BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

Burnley showed the blueprint how to dominate us to everyone else live on sky. Press us and we are piss poor. Our home record is built on teams coming to Ewood and sitting back and letting us play it around and probe. Far more teams will close us down and rob us in our own half at Ewood now. 

• Like 9

Sadly, I’m used to my teams underachieving…

Rovers… well, we see what happens after a nice long rest, & the players can’t wait to avenge shellacking at the turd morgue;

Dallas Cowboys… rolling now, but haven’t hit Paydirt since 1995, and will do their usual, belly up in December;

Texas Longhorns… Alamo Bowl upcoming, missing best running back, & best linebacker. 

So depressing, when all your teams are absolute rubbish. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Burnley showed the blueprint how to dominate us to everyone else live on sky. Press us and we are piss poor. Our home record is built on teams coming to Ewood and sitting back and letting us play it around and probe. Far more teams will close us down and rob us in our own half at Ewood now. 

This is true. I said at the time this is far far worse than a humiliating thrashing at the hands of our arch rivals they’ve shown the entire division how to thrash us. 

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Let's be honest, we're a really poor team to watch. The football is so sterile, and lacks imagination. We are incapable of building from the back, and it's embarrassing watching us even try.  What's worse is that it inevitably leads to us giving away goals. This all comes from the manager. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So are you saying his time is up , half way in to his first season and in a play off position ? I was responding to a poster who said it was.

I like JDT, but I’m not liking his stubbornness to keep on with the pissing around at the back and his tactics in general. I’m prepared to give him time, but he’s not showing any signs of learning froM his mistakes. You have to set your team up to suit your players, but he doesn’t. We don’t have the players to play how he wants and even with good transfer windows it’ll take years and years to achieve if ever. 

The lack of fight and desire is also a massive worry. We have soft weak players, but we are spineless. Teams have us figured out. We are getting bullied.  Are the players giving everting for him? Is the training not working? This league needs fighters as well as skill. 

Id love him to turn it around,  but I’m not sure he will. The league position has flattered us all season and the good luck we had has now run out. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Nail on the head. We’ve been figured out, as has our manager who doesn’t have a plan B. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I like JDT, but I’m not liking his stubbornness to keep on with the pissing around at the back and his tactics in general. I’m prepared to give him time, but he’s not showing any signs of learning froM his mistakes. You have to set your team up to suit your players, but he doesn’t. We don’t have the players to play how he wants and even with good transfer windows it’ll take years and years to achieve if ever. 

The lack of fight and desire is also a massive worry. We have soft weak players, but we are spineless. Teams have us figured out. We are getting bullied.  Are the players giving everting for him? Is the training not working? This league needs fighters as well as skill. 

Id love him to turn it around,  but I’m not sure he will. The league position has flattered us all season and the good luck we had has now run out. 

I think it’s gone beyond stubbornness and into arrogance at this point. I think it’ll get a lot worse before it gets any better too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just the usual waffle from JDT. Admits it was terrible at least.

Looked about as fuming as he ever has been, but still managed the odd grin.

Although he did say we haven’t seen that performance before. I beg to differ. The very last game you plank. 

• Like 4

The problem is when we lose, we don't just lose, we get slaughtered. Every, single. time. 

It's all well and good having a way of playing but if that isn't working you have to be able to revert to a style that wins games. The fact that he dismisses the last two games as just another game after absolute hammerings screams that he doesn't know (or care) how important those games are, so needs to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think it’s gone beyond stubbornness and into arrogance at this point. I think it’ll get a lot worse before it gets any better too.

TBH building from the back is good, it’s how most international teams play now. JDT’s problem is that he doesn’t have the players to play that game. He can try week after week to get them to do it but doesn’t know what to do when it’s not working. He came into this with no experience of championship football and it shows. I don’t believe he’ll turn this around.

• Like 2

Shouldn't there come a point where Broughton needs to intervene and say this shit doesn't work with these players? Where does the buck stop - JDT or him?

Did anyone see what was happening in the Jack Walker - looked to be kicking off when we left after the fourth goal.

Just now, den said:

TBH building from the back is good, it’s how most international teams play now. JDT’s problem is that he doesn’t have the players to play that game. He can try week after week to get them to do it but doesn’t know what to do when it’s not working. He came into this with no experience of championship football and it shows. I don’t believe he’ll turn this around.

the only way he`ll turn it around playing the current way is if venkys bestow him with 50/60 million quid and he can buy better players,highly unlikely though is`nt it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieUK said:

Shouldn't there come a point where Broughton needs to intervene and say this shit doesn't work with these players? Where does the buck stop - JDT or him?

Did anyone see what was happening in the Jack Walker - looked to be kicking off when we left after the fourth goal.

Buck stops with Broughton, he's the DoF. He chose JDT. 

4 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

With JDT. If he doesn't already know that playing out from back.........hang on I'll re-word that, pissing about at the back doesn't work he does now but he wont admit it. Instead he's covering himself by saying passing needs to be quicker with less sideways (??). the sideways bit is pissing about.

I've said it before and got accused on here of posting embarrassing comments, we are not Barcelona playing in Champions League. It works there but not with quality we have.

It was easy for PNE today. They've seen our previous games so by crowding our defense we had no where to go. Hence, 1 4.

One good point today was Dack. 

• Like 1

As a Preston fan who occasionally goes to watch Rovers as well, I expected a resounding Rovers win.  I’ve never seen pne as dominant in midfield, that’s where the game was won and lost. It’s no use having great strikers like Dack and Brereton if they don’t get the service. Last season Van Hecke dominated north end’s forwards as Rovers won 4-1 at Deepdale but today the central defence looked weak. Ayala definitely could have made a difference against Evans. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Travis was Loweesque in his performance today, in fact that is disrespectful to Lowe. He was shockingly had and the vast majority of his team mates weren't much better. The tone was set for me when Brittain bottled out of a tackle and hurt himself. The self inflicted errors were plentiful as Preston totally dominated

Travis is so limited as a player.  No pace, can't tackle, no goals....his passing is shit if its further than 10 yards.

Men v Boys in that midfield today. Tough lads in there, no fucking about.

• Like 5