BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

40 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

What sort of reception did he get?

Silence in the first half (he wasn't introduced as a homecoming hero to the crowd and he barely left the dugout). A few mocking chants of "Mowbray, what's the score?" and "Mowbray, sort it out!" when they were down 2-0.

Slunk off down the tunnel after the final whistle too. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Thought hyam, Hedges and brittain were best players on the park tonight.  Though Morton was his usual industrious self. Diaz also worked his socks off. Gallagher was pretty anonymous.  If we could get another goal scorer in January we could go far this season 

Yep, we're crying out for another good option upfront. Vale did nothing again when he came on - how far way is Leonard from the first team?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, neophox said:

Diaz and Hyam best players tonight for Rovers..

yes it was a good game... and yes...Sunderland was one of the better sides at Ewood this season.

I think you need to give some more credit to Hedges, he was brilliant tonight. Szmodic was very, very good too. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

Have to agree. If you look at it objectively and not in protective mode he has been pretty anonymous. Plenty of time to develop and tonight will have done him no harm but hasn't been in the game at all.

Garrett was much, much better in the second half to be fair to him. He was nowhere near MOTM, but he didn't look too out of place at this level after 90 minutes. 

He hasn't done his cause any harm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Re the pen. Down the other end in front of the away fans it would probably have been given. That’s the luck of the draw. I’ve long since given up complaining about decisions. No VAR and you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Even after multiple slo-mo’s from different angles, I wasn’t entirely sure if he’d made contact with the ball, made contact with the player, or the player made too much of it. Shouldn’t be giving penalties when it’s absolutely not clear in real time what happened.

• Like 3

Excellent performance. 

Hyam solid as Rock and captain performance. Carter and Wharton played well. Clever by JDT to play Brittain and Hedges playing on the opposite side to match Sunderland wide player. 

Garrett was very good and show why I rated him in the summer. Loves a tackle. Morton passing and skill is a pleasure to see. Szmodics work rate will good. Shame he didn't get a goal from BBD pass just ahead of him. 

Brereton Diaz goal and performance was excellent. He is so key to our team and its shows Rovers were right not to sell him in the summer. Gallagher performance was good. Never stop running all game. 

Plenty of 8's and few 9's tonight. Hyam my man of the match. 

Top of the league now. So proud of Rovers tonight. 

JDT's Blue and White Army!!!🔵

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Only 1 moan for me, why I have to hear Vincent Kompany's name chanted from the BBE about 18 times, plus infinite other anti Burnley chants, I do not know. Can we stop with the Burnley fascination, its stinks of inferiority, we're top of the pissing league!

I've been finding this odd for a while. So many songs about Burnley. Top of the league and some have nothing else to chant about.

• Like 4

I think JDT is being very smart in the way he is rotating the team during this very busy spell. Admittedly we are benefiting from a decent run without too many injuries. Some sensible use of the U21 squad for match sharpness and resting fatigued players like Pickering. Should help prevent injuries and it seems to be working so far! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Even after multiple slo-mo’s from different angles, I wasn’t entirely sure if he’d made contact with the ball, made contact with the player, or the player made too much of it. Shouldn’t be giving penalties when it’s absolutely not clear in real time what happened.

Because the ball changed direction 99% of refs wouldn't have given a pen.

If the second goal is offside then surely that is also a pen as the Sunderland player pushes Wharton offside

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I've been finding this odd for a while. So many songs about Burnley. Top of the league and some have nothing else to chant about.

We are Rovers, we are Rovers, super Rovers, from the North anyone?

Not heard it sung for years & was always one of my favourites. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

We are Rovers, we are Rovers, super Rovers, from the North anyone?

Not heard it sung for years & was always one of my favourites. 

Miles away from home, 1 nil up in the last few mins and 300 on a freezing terrace singing it, nothing better !

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Excellent performance. 

Hyam solid as Rock and captain performance. Carter and Wharton played well. Clever by JDT to play Brittain and Hedges playing on the opposite side to match Sunderland wide player. 

Garrett was very good and show why I rated him in the summer. Loves a tackle. Morton passing and skill is a pleasure to see. Szmodics work rate will good. Shame he didn't get a goal from BBD pass just ahead of him. 

Brereton Diaz goal and performance was excellent. He is so key to our team and its shows Rovers were right not to sell him in the summer. Gallagher performance was good. Never stop running all game. 

Plenty of 8's and few 9's tonight. Hyam my man of the match. 

Top of the league now. So proud of Rovers tonight. 

JDT's Blue and White Army!!!🔵

3 points ✔️ 

Great performance ✔️ 

Chaddy praising himself for rating a player ✔️ 

Love it!! You bluessssssss

• Like 8

Great win with a fantastic goal (again), and it was nearly bettered by Hedges. 

All round team performance tonight, but we were all hailing Hyam as a brilliant bit of business at half time,and a nice break for Ayala. 

Top of the league and I'm still waiting for us to really click. Someone's going to get panned when we do. 

30 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Tony's triple substitution really helped us tonight.

His subs seemed pretty desperate and harked back to his throw enough shit and some will stick approach he favoured with us in lockdown.

I didn’t know a lot about most of their squad, but they had some tidy looking players, not least Roberts. Some nice one and two touch stuff in the first half, and some really effective dribbling in the second. Not to worry though, Mowbray will coach all that individuality out of them by the time the World Cup break is over. They will all be learning to play like Cory Evans.

• Like 2