BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

5 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

The players looked surprised at the end when they meekly came over to the away end and the applause was drowned out by boos and some choice words from the supporters. That, combined with them being serenaded with a 'you're fucking shit' from the home fans as they went off will hopefully trigger some sort of self reflection. 

If it was me or you it would. However they’ll be too busy sorting out their up coming holiday. This trip to Marbella should be cancelled, what other walk of life rewards failure ?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Lets try and keep some prespective. Yesterday was very disappointing and lessons MUST be learned, but its been a very good start to the 2022/23 campaign. Nearly halfway through the season, we've given ourselves a real shot at a playoff spot, maybe even more.

The old weasal words "lessons must be learnt" beloved of politicians and other useless people who've messed up

The point is, Tomasson doesn't learn any lessons. He's instructed Rovers to play from the back, and it's causing us multiple problems and led to many defeats. Even the old pros commentating on TV don't understand it.

Our position in the league is false and hides the fact we're an average side with one very good striker. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

IWhat other walk of life rewards failure ?

Lots unfortunately. Prime ministers, politicians, chief executives, football managers.... they all walk off into the sunset with huge payoffs, and then turn up shortly after in another job

• Like 1

JDT is new to the championship and perhaps the east lancs Derby.  Those in his backroom aren't....they sit there season in, season out...Lowe, Benson..no passion, just yes men knowing they are nicking a living....does JDT not have any big Danish Viking mates to bring in and replace these wet arses....sick of seeing Lowe and his shyte pre game drills....boring and lacklustre....no passion, no fight, no oomph.. JDT wants to get big Dunc in as his right hand man.

31 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I'm afraid that this might have been my fault folks.

I bought my 3 month old granddaughter a pair of Rovers dungarees and took them down to her last week in London. She had them on whilst we beat West Ham on Wednesday, so I made arrangements for her to have them on by 12.30 on Sunday.

She duly did but around half time she threw up all over them, as 3 month olds often do, and had to have a change.

Sorry.

No wonder she threw up watching that rubbish display. 

I’ve seen our first half described as “good”, “ok”, “positive”, “working perfectly”.

It was none of these things. We barely set foot in their half and didn’t have a single shot. Even if San Marino played Brazil they’d have more of a go than we did. It was blindingly obvious that they would score eventually if we carried on like that.

This game is always going to be viewed in isolation, at least by our supporters who really get it, so the whole “we are third” is irrelevant. It’s also the same thing we heard all the way through the back end of last season, but look how that went…

”We are still in the top 2”

”We can go back on top”

”We are one win away from the top 2”

”We are 8 points clear of 7th”

”We are still in the playoffs”

”We can still make the playoffs”

”We finished higher than we did last year”

Another one I’m hearing is that it’s ok, because some of the losses will eventually start becoming draws… Maybe so, but so will some of the wins and our fall will be rapid if and when they do.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

This is the worst I've ever felt as a Rovers supporter. I'm just really annoyed that it was inflicted upon me by JDT. I cannot believe how lacklustre we were. I thought JDT understood what this meant to supporters.

I was never expecting a victory, nor even a draw, but the manner and embarrassment of the defeat is what really hurts. Tactically, we sat off them for the entire game. We didn't press once. It's not the first time that JDT heralds intensity, and yet we see none. It was clear that JDT set us up to sit deep to try to nullify their pace down the flanks. I thought we did OK in the first half, but I expected us to be more adventurous in the second-half. It never materialised, and our infamous lack of being able to earn anything after a goal behind saw our heads drop. We know the rest.

For a derby, the absolute minimum you expect is for the players to show fight and audacity. It doesn't matter about quality. Blood and thunder is what is needed in a game like this, and I still cannot grasp that we just weren't up for it. I'm sat here really struggling to forgive JDT for this. You cannot philosophise your way through a derby game, particularly when the quality of your squad is inferior to that of the opposition.

It's going to take a long time for my anger to settle down. It hurts - a lot.

