't

The same Dack who missed the penalty last season. Seems quite a lot of you have forgotten that

wow!!! one of the most embarrassing comments I've ever seen on here. Sacking a head coach after 12 games whilst you are 6th in league. Thankfully Rovers owners, Waggott and Broughton won't be sacking him any time soon. We are higher in the league then I thought we would be at this stage. It's a project and people seem too massive overreacting again after a loss 

Jim Iley 

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Hire a better manager. Check my record on here, I don't think I have called for a manager's head on here bar Steve Kean. So it's not my answer to everything or the easy out. That's on JDT tonight 100%.

What do you propose?

Who is this un-named "better manager" who wants to join a club that fire a manager who has got 18 points from his first 12 games ?  What nonsense !

I propose we give this manager at least until the end of next season.

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

What do you propose?

We tried that, they all turned us down due to a lack of ambition. 

You need money to get out of this league, not a side full of academy players and cheap journeymen.  

• Like 3

• Backroom

Tbf is the ref's hands not tied if a keeper is sparked out, regardless of whether he gave the penalty away.

I'm guessing that's standard protocol not to have people tapping into an empty net with him out of action. 

We should be good enough to convert the pen though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alcd said:

This playing around at the back is utterly ridiculous. Keeping doing the same thing and expecting a different result. 

I struggle to understand why the opposition don't score from our screw ups more often, we send out enough invitations.

I mean who in their right mind would include Ayala in playing fancy triangles in our own area, often from our own goalkick/pass, it's simply madness and they are JDT instructions.

The said triangle also includes a keeper who normal distribution is somewhat lacking....

• Like 4

Anyone saying one of the other players should have taken the penalty has clearly never played football at any sort of decent standard… or hasn’t watched any of the ‘All or Nothing’ type documentaries on Netflix/Amazon. 

Rovers, like almost every other team in the country, are given a 1-5 for penalty takers when the match day squad is announced. Each player will be able to tell you who takes penalties and in which order. The coaches decide in advance to help remove any emotion from penalty taking, so it’s clear as day who takes the penalty no matter who is on the pitch. Hirst is clearly high up that list, likely second behind Brereton. If someone takes the ball off Hirst they’d be fined and dropped whether they scored the penalty or missed. 

• Like 4

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

It speaks volumes that the ref dropped such a clanger (and denied us another clear pen) and yet it seems that hardly anyone really wants to lay the blame at his door. 

the ref was`nt taking the penalty was he,what should have been a smash and grab point was denied by a lack of leadership and a centre forward who should be playing for chorley,hirst is the 2022 version of paul mckinnon,vastly out of his league