BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Because Dack playing as a striker, or just behind BBD / Gally when chasing a game, is a better option than Vale or Hirst 

For what it’s worth I like Dolan so I’m going to exclude him from that, although Dack is far better than him too. Think Dolan flatters to deceive but his work rate is exceptional, and that’s why I like him when chasing games or seeing them out 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hirst has not got long left now to prove you correct in having faith in him. You consider Dack to have had ample time this season, Hirst is probably about 100 minutes away from running out of time if this example is anything to go by...

You are obsessing over a style of play, what is that style of play that we play that you imply that Dack wouldn't fit in with? And why does it matter that Dack isn't a striker, if we needed a goal he would likely come on in addition to the striker(s)?

You go to the games and you know what formation we been playing recently where we won 3 games in row. So why keep repeating asking about Dack time after time obsessing over it

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Nonsense! Dack very much is a striker. Granted he’s not a ‘target man’ but then again neither was Kenny Dalglish. You’ll be telling us all that he wasn’t a striker next.

Dack is a number 10 who plays just of the front/main striker

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

That was a fair few years ago to be fair, show me someone who's perfect and i'll show you a hens tooth.

He's seemed a fairly settled character since he sorted out his love life and settled down up north. Even if not it was the sensible older so called bastion of integrity who chose to spew forth as much as he could.

IMO, with the Mowbray thing and his girlfriend posting to a million people a day that the manager is running a circus, he’s made it impossible for JDT to back down. Falling out with a new boss for whatever reason almost always goes badly.

Win or lose tomorrow, He won’t kick another ball for us again.

11 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Because Dack playing as a striker, or just behind BBD / Gally when chasing a game, is a better option than Vale or Hirst 

For what it’s worth I like Dolan so I’m going to exclude him from that, although Dack is far better than him too. Think Dolan flatters to deceive but his work rate is exceptional, and that’s why I like him when chasing games or seeing them out 

Dolan and Dack. Two different players that do two different jobs.

You don't use a hammer when you need to use a screwdriver. 

It's a massive test this one, especially with Hedges and Brittain being out.

Hull are capable of banging a few goals in as they've shown in recent games.

Despite the above I'm going for a nervy 1-0 away win and soiled undies all round. Sam Gallagher the scorer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I reckon we'll go:

1667028049441.png

He might put Szmodics in for Super Adam Wharton but I prefer AW, so putting him in ahead.

Hedges is such a big loss for us in an attacking sense, I can't see that Tomasson will be happy to play Carter there all game.

For me I reckon Szmodics will get right wing back and Wharton gets the third midfield slot. We shall see!

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I reckon we'll go:

1667028049441.png

He might put Szmodics in for Super Adam Wharton but I prefer AW, so putting him in ahead.

Seems the best 11 IMO.

Wharton has to be ahead of Szmodics. Sammy seems a better impact off the bench, Along with Dolan. 

Get an early goal here and I think we will win. Key thing is to get at them early. Repeat of Boro first half and we can beat anyone in the league.

• Like 1

It is interesting that we are third in the league, have just won three on the bounce, and yet pre match talk is as much about Dack as it is the fixture itself.

I think we all cling to the image of the pre-injury Dack. His fleeting performances in the first team haven't been great. All reminds me of Jansen post head injury - we all want them to get back to the pre injury heights. Possibly, as with Jansen, injury has taken too much of a toll to regularly contribute.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hedges is such a big loss for us in an attacking sense, I can't see that Tomasson will be happy to play Carter there all game.

For me I reckon Szmodics will get right wing back and Wharton gets the third midfield slot. We shall see!

Definitely agree on Hedges. Big miss, he's been great this season.

Not sure on Szmodics, works really hard but at RWB he will have to defend. I suppose with neither Hedges or Brittain being available the trade off is either more defensive in Carter or more attacking in Szmodics. 

JDT does often make some baffling decisions on starting places, so it wouldn't surprise me to Dolan or someone in there!

Dacky has chosen the celebrity lifestyle, and all the social media garbage that goes with it. Hopefully, if his partner is off Twitter etc with Ant and Dec for a while, Bradley will get some breathing space. I love him as a player, but some of the recent antics are in danger of a lot of fans losing patience with him. Toys and prams do nobody any good, apart from babies and children.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

It is interesting that we are third in the league, have just won three on the bounce, and yet pre match talk is as much about Dack as it is the fixture itself.

I think we all cling to the image of the pre-injury Dack. His fleeting performances in the first team haven't been great. All reminds me of Jansen post head injury - we all want them to get back to the pre injury heights. Possibly, as with Jansen, injury has taken too much of a toll to regularly contribute.

It's the same when we lose - the match thread is always much bigger than when we win. 

For some reason this message board thrives on doom and gloom.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You go to the games and you know what formation we been playing recently where we won 3 games in row. So why keep repeating asking about Dack time after time obsessing over it

Dack is a number 10 who plays just of the front/main striker

There's a Bradley Dack - stick or twist thread. How about you try and keep the Dack chat in there Chaddy. I've been as guilty as anyone at responding to you, but you're swamping up half this message board with Dack chat on about 3 or 4 different threads.

Where your opinion goes against the grain people keep biting. So yes it takes two to tango, but if you specifically made an effort to contain it to that thread it would do the messageboard a lot of good.

• Like 4

We owe this lot big time. After the Boxing Day farce (engineered by them in my view) when thousands of us were hugely inconvenienced and the subsequent rearranged match I really want to put one over on them by hammering them. On the night of the rearranged game they had a new owner parading around the pitch which undoubtedly gave them a huge boost and a referee who got three key, match changing decisions wrong.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

We owe this lot big time. After the Boxing Day farce (engineered by them in my view) when thousands of us were hugely inconvenienced and the subsequent rearranged match I really want to put one over on them by hammering them. On the night of the rearranged game they had a new owner parading around the pitch which undoubtedly gave them a huge boost and a referee who got three key, match changing decisions wrong.

Also we weren't good enough, let's hope today we are.

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Also we weren't good enough, let's hope today we are.

It doesn't matter whether we were good enough or not. We were done by three big decisions when we should have had a penalty, they go down to ten and the clearest foul on Kaminski which resulted in a goal. If they are given correctly then the game takes on a different complexion.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It doesn't matter whether we were good enough or not. We were done by three big decisions when we should have had a penalty, they go down to ten and the clearest foul on Kaminski which resulted in a goal. If they are given correctly then the game takes on a different complexion.

Give the first decission, the other two would not happen. The biggest factor was that we were not good enough on the day/night. 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Give the first decission, the other two would not happen. The biggest factor was that we were not good enough on the day/night. 

The sending off would have been a consequence of giving the penalty.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's the same when we lose - the match thread is always much bigger than when we win. 

For some reason this message board thrives on doom and gloom.

When things are going right they take care of themselves. When things are going wrong they need putting right - hence more discussions when we lose.