BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You might want to read the whole discussion. Get back to me when you have 👍

And again.

You constantly insult anyone who has the slightest difference of opinon. All very sad really.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If we're brutally honest, Travis is a pantomime villain. He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. 

I would wager that many of his yellow cards were for technical offences rather that nailing an opponent with a hard tackle. My patience ran out with him at Millwall last season when he bottled out of a challenge in the corner, they broke and scored their third goal. He got taken off at half time and from that we won the game.

I see the point about losing an experienced player but some posts are wide of the mark in terms of his ability and what he is capable of.

• Like 6

Not bothered about Trav going but to replace him with a kid from Brighton is bonkers. 

Hill leaving too and replaced by a kid from lge 1. I kinda understand that one as at least it's a permanent deal but JDT has been saying all season that we need experience...and then our first two signings are kids. 

Our sole purpose is to develop young players these days. Not a shred of ambition. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KentExile said:

I would agree that if we sell Travis, he needs to be replaced with another midfielder (either box to box or a deeper laying player to allow Wharton to operate further forwards) due to the injuries to Buckley and JRC for the rest of the season

Nobbers best midfielder is free at the end of the season, deep lying allowing young Adam to crack on....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frosty said:

Why does he need games? He's an experienced 26 year old midfielder who's been a constant in our team up until recently. If he's not being picked at the moment, fine, that can happen across a long season and did around this time last year, but we should be looking after ourselves and keep him around. He'd probably have been back in the team soon.

Of course that's what a normal club would do. Likelihood here is we're absolutely on our arse and can save a few grand a week.

He's in the prime of his career so he should be playing regularly these days and looking to maximise his earning potential. If you're not playing regularly, you're in a weak negotiating position come your next move or new contract.

He's not suited to a passing style of football and he's too slow. Sit him in front of the back four and ask him not to cross the halfway line and he'll do a half decent job of breaking up play. Trondstad does that role far better though so he's not getting in ahead of him.

Mental decision. Naive Jon strikes again. No place in the squad for Trav when he is clearly good enough to be in it all because he has this deluded notion of how he thinks the team should play. The team that has lost 6 of it's last 8 is it??

Maybe your system and tactics need looking at and not any player you don't deem suitable to your suicide football needs to cast aside? Saying he has no input in these decisions is definitely not the case. He is playing his part in the shit show the club currently finds itself in. 

• Like 1

Think we'll do more business and try and push upwards in the table.

If not then Ayari for Travis doesn't make much sense to me. We're inn freefall form-wise at the moment so would think JDT wanted to keep his experienced captain until the summer. 

I not upset Travis is gone. I don't rate him and think he's a poor captain.

Why I'm more galled at is if the supposed replacement is the kid from Brighton. We should be replacing what we've got with better, experience quality. Not taking a chance on some clubs inexperienced kids.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's asked to leave. We've signed someone who wants to play for us to replace him.

Those dots are eluding you again, as they always do. 

I think you are arguing just for the sake of it. Do you really believe swapping Travis for this youngster is a good move?

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nobbers best midfielder is free at the end of the season, deep lying allowing young Adam to crack on....

Not that you're obsessed or anything, having brought him up twice without prompting. 

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Not that you're obsessed or anything, having brought him up twice without prompting. 

Want him in mate.  Just what we need.  You should know that by the way he's rag dolled our midfield the last 2 times we played them, scoring and assisting....what more?

• Like 1

Cost cutting

Cost cutting

Cost cutting

Cost cutting

We need more bodies in the building not less, this side is running on empty right now. Will getting rid of Travis keep us in this division? That is the fight we could be faced with over the next few months?

Venky W*****s.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I think you are arguing just for the sake of it. Do you really believe swapping Travis for this youngster is a good move?

They are two totally different type of player.

Do we know a defensive midfielder won't be signed before the window ends?

Travis isnt getting in ahead of Wharton or Tronstad, or JRC when he is back fit.He will not have been happy going from captain on the field to captain on the bench.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Would be a decent back up to Tronstad 😉 

Although would imagine his wages and signing on fee (since he would be moving on a free) would be too high for a back up player

• Like 1

I will judge the window at the end of the month. However, biggest alarm bell for me is that the new guy is only 5’ 8”!

We are terrible at set pieces and are crying out for height. A team needs taller players.

By the end of the window I am hoping for experienced, strong, TALL players to be added to the team. One more short arse isn’t the end of the world, we do need more quality creative attacking options from the bench. But if we keep on signing guys under six foot we are always going to be losing tons of points from being totally inept at attacking and defending set pieces.

• Like 1