BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Your Expectations for this Season?

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Well pre-season games complete.

I would expect us with the squad we currently have to be between 11th and 14th. We will dominate the ball for long spells but simply not score enough. With the current squad, if we lose Wharton and Hyam for any long spell we could have a big problem

Agreed on all points. 

Midtable it is.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Wisdom of the crowds thread has a lot of people predicting around 50 goals, which probably won't see us finish much higher than 17th unless we have a very, very good defensive record. Think this could be a really difficult season if we don't sign a goalscorer. I fear for us somewhat, especially as Tomasson is likely ready to leave the moment he's offered something comparable. 

Don't think it'll quite end in disaster just yet, but shades of 15/16 in this window, and one season later we were sunk. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

I got it completely wrong last season…..

I felt after a managerial appointment shit show and another dysfunctional pre-season, I thought we’d finish below mid-table, but I was wrong and we had a comparatively good season!

So what about this season…..

Well the owners have realised JDT has something about him, so have immediately cut his budget to make things harder to get promoted…..

13th this season, if we are lucky.

Venkys out!

• Like 2

Top 6 for me.

Finished 7th last season and we have to show an improvement on that.

New signings so far look good additions, but it's critical we bring in at least 2 new faces in attack before the end of the window. But I think we will.

• Like 1

I was initially optimistic but now I feel the best we can hope for is around 10th. The Venky's have deliberately gone and undermined JDT after nearly getting to the play offs and possibly getting promoted. They don't want that for whatever reason, but are too stupid and arrogant to sell the club to someone with real ambition.

I was hanging fire to make a prediction until we had brought in a centre forward as I think it's that important and would be the difference maker. Given thats looking very unlikely to happen anytime soon - if at all - here we are.

I had genuine optimism that we'd get play-offs at the start of July after our decent start to the transfer window. A month on however and I have big concerns about the forthcoming campaign. I fear we're a JDT-walking (looking increasingly likely) or a few injuries to key players away from imploding this season. 

Heart says mid-table, head is beginning to think we could be in for a dog fight.  

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Last season's playoff near-miss won't be repeated and I expect we'll be stuck in Mowbray mid-table land for much of the season. We might have have kicked on with some decent signings but really, where are the goals coming from? They were sparse enough last season.

So my expectations for the season are simple - they're low. In that way, I won't be disappointed.

Makes you wonder really, were those early signings a ploy to try and get some extra season tickets sold, there was a brief wave of optimism.....now look at the general feeling....

I'd say around 10-12th currently but that's partly because I feel the league is stronger this season too.

The biggest frustration which I'm sure many of you share is that it literally needs 2 more quality additions up top and we'd be up there.

Edited by Ossydave

20 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We just knew that big shiny Spanner in the works was coming mate!

It really is no surprise any long SG, people forgive and forget with a few wins and a bit of optimism, then Venkys pop the heads above the parapet and its back to square one.

• Lambert was brought in and promised money to rebuild - He was lied to and walked.
  • Warnock was lined up before Coyle, owners went for Coyle.....the cheap option and Warnock took Cardiff up on a shoestring.
  • Mowbray was given funds, but when push came to shove the owners pulled rank, stopped him selling to buy and the rest is history.
  • Last seasons managerial debacle - Plenty of decent names came forward, plenty of names pulled out due to lack of funds and no ambition. JDT has been s**t on twice from a great height in his first year as manager, I'm surprised he's still here to be honest.
  • Allowing players to walk for free when we're skint is unforgivable. 

That is just off the top on my head.......

This doesn't get any better until Venkys sod off.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Gav said:

It really is no surprise any long SG, people forgive and forget with a few wins and a bit of optimism, then Venkys pop the heads above the parapet and its back to square one.

• Lambert was brought in and promised money to rebuild - He was lied to and walked.
  • Warnock was lined up before Coyle, owners went for Coyle.....the cheap option and Warnock took Cardiff up on a shoestring.
  • Mowbray was given funds, but when push came to shove the owners pulled rank, stopped him selling to buy and the rest is history.
  • Last seasons managerial debacle - Plenty of decent names came forward, plenty of names pulled out due to lack of funds and no ambition. JDT has been s**t on twice from a great height in his first year as manager, I'm surprised he's still here to be honest.
  • Allowing players to walk for free when we're skint is unforgivable. 

That is just off the top on my head.......

This doesn't get any better until Venkys sod off.

All very deliberate actions...