BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

25 minutes ago, J*B said:

Reminds me of when Gareth Crook used to do BBC Team of the Week and nobody was ever in the right position. 

Rothwell played on the right all the time before he went central and Armstrong played on the left in league one and in the championship before going up top. Everyone else is where they should be except cairney who was wasted out wide so I put him where I constantly said he should be played as proved by his form since . The defenders could be re jigged to there preferred feet and position etc I suppose 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86

The impressive bit of this championship 11 years squads is not one has a hard case unit of a central midfielder - Mokoena our last one? N'Zonzi was tall but petulant.  

We must be one of a tiny handful of clubs who have been relegated and ended up with more technical lightweight players rather than vice versa 

7 hours ago, Hasta said:

You've said this a couple of times lately but that certainly wasn't my recollection of the game. We had a lot of posession but the only other real chance I recall (and shown on the highlights) is the Sigurdsson chance. We probed and had posession and territory a lot in the first half but, as we do, created little. The second half they looked far more dangerous and eventually their pressure led to 2 Wahlstedt mistakes.

All the key stats seem to back up my view.

When we tired we had no nouse to try and see the game out.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 13.51.22.png

I stand by my original comments. Sigurdsson perfect good goal disallowed for no reason. Sigurdsson and Carter efforts. 

Plus the game changed when he brought on Rajovic and Healey plus just before Hyam had gone off

6 hours ago, martonrover said:

Thanks for posting this.

The stats as compiled by someone watching without red rose tinted glasses on.

Of course, even if they had been more favourable to Rovers, the only stat that really counts is the score line.

Yawn. 

2 hours ago, Andy said:

No, I absolutely don't 😂
And I didn't say he was 'brilliant' against Watford - somebody had suggested that he had no redeeming features and I used that game (pre-Watford-goals) to point out that he'd played well, which anyone with actual eyes could see that he had.

Leo (yes, easier to type than his surname) has dropped some absolute amateur-level clangers, like Huddersfield away and the 2 Watford home goals from the top of my head.

But I've seen enough from both GKs for it to be blatantly obvious to me that he's still streets ahead of Pears and has a much higher ceiling.
Jumping on a young GK when he makes some mistakes isn't going to help anyone, is it?

There was the first goal at Southampton from the corner, the first goal against Rotherham and arguably the first goal, near post against Hull, on top of the ones(both first goals) that you've mentioned. 

That's been his main problem, if he'd been responsible for "unimportant" goals, it wouldn't have been as bad, but his mistakes have left the team with an uphill struggle in the last 5 games. 

• Like 1

Also ex Brighton top target now Chelsea loanee army striker Datro Fofana (FM legend) recalled from loan in Germany.  Wonder if the Scandinavian connection, links to Brighton and desperation for a striker may connect dots 

Since 2012…

Kaminski

JRC.          Dann.         Givet.        Olsson

Reed.         Rothwell

Marshall.               Dack.              King

Gestede 

Kaminski 

Lenihan    Tosin   Van Hecke  Givet

Cairney   Reed

Brereton    Dack     Elliott

Armstrong

Trying to pick a right back was fun. We have had some dross there in 10 years. Opted for lenihan.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Also ex Brighton top target now Chelsea loanee army striker Datro Fofana (FM legend) recalled from loan in Germany.  Wonder if the Scandinavian connection, links to Brighton and desperation for a striker may connect dots 

Seen some Chelsea pages say Sevilla are close to getting him on loan and burnley are exploring a deal for him

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I stand by my original comments. Sigurdsson perfect good goal disallowed for no reason. Sigurdsson and Carter efforts. 

Plus the game changed when he brought on Rajovic and Healey plus just before Hyam had gone off

Yawn. 

We lost. The end.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Can we sell Leo in this window for his current value?

Please?!

Screenshot_2024-01-11-22-20-21-22_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

I'm sure we'd snap the hand off any club that came offering that! But transfermarkt's valuations are sadly not very accurate. As can be seen by Pickering having the same valuation on their site as Szmodics....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B16Rover said:

Brighton? How exactly? 

Kaminski

Baptiste     Van Hecke            Hanley     Olsson 

Reed                     Cairney

Conway                   Rothwell                  Armstrong

Rhodes                             

Edited by Ewood Ace

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Can we sell Leo in this window for his current value?

Please?!

Screenshot_2024-01-11-22-20-21-22_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

Every one of those valuations are not even on nodding terms with reality, apart from Gamble.

The figures for Leo and Harry have to be typos or a piss take.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Is this just the ‘general chat’ thread now? If so, can we make a Transfer one? Thanks 👍🏼

This is the transfer thread. Please don't derail the in depth discussions on all of our many transfer activities.  

Comments like this should be reserved for general discussion threads.

Thanks 👍

My 11 of those we should never have sold/ or sold for peanuts

Formation: 3-5-2 (Since I can't think of any leftback)

Raya

Nyambe, Lenihan, Van Hecke, 

Marshall, Reed, Rothwell, Cairney, BBD

Rhodes, Joshua King

31 minutes ago, RoversSG said:

My 11 of those we should never have sold/ or sold for peanuts

Formation: 3-5-2 (Since I can't think of any leftback)

Raya

Nyambe, Lenihan, Van Hecke, 

Marshall, Reed, Rothwell, Cairney, BBD

Rhodes, Joshua King

JPvH and Reed were loans, they pretty much had to leave. Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, BBD and King went as their contracts expired - another issue which has been discussed endlessly. Rhodes was desperate to leave and I believe we got 8m, so hardly peanuts. 

‘Stay on topic guys!’

If we are actually linked with anyone/can actually find £500k after paying the VAT bill and getting rid of the captain then the thread will be over it - we obviously aren’t being so it goes off topic, otherwise you may as well just lock it for a week at a time until Nixon posts some BS on a Sunday morning.

• Like 2

No doubt or argument that some ex players have gone on to play and have some success (fleeting in most cases) at higher levels but there are some heavily rose tinted specs being worn too. 

Josh King for instance was a waste of a shirt 3 games out of 4.

33 minutes ago, neophox said:

Back to signings... anyone coming in today? Got a whole week to complete a transfer.

Fofana was a good shout on loan but I don't see the connection and would assume they still want a level higher than a (struggling) Championship side. McGuire from MLS was rookie of the year and I would gladly take him, but I think we have to look at that kind of pedigree or higher, or there's no point to making a deal really. 

Ole Sæter was mentioned in the summer but I don't rate him that highly. Good left foot and a strong finisher though. Signed a new contract in the summer after months of discussions/speculation but wants to try his luck abroad and Nürnberg in tier 2 in Germany have been lurking about. 28 y.o. so no resale value, and fairly untested.