BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Jake Young, 22 year old striker at Swindon on loan from Bradford. Someone to buy in the summer? Scored 16 goals in 19 games so far in League two... astonishing season compared to last season.

And why not Macauley Langstaff, Ali Al-Hamadi or Colby Bishop in january to boost our strikeforce.

Edited by neophox

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Jake Young, 22 year old striker at Swindon on loan from Bradford. Someone to buy in the summer? Scored 16 goals in 19 games so far in League two... astonishing season compared to last season.

Think Ali Al Hamadi is the one Rovers want in january. Iraqi International

5 hours ago, neophox said:

And why not Macauley Langstaff, Ali Al-Hamadi or Colby Bishop in january to boost our strikeforce.

Why not? They would cost money. Look towards India.

Oscar Pettersson Brommapojkarna available on a free transfer. Did not sign a new dea, 23 years old striker and scored 10 goals in Allsvenskan for a team almost relegated. Would jump at the chance coming to Rovers and JDT also IFK Gothenburg interested so act quick.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Oscar Pettersson Brommapojkarna available on a free transfer. Did not sign a new dea, 23 years old striker and scored 10 goals in Allsvenskan for a team almost relegated. Would jump at the chance coming to Rovers and JDT also IFK Gothenburg interested so act quick.

Feel like a winger is needed more than a striker really - Wonder if we will go in for Rak Sakyi at Palace? 

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

I know SW said at the fans forum that targets are being looked at for January. Playing devil's advocate though, India may look at recent results and say " what do we need a striker for, we're scoring plenty of goals at the moment"

I doubt it would be that detailed a response. Seemingly just a case of we arent putting any more money in.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 19:03, neophox said:

On 29/11/2023 at 19:11, neophox said:

Think Ali Al Hamadi is the one Rovers want in january. Iraqi International

Scouts may see something that stats don't show, but I don't see any reason to attempt to sign a lad (Al-Hamadi) who has 8 goals in League Two (half the total of the first player you suggest) and sits joint 11th in the League Two top scorers list. Hard to see why us and Leeds would have any particular interest based on that.

Frankly I'd have trepidation about signing any League Two striker for any sort of fee, I'd want to know they can hack it in the league between here and there first. Young only scored 2 goals in League Two last season, every chance he's flash in the pan. I wouldn't be asking him to make a 2 league jump unless it was for peanuts.

Although experience is needed failing that surely we will be looked upon as an attractive option with our style of play  for some of the better younger lads that might be let out on loan  in January.Hopefully we can pick up a player or 2 who can impact our season like Moran and Hill have so far 

6 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Feel like a winger is needed more than a striker really - Wonder if we will go in for Rak Sakyi at Palace? 

I can't say we've really looked like we need a winger personally... we create a lot of chances the way we play at the moment, and have no forwards who are any good in the air to get on any crosses anyway. Issue is more on finishing the chances we create imo. Need someone to share the burden with Szmodics.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neophox said:

Won't claim to have heard of him but looks pretty direct and got a finish on him. Appears more right winger than centre forward to me

Edited by Southside Rover

On 30/11/2023 at 15:24, neophox said:

That'll be a nightmare for the shirt printer---- we'll just call him Jazzy for short

• Like 2