In spite of all that, I cannot deny that JDT has, overall, exceeded my expectations so far this season. On the one hand, I'm not totally convinced that we will maintain our league position with the way we've performed, overall. On the other hand, this league isn't necessarily about performances, but about grinding out wins. It may be cliche, but I've seen the Championship enough to know that playing teams at good times and bad times has a huge bearing on things, more so than Premier League.

I'm still in support of JDT. He's still done enough for me to believe that we will improve. In context, the club went through a summer of staff restructuring, which I can accept hindered our transfer window, and although that had zero bearing on the manner of our defeat yesterday, he's still earned the right for time to truly mold the squad with another couple of windows. I'm not one for being too critical of how the games have gone if we are sat high in the table, but yesterday was an absolute bombshell. It will take some time to get over it, if ever.

Excellent summary.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Some decent questions here but Tomasson swerves them like a politician would.

It's quite galling seeing him grin away as he describes how he feels. Also noticed how he often gets asked a question and just always goes off on a tangent unrelated to the question. Interviews don't bother me too much but disappointing to see.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

It's quite galling seeing him grin away as he describes how he feels. Also noticed how he often gets asked a question and just always goes off on a tangent unrelated to the question. Interviews don't bother me too much but disappointing to see.

Mowbray with a smile.  I don’t see the point of these interviews. It’s very rare that the person involved is open and honest. The lack of bravery shouldn’t have come as a surprise, it didn’t surprise me.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

I actually find it hard to be mad at the players, which normally isn't the case after a shit-show of a performance. They are clearly told to not hoof it under pressure. Pickering hoofed it last Saturday against Huddersfield and it led to the only goal of the game. He probably got dropped because of it !!!!!

The fact is I was more annoyed at the players for the performance at Wigan, a team clearly inferior man for man against who we also hardly created a decent attack against. Burnley was always going to be a bit of an uphill slog and trying to out football them wasn't going to work. Never was.

I'm only furious at the set up and the stubborn persistence to play out from the back, which creates very little and costs us goals. I like JDT and I like the league position we are in, but the anger this morning is totally caused by him.

@rog of the roverssays not to over-react and lessons must be learned. But we have all been saying about playing out from the back since the start of the season. It cost us at Luton, it cost us at Wigan. Back in August there are posts saying 'imagine if we go to Burnley and concede goals playing like this'. And yet here we are, having played exactly that way and done exactly that. So what we are seeing is not an over-reaction to a bad performance yesterday. It's a reaction to a manager who DOES NOT LEARN and persists in doing the same thing with the same players with no evidence it is of any benefit in games where we are getting outplayed.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Lots unfortunately. Prime ministers, politicians, chief executives, football managers.... they all walk off into the sunset with huge payoffs, and then turn up shortly after in another job

Bankers are probably the biggest rewards for the biggest faliures

The performance yesterday would have come as a shock to those fans who don’t normally attend away games but for travelling fans it was typical of what we have had to endure in many games this season. It was one reason why after the Coventry debacle I didn’t go to West Ham in midweek and why I probably won’t be going on a planned trip to the Norwich match in December. I just can’t stand watching that rubbish any more

• Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The performance yesterday would have come as a shock to those fans who don’t normally attend away games but for travelling fans it was typical of what we have had to endure in many games this season. It was one reason why after the Coventry debacle I didn’t go to West Ham in midweek and why I probably won’t be going on a planned trip to the Norwich match in December. I just can’t stand watching that rubbish any more

Yep. Actually, there has been more than a trace of that stuff in some home performances-second period, sitting back etc. It's just that the positive result is a happy distraction...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

Some fans sorry Chaddy but you included always say Dack is not suited to the team…HOW? We dont even bloody press we just sit off…weirdly more suited to Dack especially when we get the ball the one time each half!!!

When jdt arrived he talked about the high press and even mocked the pointless possession at the back as the Dutch disease. So most people, including myself, thought high press that’s dack finished. In the mother of all ironies we play the most pedestrian pointless possession football going and hope that when eventually go direct the forwards can work some individual magic to unlock defences. Surely this crap we’re playing now is more suited to Dack. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 8