BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

He's already being tipped by some as the future of the England team.

Apparently we had enough money to see us to May according to our repulsive CEO. So why the fuck would you sell our best player for 18 million when he was worth at least double that?

At least with Palace he's working with Roy Hodgson who was the man that brought through a  young lad called Damien Duff if you can remember. Did he also bring Dunn into the fold as well? 

Venkys out now whilst we've still got a club to follow.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The feedback from palace fans is all positive with a lot of other teams admiring him - in around 18 months we will have a serious sell on fee coming our way.

It won't matter because we'll be in the Premier League by then and we'll be the ones buying him back. 🫠

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Apparently we had enough money to see us to May according to our repulsive CEO. So why the fuck would you sell our best player for 18 million when he was worth at least double that?

At least with Palace he's working with Roy Hodgson who was the man that brought through a  young lad called Damien Duff if you can remember. Did he also bring Dunn into the fold as well? 

we could have got an extra 5/6 million if we`de kept him till the summer,im`e pretty sure crystal palace is`nt where he envisiged playing either

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

He originally said Feb so they must have some from somewhere dropping in the acc so unless it's another short term borrowing secured against god knows what it'll be the 1st Wharton instalment.

I think it's obvious why Waggot doesn't say much it's because if he did he'd trip himself up forgetting what he'd said previously.

• Like 1

I thought Adam showed up well and was pleased to see him doing so much good work off the ball in terms of closing down and tracking back. He played a couple a clever passes in the second half but the low possession count for Palace meant he couldn't get on the ball too much. He will only get better.

Hopefully he will be at Birmingham tonight if Hodgson has given the Palace players a couple of days off 😉.

• Like 2

It doesn't surprise me Venkys have never acted in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers..

I suspect and hope I am right , Venkys could well be entering their end game , therefore they just want the money ...

Strange thing is , they would have got more in the Summer and Adam would have gone to a better club !

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Did he also bring Dunn into the fold as well? 

I don't know but he bought some dross at inflated prices and got us relegated.. Sacked before that happened of course but we were really let down by him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

He originally said Feb so they must have some from somewhere dropping in the acc so unless it's another short term borrowing secured against god knows what it'll be the 1st Wharton instalment.

I think it's obvious why Waggot doesn't say much it's because if he did he'd trip himself up forgetting what he'd said previously.

Short term borrowing secured against the future stage payments for Adam?

31 minutes ago, den said:

Just pisses me off that Venkys couldn’t wait to sell him. 

If you were going to sell a club you'd want to stop or drastically reduce your financial input and cash in on any assets to cover the costs instead and also so the next owner couldn't benefit from them.

So they've got TK, Ash Philips and Wharton off the books now plus the training ground.

You'd also bring in a more pragmatic manager who knows what the new scenario is and is prepared for it.  Interesting but sadly i think they are just winging it year to year like they always have done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

If you were going to sell a club you'd want to stop or drastically reduce your financial input and cash in on any assets to cover the costs instead and also so the next owner couldn't benefit from them.

So they've got TK, Ash Philips and Wharton off the books now plus the training ground.

You'd also bring in a more pragmatic manager who knows what the new scenario is and is prepared for it.  Interesting but sadly i think they are just winging it year to year like they always have done.

Selling up your best assets doesn't make you appealing to buyers, so I disagree.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Selling up your best assets doesn't make you appealing to buyers, so I disagree.

It reduces the price therefore making it easier to sell and why would they throw yet another 20 million at something to keep it going whilst it was up for sale when they'd  never get it back ?

There is no logic in that whatsoever if you are selling to cut your loses there is only one scenario to follow.

Player value is just hypothetical unless there is written agreements on price with other clubs, so Rovers today might be worth 25 million and it'll still be that this time next year.

Lets face it they stole this club anyway when they bought it the sales of Jones, Kalinic and Samba basically covered the buying price and debt, on paper.   The Walker Trust didn't ask for 60 million instead due to potential assets on the books or money already put in.

Yet had it not sold they would have began selling players to fund running costs as they'd already stopped their own funding.

Edited by tomphil