BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Ahhhh okay… Szmodics knows him well, maybe he can persuade him? Dembele would be thee signing well worth all theis current stress haha

We need a striker that han hold the ball up. We're sitting so deep now because of the way we defend that it's critical to strengthen that department.

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Once again, for those at the back…

I, like many others here, are not ‘ITK’, there’s about 4 people at the club that always know what is going on, that’s it. I am simply posting rumours / tips that people with any sort of credibility are passing on. Which is mostly well received — and entirely what internet forums are for. 

For every “Brereton is signing for Villarreal, Dani Ayala is having a medical, Sorba Thomas has signed” there will absolutely be one’s that are wrong, either through bad info or changes of plans. You can seemingly put Iling Junior in the same bracket, there looks to be nothing happening there either.

It can’t be any clearer and I find the enjoyment people get out of people not always being right is very odd. Give credit to @unsall , he was told there was a French player coming for a medical and clearly that was right. Numerous other WhatsApp / Twitter groups had already said there was an interest in Ike Ugbo, two and two was put together and we got 5. It really is as simple as that.

Let’s not forget numerous actual ITKs have stopped posting here - giving really good info - because they can’t be arsed with the attitude of “you were wrong, you know nothing!” if they get one wrong. 

F8F16E72-5A0E-4759-89B9-DC9C9D77843D.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the information @J*B

You only have to look at the Pedro Porro deal to Tottenham to see how many times a deal is either on or off, it changes like the wind

Undav and Kone were all agreed and then either the player or their clubs have said no. I’m sure the club are just as frustrated as we are, I just hope we have at least one new striker before the deadline!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some very insane and over the top reaction again from the same people blaming Rovers for them when again the club we agreed a deal with has withdrawn from it when he was set to come here on loan. Its the second time it happened now but Rovers or GB aren't to blame here again but the club we are negotiating with. Lorient are selling another forward so he stays. 

I am still think we will make minimal of 2 signings before the deadline

Maybe, but we are moving down the list so the quality will probably be poorer. 

Less than 36 hours to go to the deadline and here we are again, scrambling around at the bottom of the barrel hoping to get "someone (anyone) in"

Same as the last transfer window, and the one before that, and the one ....

Tomasson getting a lesson in how this club operates 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

None of you know what is going on - how can anyone speculate. The reaction is always "deal falls through" = "our club is shit / GB out etc". It's pathetic, there should be an AA moaners anonymous board setup on here for everyone wanting to vent their unreasoned frustration - you need to have evidence you threw your handbag at Jason Wilcox from the riverside to get in.

If we don't sign anyone, agreed I'll eat my hat - but we don't have a clue what is going on behind the scenes. Give me one piece of solid evidence, I mean solid, that JDT is unhappy with the current setup? It's all reading between the lines. He's not daft - would he have really come here knowing what he knows about the Venky's? Surely he did his research. 

Isn't that part of a message board function - to speculate, to discuss, to criticise, to praise and many other things. There is no evidence that Tomasson is either happy or unhappy. It's opinion and subject to speculation and discussion. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

• Like 3

There are a lot of people online staunchly defending Broughton on the basis that it is down to Lorient and it is out of his control.

I am sorry but that is bollocks. The individual deal may not be down to him but he will have overseen the decision to focus on that deal regardless of how close it gets to the end of the window. If you put all of your eggs in one basket, you have to get that deal over the line.

Like I said prior, my blame certainly doesn't solely lie with Broughton should we end up with no new striker as expected, I can't look past the fact that this sort of shit always happens under Venkys. But he certainly takes a huge share of it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The Szmodics deal looking even worse now millions on a player we didn't need and isn't good enough.

Weird thing is, his position is exactly where the younger players should be - in and around the squad for when Dack is unavailable. Nice bloke, but bizarre signing, especially when you consider how long we've been crying out for a good CF/CM.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Then there’s the flip side…

Starting in mid-December:

”Broughton will have all his targets lined up”

”We’ve interviewed three players already”

”We have a healthy budget”

”Balaji’s special warchest”

A week into January:

”You need to be patient”

”Judge the window on the 31st”

”I wouldn’t want any player another club has signed anyway”

”We want to make the right signings, not just signings for the sake of it”

Mid January:

”Porteus is crap anyway”

”You complainers are all going to look really stupid come the 31st”

”It’s not the clubs fault they can’t compete with parachute payments”

”We don’t need player X anyway, doesn’t fit the project.”

