BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

Sdly it isn't even a question of luck, or hard work (correlated in Thomas Jefferson's quote, "The harder I work, the luckier I get") as we are clearly working very hard. The problem we face, as pointed out by Sky, LET, The Guardian, my Dingle neighbours and many six fingered colleagues at work, is we have no-one to put the ball in the net.

Monday has to see the return of the MDack, and someone with the striker's label up front..

We aren't getting into anything other than next season's Championship unless we can somehow suddenly start scoring goals.

More of this please...

COYB time to wakey wakey. Give us SOMETHING to shout about, and a little signing off pressie, PLEASE!

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler
Rovers in my blood. 50 years a fan, and STILL going!

Need to shake it up a bit, we could have played until the same time next week against Burnley and not scored. Dack has to start for me and it goes without saying Adam Wharton needs to retain his place.

Not really expecting a positive result whatever we do. The ship has long since sailed unfortunately.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Sdly it isn't even a question of luck, or hard work (correlated in Thomas Jefferson's quote, "The harder I work, the luckier I get") as we are clearly working very hard. The problem we face, as pointed out by Sky, LET, The Guardian, my Dingle neighbours and many six fingered colleagues at work, is we have no-one to put the ball in the net.

Monday has to see the return of the MDack, and someone with the striker's label up front..

We aren't getting into anything other than next season's Championship unless we can somehow suddenly start scoring goals.

More of this please...

COYB time to wakey wakey. Give us SOMETHING to shout about, and a little signing off pressie, PLEASE!

I think we should go 442 and stick Brereton and Dack up front. We’ve had the SAS, so let’s try BAD! 😂

I'd be rolling a Leonard shaped dice, at least till half time and see how he gets on. He's got to be in better condition than Dack given his regular game time for the 21's. Its a bit of a risk after Vale failed to impress but for every Vale there's a Rooney.

Exactly what did Vale injure by the way? Seems to have been out for ages and nowhere near a return?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The ship has long since sailed unfortunately.

No, the ship's still at the quay side waiting for late arrivals, but the captain's revving the engines & about to tell his crew to cast off.

I want us to be sprinting now to be on that ship, I presume you do too & if so you need to find some optimism & belief for tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is a day for boys to become men.

We also need luck to be with us.

I have confidence that JDT and the team he selects will give it their best endeavours.

I have no confidence at all in whomever officiated this game. The standard of officiating, imho, it as it's lowest ebb on my lifetime. Over just the past week I have seen decisions which simply defy the imagination. I'm not on about our games, I am talking about the PL and throughout the EFL and am simply fed up with showboating pricks with a whistle deciding matches.

Hopefully tomorrow we get an unbiased referee, he will be incompetent but at least if honest that's something.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

No, the ship's still at the quay side waiting for late arrivals, but the captain's revving the engines & about to tell his crew to cast off.

I want us to be sprinting now to be on that ship, I presume you do too & if so you need to find some optimism & belief for tomorrow night.

As long as there are no rubber dinghy's on board.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It's over, we all know it.

Stop the self torturing.

It was over when the dickheads in the office were sleepwalking through the January transfer window.

Heads must roll if we miss out on the play offs by such a small amount of points where a midfielder and striker would have made a massive difference.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'd be rolling a Leonard shaped dice, at least till half time and see how he gets on. He's got to be in better condition than Dack given his regular game time for the 21's. Its a bit of a risk after Vale failed to impress but for every Vale there's a Rooney.

Exactly what did Vale injure by the way? Seems to have been out for ages and nowhere near a return?

Cometh the hour cometh the man!!!!

It's a no feckin brainer.  

We have absolutely nothing to lose, we are drinking in the last chance saloon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

*Narrator*

’No heads rolled in the summer… but the manager walked’.

In Morgan freeman voice.  'Booth never did get his wish, the manager walked out. He had an air about him. The way he walked.  As for the signings they never arrived'.

• Like 3

We could finish 5th or we could finish 13th! With 2 games to go! Amazing.

PS---I haven't tabulated every fixture to see if that reckoning does work out, I just know we play Luton and Milwall and need to win them to be certain of play-offs!

• Backroom
4 hours ago, martonrover said:

Looking at it objectively, as @Shirley Crabtree Wrestler has said, where are the goals coming from? Our best hope is probably another nervy 1 - 0, where we get deeper and deeper in the last few minutes, (but, hopefully, without the sting in the tail).

In 2023 we've played 19 league matches and only scored more than once in three matches, so yes, against a team who concede very few goals a scrappy 1-0 is likely our best hope.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

Looking at it objectively, as @Shirley Crabtree Wrestler has said, where are the goals coming from? Our best hope is probably another nervy 1 - 0, where we get deeper and deeper in the last few minutes, (but, hopefully, without the sting in the tail).

This is the maddening part. We haven't played badly at all in our last few matches and we've certainly matched our opponents in terms of effort. We just can't score that 2nd goal that leaves us breathing space.

In the end that January window has cursed us and it was avoidable.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, booth said:

It was over when the dickheads in the office were sleepwalking through the January transfer window.

Heads must roll if we miss out on the play offs by such a small amount of points where a midfielder and striker would have made a massive difference.

Can you sack your CEO?

1 hour ago, waynerovers said:

Hard to be optimistic about this when we've completely bottled the end of season run in. We don't deserve play offs if we are being honest.

I only use the term 'bottled' when I think players are talented enough, but lack the nerve.

We simply don't have any goal scorers in the team.