BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

If it's true and we have pulled out of the deal for the American then for all we know there could be a good reason that benefits our club i.e. someone better, terms were unrealistic, Wharton deal off. I'll wait for some clarification before assuming the worst. 

As I've posted @TheKitGuy said Laurence Shankland.

Imo offers no resale value, McGuire would have (hopefully)

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apologies. I'm equallyconfused why you think that's important.

I think it's rather more important that he would appear to be fucking useless. The only way in which we can salvage a bit of self respect  from this is if someone better has suddenly become available AND we land him.

Still leaves a sour taste though.

I never suggested it was important. I just thought it was very weird and a bit amusing to put "Greg" in that punctuation as if you thought it was only allegedly his name.

We don't even know if this random Twitterati is right about the deal being off, and if he is, we don't know if it's because Wharton is off, or there's another target. So whilst this doesn't look good at this moment, I'll wait til the deadline has gone before I vent my spleen (which I'll certainly do if it stays this shit).

Edited by bluebruce

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He'll walk as will GB as a fuck you to the board and owners.

Let's see how it plays out in the wash.

It's an awful look changing our mind when the lad has flown half way around the world. If the money is being used for other positions that's another story.

If the owners have kiboshed any plans to spend the A. Wharton money (cos you KNOW that transfer will still happen) and cut Broughton's knees out from under him again then he'll leave. His reputation is being destroyed by these owners. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

If I was JDT and this was against my wishes I’d be walking.

Tomorrow is a big day now, if you sell Wharton you have to back the manager 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Tom said:

If I was JDT and this was against my wishes I’d be walking.

Tomorrow is a big day now, if you sell Wharton you have to back the manager 

Likewise with GB - if things collapse due to influence outside of his control, I can't see him not walking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Right OK, I'm wondering if this is right now - just say you give GB the benefit of the doubt for the O Brien deal and he assumed he was ok to go ahead but the V's pulled it at the last minute. (Not what I reckon happened but let's go with it)

What are the odds that if that happened 12 months ago  GB would set up another deal and fly someone over from the US  without authorisation? Pretty slim I'd have thought.

What are the odds of the V's vetoing 2 deals after sanctioning them in the first place? Equally slim.

Unless of course Adam is chugging back up the motorway in his mk1 Fiesta for a few more months oop in the frozen North before moving to the metropolis of the South?

We can but hope on the last part.

• Like 1

This is proper amateur hour nonsense.

Can anyone with better links than me substantiate the “Venky’s sprog running around Ewood playing Championship Manager in real life” whisper that came around about a year ago?

What other than the whimsy of an entitled, trust fund brat would facilitate such fucking ineptitude?

O’Brien was supposed to be a freak occurrence, this is currently form.

• Like 2