”You have to question his ambition, deciding to move for a better wage.”

A week later:

”If we signed player Y we’d be the next Bury”

”We can’t do anything about losing our players for free or missing out on targets”

”You are all idiots who don’t understand it’s basically impossible to make signings in January”

”You are all unrealistic and expect us to sign Mbappe”

”Plenty of time to go. We only really need one more player anyway, not the 5 I initially stated at the start of the window.”

”We dodged a bullet with player Z. Bad attitude. Markanday is better anyway.”

30th January

”If you all bought more tickets instead of moaning on here maybe we could afford players”

”How can we be expected to compete with the likes of Sunderland and Luton?”

”If I was him, I wouldn’t want to move from the French Riviera to Shadsworth.”

”Broughton shouldn’t be judged until his 3rd full window”

”Screwed over by other clubs”

“We have done all we can”

Deadline day:

”We aren’t short on numbers. Loaning Edun out opens a pathway cos he’s shit”

”I said back in 2019 that Tommy Nooneseverheardof would be a brilliant loan signing. I watch a lot of Eerstedivisie sides U21s. Just the type of player we need.”

”We are absolutely correct to keep faith with the players who have got us into 5th.”

”Positive window for me. B+.”

Brilliant post. The mental gymnastics some posters indulge in to absolve the recruitment department of any responsibility is truly something to behold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The Szmodics deal looking even worse now millions on a player we didn't need and isn't good enough.

Am guessing his main position is Attacking Mid, just behind the striker? A place which he has now lost, and would always lose, to a fit again Bradley Dack.

As you say poor deal really. 

Seems like he was brought in to fit into a style of play, which we don't seem to play 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Personally I’m sick of loans, know it’s the modern way but still not the same feeling getting a loan deal in than a permanent transfer.

if we end up with a prem league youngster it’s all a bit meh 

I can’t see any other way tbh. As far as I can see we have today to agree a deal with a foreign club and get a player on a flight ready for negotiations and a medical tomorrow morning before the manager has to set off to Birmingham. That’s pretty much unrealistic already IMO. 

I notice Nicko has described us as “dreamers” when asked if we can expect any signings today…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Am guessing his main position is Attacking Mid, just behind the striker? A place which he has now lost, and would always lose, to a fit again Bradley Dack.

As you say poor deal really. 

Seems like he was brought in to fit into a style of play, which we don't seem to play 🤷🏻‍♂️

He might have been signed to show that we have learned our lessons and can't lose the £7m we lost on BBD.

Good strategy make sure if he goes for nothing, we lose less than £3m every time.

53 minutes ago, J*B said:

Once again, for those at the back…

I, like many others here, are not ‘ITK’, there’s about 4 people at the club that always know what is going on, that’s it. I am simply posting rumours / tips that people with any sort of credibility are passing on. Which is mostly well received — and entirely what internet forums are for. 

For every “Brereton is signing for Villarreal, Dani Ayala is having a medical, Sorba Thomas has signed” there will absolutely be one’s that are wrong, either through bad info or changes of plans. You can seemingly put Iling Junior in the same bracket, there looks to be nothing happening there either.

It can’t be any clearer and I find the enjoyment people get out of people not always being right is very odd. Give credit to @unsall , he was told there was a French player coming for a medical and clearly that was right. Numerous other WhatsApp / Twitter groups had already said there was an interest in Ike Ugbo, two and two was put together and we got 5. It really is as simple as that.

Let’s not forget numerous actual ITKs have stopped posting here - giving really good info - because they can’t be arsed with the attitude of “you were wrong, you know nothing!” if they get one wrong. 

F8F16E72-5A0E-4759-89B9-DC9C9D77843D.jpeg

The quote in your post looks quite friendly to me, not the same as saying "you know nothing." Just a bit of friendly leg pulling which surely is par for the course with dodgy info, just as when "ITK's" are right they are the first to quote themselves to point it out. I don't think its healthy to have them as a protected species!

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

What a painful window. Through a mix of leaving it way too late, and some bad luck, here we are.

I honestly feel like the club would struggle to sign me at this rate, something would cock it up!

How much are you?

• Like 3