BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

7 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Maybe it just reaffirms the belief there is no money to spend this summer. Why have a director of football or a scouting team when all we spend is a bag of haribo and a fizzy pop on players 

Or…..the opposite, they don’t trust him to spend any money available. A large percentage of his signings permanent and loans have been shocking.(I don’t believe considerable funds will be available)

Some of his transfer dealings have been bad but blame must lie also with the recruitment staff who he is in charge of.  Positive steps from him is tying up players on longer contracts which longer term earn us money once the are moved on. Could Rudy Gestede be a suitable replacement?

2 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

Could Rudy Gestede be a suitable replacement?

I've been wondering that for a while given his strange proximity to the club despite not occupying any official position.

Cheap and with no experience, but the added bonus of being an ex player which they will want to exploit with the fanbase. 

I must admit that Broughton has never convinced me due to his lack of experience at first team level.  We've had managers in the past with no money to spend but who brought in players for next to nothing who could actually do a job.  Broughton seemed happier at Academy level.   

If rumours about Rudy are true I'd be more than happy.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Good decision to get rid of GB imo. We've had 3 of the worst transfer windows I can remember during his tenure and I wouldn't trust him to spend any kind of transfer kitty.

Yes, he's not had a lot to work with but the players he has signed for money have been awful. Leo for a million has to be one of the worst pieces of transfer business we've done. 

Talked a good game but he never convinced me. Good to see changes are being made at the top after a dreadful season. Waggot next please. 

Not holding my breath that his replacement will be any better though!

• Like 2

Surely the dof idea dies with the egg rather than replacing him. Never thought it had a chance of working at Rovers. That was even before factor in the buffoons running the show. If persist with it, it’ll be some other no mark from an obscure academy or total crank. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Mixed feelings on this 

In isolation he can’t feel too hard done to, he himself said it was on him in January 2023 only to oversee worse in 2024

The thing is though Swag should clearly be first in line for the chop 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

And Rudy has what first team DofF experience himself?

As an ex-player I think he understands the game from a player's point of view more than GB.  If the DofF is to work with the players then I think that is an important quality.

Another plus with Rudy is that he has links with the Blackburn community already and has been a constant presence at Ewood and Brockhall for a number of months now so is in tune with what is happening.

Of course, it may not be Rudy who gets the job if, indeed, GB goes, but I must admit that I would welcome him.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

42 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I must admit that Broughton has never convinced me due to his lack of experience at first team level.  We've had managers in the past with no money to spend but who brought in players for next to nothing who could actually do a job.  Broughton seemed happier at Academy level.   

If rumours about Rudy are true I'd be more than happy.

Isn't that a massive contradiction? Unhappy with a man with relevant but not exacting experience but happy with a man with zero experience?

• Like 5

Only at a circus like Rovers.

Get shut of a Director of Football who has been in the job for 1 full summer, who has been undermined from the word go by cowboy owners, snakes and who knows what else (rogue secretary's one fanciful suggestion).

A director of football who was in situ when we appointed JDT (best season in over a decade) and when we signed Szmodics (about to cash in Big time on) and when we 'created a pathway' for Adam Wharton to cash in on.

Seemingly considered not up to it due to a lack of experience.

To potentially be replaced by a former player with zero experience of any level other than as a player.

We all know the crux of this. Money. They've derailed any chance of success under one group of people so it's on to the next lot

Cheap, cheerful, inexperienced, local.

That's the Rovers way.

Won't get the club anywhere but at least they can bring Rudy along to the Fans Forum and people will be happy.

A sick joke of a club but only to be expected with the suspect individuals running it.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

Some of his transfer dealings have been bad but blame must lie also with the recruitment staff who he is in charge of.  Positive steps from him is tying up players on longer contracts which longer term earn us money once the are moved on. Could Rudy Gestede be a suitable replacement?

I think its clear GB has had a mixed record here in terms of recruitment but its doesn't how when we change transfer budget half way during a transfer window. 

Gestede isn't a suitable replacement for GB. No experience in scouting, recruitment or transfers 

24 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Surely the dof idea dies with the egg rather than replacing him. Never thought it had a chance of working at Rovers. That was even before factor in the buffoons running the show. If persist with it, it’ll be some other no mark from an obscure academy or total crank. 

Alot of Director of football have academy background and I don't know why you would move away from it

7 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

As an ex-player I think he understands the game from a player's point of view more than GB.  If the DofF is to work with the players then I think that is an important quality.

Another plus with Rudy is that he has links with the Blackburn community already and has been a constant presence at Ewood and Brockhall for a number of months now so is in tune with what is happening.

Of course, it may not be Rudy who gets the job if, indeed, GB goes, but I must admit that I would welcome him.

GB has done all the coaching and Director of football course and has youth development background like many other good Director of football like Stuart Webber or Dan Ashworth. 

For Gestede has no experience in player recruitment or scouting. 

If we are going to replace GB then surely it must be someone with some experience like Les Ferdinand 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

a categorical no,though if it is true then good,brougton was never up to the job,just look at some of his signings,they were desperate (tronstadt apart)

More than one source calling this BTW

• Like 1