BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is nothing sustainable about letting over £10m of assets go for free within 12 months. And that is not a reflection on any individual below the owners.

And its not realistic to continue shopping in Poundland and expect a gourmet meal. We end up with the likes of Edun yet hope for promotion! Not going to happen.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 47er said:

And its not realistic to continue shopping in Poundland and expect a gourmet meal. We end up with the likes of Edun yet hope for promotion! Not going to happen.

Poundland sells sell things like;

• Chocolate Bars & Multipacks.
  • Dried Fruit & Nuts.
  • Cakes & Biscuits.
  • Tea, Coffee & Hot Drinks.
  • Gravy, Oils & Sauces.
  • Jam, Spreads & Pickles.
  • Packet Rice, Pasta & Noodles. Tinned Soup. Tinned Fish & Meat. Tinned Tomatoes & Veg. Tinned Fruit & Desserts.
  • Home Baking.

But not meals as such. A meal normally involves a starter, main course and dessert. Perhaps eating in Wetherspoons and expecting a gourment meal would be more apt?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, ChrisyG said:

• Dried Fruit & Nuts.
  • Cakes & Biscuits.
  • Gravy, Oils & Sauces.
  • Packet Rice, Pasta & Noodles. Tinned Soup. Tinned Fish & Meat. Tinned Tomatoes & Veg. Tinned Fruit & Desserts.
  • Home Baking.

But not meals as such. A meal normally involves a starter, main course and dessert. Perhaps eating in Wetherspoons and expecting a gourment meal would be more apt?

If you were that way out, you could easily make a meal from tinned fish and meat, tinned veg and rice or pasta to be fair.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, ChrisyG said:

• Dried Fruit & Nuts.
  • Cakes & Biscuits.
  • Gravy, Oils & Sauces.
  • Home Baking.

Whatever!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisyG said:

• Dried Fruit & Nuts.
  • Cakes & Biscuits.
  • Gravy, Oils & Sauces.
  • Home Baking.

But if you put some of that stuff together and you know what you are doing you can make it work like a fine dining experience. 

Some would just throw their arms in the air and moan they can't afford to dine out so just keep adding cheap ingredients and wonder why it's still crap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Now that is sad as I asked nicely and it might help you understand my point of view. 

My response was nicely and polite to you 

Only the other post of yours I quoted shows you know exactly what impact and influence the owner and past have on today. In fact it's part of your defence of Lampard. Not sure it's possible to recognise it for one club but not the other. 

We can't change the past and your post was focusing on that instead of the present and future which is what matters right now. 

Yes owners and Waggott have decided to bring in a new footballing management structure in Director of Football with head coach structure this summer which is the right structure for the club but also a plan to make us Sustainable Premier League club in the future. We gone for Director of football who endorsed the plan and how the club will go forward in the short term but also in medium and long term which is also important which the owners have been part of that decision maker and are willing to back the club. Then we gone for foreign coach who has had success in Sweden and in the Champions league by qualifying for the group stages plus his playing career where he had lots of success. We brought in head of recruitment who has plenty of experience in Football identification for the Welsh FA. 

So well done for sucking me in. At least that answered my prior question of whether it was deliberate or not. Helpful to know for the future.

I didn't suck you into anything or deliberate do anything to you. 

Stumped if I know how that's entertainment or enjoyable for you..

I always enjoy talking about Blackburn Rovers and football in general on here. 

10 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Thank you for this. A brilliant listen. I've a lot of hope that GB is going to be a pivotal appointment for us. He speaks superbly and I like his ideas and philosophy. 

Even if Venkys don't change and are difficult to work under, he seems as he will provide consistent planning and strategy on the football side which will only benefit the club.

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Whatever has gone before, in Greg Broughton we have a strong leader with a clear strategy based on the owners vision of being a sustainable Premier League club.

His in depth articulation of the role and objectives he has gives me confidence in the process. Reading between the lines also helps us to second guess what they might do, too…eg based on his analogy of the midfield scenario, we won’t be signing an experienced midfielder UNLESS they’ve lost long term confidence in Travis and Buckley because to do so would block pathways of Garrett and Wharton.

Really interesting and encouraging insight. Whether you like it or not, there is a plan. 

I haven't listened to it yet but from people have said on here that is very good insight from Gregg Broughton and Rovers moving forward. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is nothing sustainable about letting over £10m of assets go for free within 12 months. And that is not a reflection on any individual below the owners.

BBD offers were far too low and not right for us to sell. The Fulham offer came far too late in and not good anyway. I still selling him now would have an impact on our promotion push and it willing its worth the risk in selling him and bringing in replacement but then you are relying on that player hitting the ground running straight away which is a risk also. no win situation at times

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Tomasson stresses importance of Blackburn Rovers' transfer window | Lancashire Telegraph

We haven't got much money but the Hirst wages are available for signings. Seems attack is the priority. We aren't in for Cantwell or Kilkenny. 

He wants signings in as soon as possible but is realistic. 

Can't argue with any of that and at least he's being upfront.

Good work by JDT playing down expectations in the transfer market and what type of signings to expect. 

3 hours ago, 47er said:

We also signed Dack, Hyam, BBD, Gally, Hedges, Dolan, Kmainski, Ayala, Brittain etc

It seems strange to use Edun as an example when he rarely gets in the team/match day squad and is clearly not in the managers plans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We also signed Dack, Hyam, BBD, Gally, Hedges, Dolan, Kmainski, Ayala, Brittain etc

It seems strange to use Edun as an example when he rarely gets in the team/match day squad and is clearly not in the managers plans.

Fits the agenda..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

I’ve lost complete memory of who Grimes was??

I thought exactly the same, genuinely forgot who he was. 
It‘s horrible to say it as the relegation was a club low, but as the case with many clubs, the League 1 relegation almost helped us rejuvenate the club, along with the most important thing TM did for us, sign Dack for about half a million.

Just actually had a look at transfers around that time and stumbled across Lowe going to Birmingham….he was only 25 when we he left! Felt like he was at the end of his career, he’s only 31 now at Salford 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

Some excellent comments in the Times yesterday by West Ham co-owner David Sullivan about how he hates the transfer window, the pressure from fans to sign players, any players, and how it gets worse as the window is about to close and how they often sign players they don't really want, or they know aren't good enough, just to appease supporters and "get someone (anyone) through door"

Exactly the same as Rovers and, probably, most other clubs

Football needs a better transfer system

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Some excellent comments in the Times yesterday by West Ham co-owner David Sullivan about how he hates the transfer window, the pressure from fans to sign players, any players, and how it gets worse as the window is about to close and how they often sign players they don't really want, or they know aren't good enough, just to appease supporters and "get someone (anyone) through door"

What was so wrong with the old system ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Couldn't agree with David or yourself more. We do need to get rid of this system. It just doesn't work for anyone. Teams have to stockpile players incase they get injuries, rather than dealing with issues as they come up as well.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What was so wrong with the old system ?

The one where you could do transfers at any time?

If that system applied now with some Championship clubs cash rich with parachutes etc it would give them too much power to raid less rich but competing clubs at any time and just bid for players to manipulate. 

I would prefer one window that runs from season end to next season start and that's it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The one where you could do transfers at any time?

If that system applied now with some Championship clubs cash rich with parachutes etc it would give them too much power to raid less rich but competing clubs at any time and just bid for players to manipulate. 

I would prefer one window that runs from season end to next season start and that's it.

You mean like Bournemouth did last season ?

• Like 1