BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

45 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Those assist and crosses stats are completely misleading I'm afraid.

A massive chunk of them are set pieces.

Yes he whips a mean corner/free kick in, but please don't go expecting a Wilcox or a Ripley!

I remember in the play off final he had a decent game in terms of taking defenders on but there was no end product.

I'm not completely against him coming in and will give him a chance but much like a goalkeeper he doesn't seem a priority position and not sure how much more he offers than Markanday. 

If they’re misleading, then they are extremely consistent. 2 seasons in a row he’s at the top of the assist charts (laughable compared to some of our lot).

Also didn’t Sharpe pull a crosses stat out, that he’s put almost as many crosses in as our entire team and the most in the league? That suggests it’s clearly more than set-pieces.

You may watch Huddersfield regularly and know better mind you, but I think you’re doing a disservice there  

It’s a good signing to me.

When we beat them at Ewood earlier this season, I made the point (on here) that their LW really caught my eye - I’m sure it was Thomas.

You’d like to think that he’s being brought in to supply whoever the new striker will be (Undav?).

And if we can add a solid CM before the end of the window, that’ll represent a good window.

Don’t really understand the ‘moan at whatever happens’ attitude; let’s just see how it plays out.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, superniko said:

If they’re misleading, then they are extremely consistent. 2 seasons in a row he’s at the top of the assist charts (laughable compared to some of our lot).

Also didn’t Sharpe pull a crosses stat out, that he’s put almost as many crosses in as our entire team and the most in the league? That suggests it’s clearly more than set-pieces.

You may watch Huddersfield regularly and know better mind you, but I think you’re doing a disservice there  

I'm putting perspective on it.

People will see those stats and think he's a get to the byeline and whip one in constantly kind of player, he's not from what I've seen. He'd be crossing no nobody anyway half the time if he was.... 

I'm not saying they're necessarily BAD stats, he's clearly excellent on corners and free kicks, if of course you have decent players on the end of them.....

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I'm putting perspective on it.

People will see those stats and think he's a get to the byeline and whip one in constantly kind of player, he's not from what I've seen. He'd be crossing no nobody anyway half the time if he was.... 

I'm not saying they're necessarily BAD stats, he's clearly excellent on corners and free kicks, if of course you have decent players on the end of them.....

Yeah that’s fair, and I agree with what you said earlier that it’s not a priority position. 
You summed it up there…who will be getting on the other end of them? 🤷‍♂️

So BBD potentially out on a pre contract agreement and three goal in seventy wide man Thomas potentially in to replace him on loan. Not even a permanent deal either.

"Desperate" doesn't even begin to describe it. 

Edit: More yellow cards than assists this season - 23 games, 0 goals, 7 yellow cards, 6 assists.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So BBD potentially out on a pre contract agreement and three goal in seventy wide man Thomas potentially in to replace him on loan. Not even a permanent deal either.

"Desperate" doesn't even begin to describe it. 

Who said he is BBD replacement?Chaddy?

He isn't a goalscorer that doesn't mean he is a bad player.

It's a good signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Burnley have just spent 8 million on a striker with 8 goals in the Belgium top division. Its not going to be easy to find this striker with our budget

going all out ar`nt they,mind you,that illiterate plank barnes will now be surplus to requirements and he can **** off to the non league where he belongs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who said he is BBD replacement?Chaddy?

He isn't a goalscorer that doesn't mean he is a bad player.

It's a good signing.

We'll see. Smacks of scraping the bottom of the barrel for a player in a position we don't particularly need just for the sake of getting a body in to me.

Can't imagine the player will be over the moon to be here either.

I'd rather give Markanday a proper chance and I'd imagine Dolan's stats this season are considerably better than that as well.

P.S. Everyone will be delighted to hear Google Chrome working fine. Samsung Internet seemingly still not.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All I hope is If he’s left footed - play him on the bloody left getting around teams. Not on the right running inside into trouble.

You know the thinking in playing wingers on the wrong wing Tyrone. Full backs always want to send their winger wide and if wingers played on their “right foot” it would make it so much easier for the full back to do that. Plus obviously, cutting in onto their stronger foot gives them a much better chance of scoring.

Im sure you did know, but it’s hard to deny the logic.

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We'll see. Smacks of scraping the bottom of the barrel for a player in a position we don't particularly need just for the sake of getting a body in to me.

Can't imagine the player will be over the moon to be here either.

I'd rather give Markanday a proper chance and I'd imagine Dolan's stats this season are considerably better than that as well.

P.S. Everyone will be delighted to hear Google Chrome working fine. Samsung Internet seemingly still not.

I would have liked to see Markanday getting more of an opportunity agreed but for some reason JDT decided to give Hirst and Vale plenty of time but Markanday only minutes v Rotherham.He would be better going out on loan playing every week and hopefully showing enough to be considered next season 

I disagree it's scraping the barrel last season himself and O'Brien were two of their main men and he played a big role getting them to the play off final. 

Also like others have mentioned his set piece delivery is a step up to what we have at the club and with the likes of Ayala, Wharton, Hyam , Gallagher we should be scoring more from set pieces.Surely we will all be happy not to see Morton standing over the ball at corners and free kicks

We only have a week to find out what other signings we will make and if a competent number 9 is brought in then his signing will make even more sense.Delivery and crossing ain't a strength of Dolan or Markanday

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, den said:

You know the thinking in playing wingers on the wrong wing Tyrone. Full backs always want to send their winger wide and if wingers played on their “right foot” it would make it so much easier for the full back to do that. Plus obviously, cutting in onto their stronger foot gives them a much better chance of scoring.

Im sure you did know, but it’s hard to deny the logic.

When you’ve got Mahrez I can see the point. We haven’t.