BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

14 hours ago, neophox said:

Max Bird at Derby would attract offers in January..think we need more steel in midfeld. Contract expires in summer. Time to cash in. Would add Clarke Harris from Peterborough also expiring contract and Ronnie Edwards promising centre half.

And again, thanks for the info. Looks like we're signing a whole new team

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think it was confirmed that he had a medical? We just didn't end up completing the deal. Or did I misremember that?

I was only joking.

A quite a few were hanging on every word of a poster during the transfer window. 

I think they were definitely on the wind-up, as I don’t think they’ve posted since the closing of the transfer window 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Polky said:

I was only joking.

A quite a few were hanging on every word of a poster during the transfer window. 

I think they were definitely on the wind-up, as I don’t think they’ve posted since the closing of the transfer window 😂

I hope this is one of the things the mods keep an eye on.

https://fotbolltransfers.com/nyheter/lista-alla-utgaende-kontrakt-i-allsvenskan-2023/175654

All expiring contracts from the Swedish Allsvenskan. Not fully up to date since some players already signed for new clubs. 

Don't know who would be realistic. Maybe Jonas Knudsen from Malmö, used to play under JDT if I remember correctly.

Amadeus Sögaard is the son of famous singer Carola. Decent players as well. 

Maybe Carl Gustafsson from Kalmar would be a nice addition to midfield. Someone who can run his socks off. But, he's been struggling with injury this season and hasn't played since April. Before that, Brugge in Belgium was rumoured to be interested.

And Oscar Pettersson signed for Göteborg. 

• Like 2

On 09/12/2023 at 04:41, Mattyblue said:

They do need to keep an eye on it in January.

Transfer windows always bring attention seekers out the woodwork who know fans are desperate for news and have them on a string on forums, Twitter etc. The summer was the worst I can remember on here for it. 

I think the problem was that usually Rich Sharpe would be around to nip a lot of the bullshit rumours in the bud.

Since there was no proper Rovers reporter around, it was like the wild west for the bullshitters. A total free for all.

One in particular had quite a few hanging on his every word. I found it funny when the thick twat screenshotted a post from his own bullshit twitter page as evidence to back up his ITK claims.

• Like 1

In January if we can afford anyone at all I would be surprised.  If we can (do we get Raya money?) Then I think we can only afford one dimensional players.  If that's the remit though the dimension needs to be pace for me.  We miss an alternate dynamic at times.  

We’ve obviously no money to spend ….but if we were to add to the squad I just ask one thing …..that due diligence is done regarding fitness . 
Ennis , clearly , never was and never will be fit enough to deserve a salary , same could be said of Siggurdson .

Add these two to the always fragile Gallagher , the less than 90 minutes even when fit Rankin Costello and we have the problems we have now . 
Some clearly aren’t good enough / not ready …what I would give for an experienced striker with a good fitness record ….they exist in the lower leagues …but can we find them ? Obviously not ! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dolly blue said:

We’ve obviously no money to spend ….but if we were to add to the squad I just ask one thing …..that due diligence is done regarding fitness . 
Ennis , clearly , never was and never will be fit enough to deserve a salary , same could be said of Siggurdson .

Add these two to the always fragile Gallagher , the less than 90 minutes even when fit Rankin Costello and we have the problems we have now . 
Some clearly aren’t good enough / not ready …what I would give for an experienced striker with a good fitness record ….they exist in the lower leagues …but can we find them ? Obviously not ! 

Who the fuck, does our fitness tests ?

• Like 2

One thing JDT seems very consistent about is not playing players until they are absolutely fully fit and ready to go - I wonder whether the tail end of last season when Scott Wharton was arguably rushed back in and had a couple of absolute nightmare games may have played a part in it. Other managers would give players half an hour here or there to build match fitness, but Tomasson seems to avoid even that as much as possible - not sure if its a good or bad thing to be honest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Are there any strikers in the lower leagues that we might be interested in? 

longstaff from notts county,banging the goals in and a big chunky lad who won`t be easily knocked off the ball,probably not in our player model,at 26 he won`t offer much sell on value,still better than telalovic and vale (who looks like he needs a loan out)

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

please don`t tell me the situation is that bad we can`t afford a player from notts county😂

Sadly yes.

I think a few player sales will be required in Jan. If the high court appearance is delayed in Feb as it was twice earlier in the year, we'll be struggling to pay bills in March/April.