BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

Not bringing in a decent striker continues to cost the club and leave JDT managing with one hand tied behind his back. You put a decent forward in our team tonight and we are out of sight after half an hour. I don't criticise JDT one bit, the criticism should be directed at Venky's, Waggott, Broughton and in that order.

Also all those who were against Danny Batth we have seen with Carthorse's performances tonight and at Plymouth exactly why we needed him. Instead are options are Scott Wharton who has regressed beyond all recognition and a kid on loan from Bournemouth who played a bit for Hearts last season.

• Like 3

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

You really can't sniff at what TM's done/is doing with this Sunderland. 

I know his attitude was dog awful with us at times, and that certainly made its way onto the pitch. But you wonder if it also just came from a deeper toxicity at the club. 

He simply had too much control here and not enough expectation placed on him. Sunderland actually have standards and something resembling a decent setup in place. Granted they have their problems too, but it's a completely different environment for Mowbray compared to being here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Terrible night all started by moronic hedges. I know some on here rate him but he really does 10 shite for every 1 good thing he does 

Think he can be useful but that's was a poor error tonight. When you are as fragile as we are it's almost game over after that. 

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

They’ve looked pretty ordinary to me. Penalty and a swipe from the edge of the area through loads of bodies. 
Open game and they’re controlling it well now, but I think that’s mainly down to just how useless our 11 on the pitch are, I can count at least 5 that are league 1 at best. 

Certainly got more on a downward trajectory than an upper one these days 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

They’ve looked pretty ordinary to me. Penalty and a swipe from the edge of the area through loads of bodies. 
Open game and they’re controlling it well now, but I think that’s mainly down to just how useless our 11 on the pitch are, I can count at least 5 that are league 1 at best. 

Got them playoffs in their first season back from league one, seem as good as any we've seen this year to get there again. 

Edited by Tugay-is-God

We will get these scorelines with the way we play it’s why we have to take our chances!

A Shout out to the 3 worst cameos I’ve seen in a long time…Come on down Dolan, JRC and most importantly Jake Garret…All 3 were woeful and I mean beyond shocking.

We will probably loose Saturday and back down to realisation we come. 

The Manager is working with the bare minimum. Imagine, they bring on Roberts as a sub and we bring on Jake Garrett…That’s where we are.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

Look at what the bloke has on the bench.

Markanday - can’t get a game at Aberdeen

Dolan - probably wouldn’t get a game at Aberdeen either

Garrett - should probably be on loan at Aberdeen

Telalovic - German 4th division part time league. 

Absolute non-game changers. 

Venkys fucking us over again and again. Pull all our budget, don’t say a word to fans, no explanation, not been seen for 10 years. 

All whilst we have a comical commercial operation running alongside.

Amazed JDT is hanging around.  

Amazed Rovers fans aren't demonstrating against the owners every week.

Two losses at Ewood already and we’re not even out of September. Hard to see how we do anything this season - squad simply doesn’t have enough quality.

It really is laughable that not one signing is having remotely any meaningful impact on this side. The blame is pretty much on Venky’s here but I will say that our recruitment team don’t seem to have covered themselves in glory either - likes of Tronstadt can’t even get a kick whilst the Ennis gamble is backfiring.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He contributes to the defeats on many occasions. 

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Top 6. Enough said.

What’s Top 6 got to with my post stating they’ve looked ordinary tonight? 
Tony and Sunderland are blessed with a decent wallet, £10m for Clarke, £4m for Bellingham etc. 

You’re blaming the wrong horse here if you’re snapping at JDT relying on our academy, free transfers, and the dregs of Mowbrays signings for us (Markanday, Pears, Dolan, Pickering).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Yes how dare he sub a player that's not up to it with another player that's not up to it.

True, you are dead right. He should persist with a team of not technically good enough players playing tiki-taka football in around our box week after week. That's not a recipe for disaster at all 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

And there it is, a defeat to Tony Mowbray.

This "PlayStation football" has to be re-considered. We're going to concede 2-3 every week playing this way. Not sure why JDT has decided to start going all out attack when we don't have very good attackers. 

We don't have very good defenders either with the exception of Hyam.

Don’t think Sunderland were value for the win at all. Fortunate and mainly by virtue of two of our own mistakes, plus the untaken chances. Jack Clarke has an exceedingly punchable face. Hope he finds the fists that mug deserves.

Nothing we don’t know about our deficiencies but I am especially annoyed to lose to a poxy club like these. Their fans were shitting themselves and silent for most of the game and their players looked utterly bamboozled. We let them back in but we could’ve been home and dry before they’d got their trousers on.

We move on.

• Like 6