BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

54 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've spent the afternoon fuming about the inevitable sale of Wharton and expected the site to be in meltdown. The sale gets hardly a mention, has the deal fallen through already and he's staying? Or are posters just beaten at this point?

VENKYS OUT

What the feck can we do Gav?...feels like we are a downbeaten fanbase.

Clubs fooked.

• Like 1

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've been giving it plenty of clog all day to the point where posters have been asking how to block me.

Nothing to do with Wharton, dude 😝

fee agreed with palace😰,lets face it fellow roverites,he was always going to go sooner or later,personally i think it`s bad club for him to join,palace are on the downslide,likely to sell eze,guehi and olise in the summer and more than likely adam will end up back in the championship in the none to distant future

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

fee agreed with palace😰,lets face it fellow roverites,he was always going to go sooner or later,personally i think it`s bad club for him to join,palace are on the downslide,likely to sell eze,guehi and olise in the summer and more than likely adam will end up back in the championship in the none to distant future

Still not officially confirmed, shame that as far as we know a bigger Club hasn't steamed in at the last minute to gazump them.

As much for the player as us. It's a shocking move career wise imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Potentially though, he shines anyway because he's class, and being proven in the Prem now, is sold on even if they get relegated, for something in the region of double what Palace paid. If we have a decent sell-on clause that's probably about the best we can hope for.

Shall we do a poll.. 

Do we 

A) re invest all the Wharton money  

B) narrowly miss out on McGuire due to nasty MLS slightly obtuse rulings 

C) pay an extravagant loan fee for 6 months for a player who will lose interest after 3 

D) all of the above, whilst Facebook pages tell us about a summer warchest that slips into the ether come 1st July 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Its painful folks but this is what we have been reduced to by these gobshytes running our Club...our best young talent flogged off to Crystal fooking Palace.

You know where all Roads lead back too...

All roads lead to the 1st Division ...

A disgraceful turn of events ..

• Like 3

I can unequivocally state, nobody has been pushed through any doors.

Life is short. He will signing a 4 year deal worth at least 5 million, and that sort of opportunity might seem easy to turn down for many here, but I’d argue IRL, 95% would fully understand - this is life changing for him and his family.

There are plenty of good points about his potential, thus his value could skyrocket. It’s still worth remembering he could snap his ACL at any point.

Good luck Adam. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Life is short. He will signing a 4 year deal worth at least 5 million, and that sort of opportunity might seem easy to turn down for many here, but I’d argue IRL, 95% would fully understand - this is life changing for him and his family.

There are plenty of good points about his potential, thus his value could skyrocket. It’s still worth remembering he could snap his ACL at any point.

Good luck Adam. 

Absolute rubbish. He'd have had an even more life changing move to a bigger Club if he'd hung fire slightly until summer.

See the Venkys HMRC thread. It would appear he's been sold to keep the lights on until summer. 

Simple as that.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Good luck Adam. 

His family have two professional footballers, not just one. I reckon they're fine.

• Like 1

Still hoping someone like Chelsea is going to jump in and gazump Palace with a better offer, though it's looking increasingly unlikely. That said, I guess it would only slow things down and reduce our ability to reinvest a (tiny, probably) bit of the funds with so little time left in the window. They'd likely only bid a bit more anyway, to kick Palace out of the bidding, as they know what we'll accept. Guess the main advantage if it did happen (looks like it won't) would be that Chelsea would likely loan him back to us.

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Good luck Adam. 

Wharton may or may not be happy to take the Palace millions but the lad I'm sure would prefer to remain a Rovers player and from everything that's been said on other threads it's clear that the club have grabbed the money on offer because we're short of working capital over the next 6 months or so. If that's not being pushed out of the door I don't know what is. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

His family have two professional footballers, not just one. I reckon they're fine.

Way it’s presented to modern youth, whole point of football (unfortunately) is to setup yourself for life. It’s an opportunity to do that. 

i can imagine the carnage if id`e have lived in london at 19 with limitless amounts of money coming my way😆

i hope adam keeps to the football side and not the girls,booze and betting one,still think it`s a bad move for him though,another season and he could have had his pick of the big clubs,crystal palace ffs,a club on the downslide imo

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope adam keeps to the football side and not the girls,booze and betting one

I'm the complete opposite. I hope he ends up an influencer, drunk, on drugs, and broke. Then we can laugh at how much money we've made! 😉

Just kidding. I hope he smashes it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I believe they were fine before they had two professional footballers too.

He's been being pushed out of the door for a lot longer than this last week. Lad wasn't happy about it, wanted to stay here. But back then there wasn't the huge sums that there currently are. Sad really, heart wants to stay here but head can see it's too much of an opportunity to pass up. Especially with the state Rovers are in right now. I wish him all the best.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Still hoping someone like Chelsea is going to jump in and gazump Palace with a better offer, though it's looking increasingly unlikely. That said, I guess it would only slow things down and reduce our ability to reinvest a (tiny, probably) bit of the funds with so little time left in the window. They'd likely only bid a bit more anyway, to kick Palace out of the bidding, as they know what we'll accept. Guess the main advantage if it did happen (looks like it won't) would be that Chelsea would likely loan him back to us.

I wouldn't worry about that.

We know none of the money will be reinvested. It'll disappear down the same black hole as every other transfer fee we've received.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute rubbish. He'd have had an even more life changing move to a bigger Club if he'd hung fire slightly until summer.

See the Venkys HMRC thread. It would appear he's been sold to keep the lights on until summer. 

Simple as that.

Disagree.

He is a professional sportsman who could suffer a serious injury at any time.

At Palace the millions are locked in even if he breaks his neck in his first training ground tackle. If he is as good as we think he is, he gets transferred to the bigger club anyway and his agent gets a second even bigger transfer cut.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can imagine the carnage if id`e have lived in london at 19 with limitless amounts of money coming my way😆

i hope adam keeps to the football side and not the girls,booze and betting one,still think it`s a bad move for him though,another season and he could have had his pick of the big clubs,crystal palace ffs,a club on the downslide imo

Just look at his haircut. Seems the type who's happier to play his xbox in the evening rather than a night out on the town.