BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Time to stick a quid bet on West Brom winning the play offs.

No idea how they got back up there but thats how it goes.

Because it only takes a couple of wins to jump from 10th to 6th. No one can string a good series of results together. There is so little quality in this league below 1st and 2nd. The fact that we’re in 6th despite not winning since mid March says it all.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ageoftherover said:

90th minute. Concede a goal to their goalkeeper with a handball.

You couldn't make this shit up could you?

I do spend much of my life thinking surely only Rovers could manage this, tonight we have added to our repertoire!

• Backroom
Just now, BigBar said:

Not the right attitude I'm aware but wouldn't it be nice to just get there and see what happens. Big buzz around the club, two games at least, progression. We are losing and drawing our way into them currently but upon reflection we have dropped a criminal amount of point the last 6 games.

I'm just consoling myself for when it gets to the end of the season and we finish 8th again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

On balance though, Travis was on a yellow and he kung fu kicked their player, so that also could have been a red.

Not even a foul he pulled out, that was one of the few things the ref got right originally at least until their players moaned the linesman who was a good 30 yards away got himself involved.

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Who would you start if Gallagher is out for a few weeks? Dolan proved versus Hull and tonight that he shouldn't play central striker.

I would start Leonard….totally inexperienced but he offers guts, a decent touch, a striker’s awareness…Brererton offers nothing…a waste of a shirt . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Most other results went for us...  God knows how we are still in the top 6... something tells me we have a lucky manager (just check all the in game stats) the question is would you prefer a lucky manager or a brilliant one...

He's just drawn a game because their goalkeeper handled the ball in our box.

How is he possibly a lucky manager?

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

Bottlejobs. They haven’t got the minerals. Don’t bother going or watch my. They will let you down. 

Lost it in the debacle that was the January transfer window, we all knew it but we all thought there was a chance.

Our inability to score goals was always going to bite us on the arse eventually.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not even a foul he pulled out, that was one of the few things the ref got right originally at least until their players moaned the linesman who was a good 30 yards away got himself involved.

Behave yourself, when was your last eye test?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

I know the playoffs are essentially cup games and anything can happen, but if we stumbled into them on our current form you can't help but think Boro with their 82 goals would absolutely smash us over two legs if we got them in the semis. Yes they've conceded 52, but we have no decent strikers so that probably wouldn't help much. 

Absolutely correct. That's why I don’t get too bothered about not getting into the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was the same on Saturday against Hull. Their full back is running the ball back into the corner with nowhere to go. What does Brererton do - push the full back in the back and concede a free kick. He can’t have a brain in his head.

Their FB came up with a massive smile on his face. He knew he'd cheated and conned the useless ref.

17 minutes ago, Clitherover said:

It was the most winnable game with a bloody tough run up to the end of the season. It was absolutely a must win game.

Preston is a winable game, Luton may have already got into the play-offs, Millwall could be out of it by the time we play them. We still have a fair chance of picking up points.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Preston is a winable game, Luton may have already got into the play-offs, Millwall could be out of it by the time we play them. We still have a fair chance of picking up points.

This is true, most people including myself thought we'd get beat by more than one goal tonight.

Instead it took a cheating goalkeeper and inept officials to rob us of two points.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

It shows how much people on this messageboard jump at any chance to criticise our own team. Their keeper basically caught the ball in the box to equalise. Yet we're talking about us being bottlers. 

I repeat the keeper pretty much caught the ball and bundled it in. And the referee actually had a perfect line of sight. 

Put simply that has the potential to cost us like £200 million. Because their goalie came up and handled it in our box. 

We were looking nervous and scared for the last 20 minutes and let them take the game to us rather than try and finish them off. That's where we bottled it - not that one incident in at the end

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Was the referee even fit to judge this game. Horrible referees in this league.

The problem is it's no better in the top flight even with video assistance. The standard of officiating is the biggest crisis in the English game and it is only getting worse.

17 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Most other results went for us...  God knows how we are still in the top 6... something tells me we have a lucky manager (just check all the in game stats) the question is would you prefer a lucky manager or a brilliant one...

It's meaningless unfortunately 

17 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Gutting, it was definitely handball. It's not too damaging given other results, it's just as you were really. 

How we've got on such a long winless run yet are still in the top 6 is baffling. Surely we're due a win soon. 

It's dire form. Keep doing the same thing we will keep getting the same results

16 minutes ago, DE. said:

I know the playoffs are essentially cup games and anything can happen, but if we stumbled into them on our current form you can't help but think Boro with their 82 goals would absolutely smash us over two legs if we got them in the semis. Yes they've conceded 52, but we have no decent strikers so that probably wouldn't help much. 

Exactly my thoughts. If we even make playoffs we won't do anything against these teams who can actually play and score 

15 minutes ago, wilba23 said:

Travis was lucky not to be sent off for a second yellow so kind of evened out. What's Brereton doing when the cross comes in at the end?! Such a painful end to teh game after being in control for so long

Were we in control? This is just how team's play us now. It's embarrassing. At home at ewood. It's not control. Control would be winning not just faffing around with " possession" then giving them chance after chance to cross.