BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Unrelated. Just punishment for how crap he has been today. Right call from the ref, crime to football.

I do wonder what Garrett and A. Wharton do in training, because when I've seen them play for the First XI they're light years better than Morton. 

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Again, not signing a striker in January was criminal 

No to mention the O’Brien debacle. It would have kept Morton on the bench.

Days like today really make me doubt that we’ve got it in us to get play-offs. We simply have to find a way to start picking up points on the road AND work out how to get back in matches when behind.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

O’brein would have been a game changer. Unfortunately we’re left with toothless Morton. 

A Wharton to start against Norwich.

Our midfield has let us down all season. Not good enough and the O'Brien saga just rubs salt in the wound. 

• Like 1

Right now, I would give us a very slim shot at making playoffs. We couldn’t even defeat a #18 side.

I would return Morton to the reds immediately. I don’t think he’s any benefit to us in a playoff chase. I would continue to play  Brereton at every opportunity until we’re out of it, he can still be helpful.

• Like 2

Just now, Hasta said:

We got exactly what we deserved. We were second best both halves.

Nah, that was very much a smash and grab from Birmingham - but we didn't have the quality to do anything about it. 

Gallagher and Morton especially were completely anonymous. Travis was neutered after his (extremely soft) yellow card. The subs didn't add anything to the game - perhaps they were brought on too late to get up to speed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Said it before....should had bought Khadra....we could had a draw.... on to next game and to beat Norwich at home...

I had the Norwich game on my other phone. They were absolute crap, so, yes I'm worried.

Seeing Feckingbottom was vomit inducing.

4 minutes ago, Miker said:

Absolutely frustrating to lose this. Morton and Gallagher need to be dropped for the next game.

I mean everyone saw it coming - a chance to put 7 points between us and the chasing pack against a very average Birmingham side?

Home banker. 

• Like 5

• Backroom

Game was over as soon as they scored. We still lack that strength to fight back when needed. When you look at our GD compared to the teams around us we'll have done amazingly well to get 6th if we do scrape it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nah, that was very much a smash and grab from Birmingham - but we didn't have the quality to do anything about it. 

Gallagher and Morton especially were completely anonymous. Travis was neutered after his (extremely soft) yellow card. The subs didn't add anything to the game - perhaps they were brought on too late to get up to speed.

I thought we were second best first half clearly. They had far better chances. In the second half I can only recall the Hedges shot until the last 10 minutes. We then had two chances late on, the Dack effort, and the Travis / Dack effort, and put some pressure on later, but generally I thought they clearly deserved it. They just won most battles in midfield. Every little scramble or melee they seemed to come away with.

Edited by Hasta

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yeah, I think we played okay generally apart from some lapses in concentration at the back. What is the main issue is  the lack of a quality centre forward. We could control the ball but just very little to play it up to. Really looking forward to having a proper goal scorer up front, whenever that may be.

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Said it before....should had bought Khadra....we could had a draw.... on to next game and to beat Norwich at home...

That would have been akin to buying Gallagher and we're still regretting that. He's nowhere near good enough - just happened to hit a hard shot into a crowded box. 

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah, I think we played okay generally apart from some lapses in concentration at the back. What is the main issue is  the lack of a quality centre forward. We could control the ball but just very little to play it up to. Really looking forward to having a proper goal scorer up front, whenever that may be.

Agree on the CF, and thus the Dack issue raises its head again. We put numerous low crosses in that either went to the keeper or got cut out . Gallagher is nowhere near them. Dack comes on and makes 1 good run and has a shot in the box, then ends up with another chance reacting to a rebound. Other than Dack, there is a serious lack of striking instinct in this squad. 

• Like 4