BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

• Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Another hour gone and still nothing confirmed. Why do we have to go through this agony? Time to abolish the transfer windows and go back to the old system 

Wouldn't help with our owners. We need to abolish their ownership to have any chance of moving forward.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

A decent director of football manages to find quality, regardless of budget

Ahhh I see!! 

Add miracle worker to the Job description.

If you're employing a position for a role and have £20k salary budget to let's say employ a fully qualified accountant, you'd be struggling big time.

Same situation here.

• Like 5

God, I've just posted on Twitter/X which I very rarely do because I'm 3 parts pissed 🙄 

How many pages was the last January transfer thread?  I'll be dead from alcohol poisoning or pass out by 11pm 😔

10 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I can't bring myself to click on it. I'm genuinely heartbroken. I was never going to forgive venkys anyway, but this is a new low.

They're just bastards they really are

If only that person hadn't thrown that snowball....and we'd still be in the Premier League...oh, wait.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

For most of us, it's not hate. 

We just base our extreme disappointment on the evidence of who he has brought sine he arrived, especially the permanent signings, who he has said were his number one targets. 

We have all been waiting to see if last January's catastrophic cock-up, which directly cost us a play-off place,  would prove to be a one-off. 

The answer so far is no, we are still waiting for him to support Rovers to punch above their weight, which is the sign of a good football administrator. I've not seen that he has quality contacts, or the ability to 'spot a player', and these are the main elements of his job. 

A decent director of football manages to find quality, regardless of budget, and he hasn't brought in a single quality player (Hyam excepted, although he was identified before GB arrived).

Broughton has had to work under increased financial pressure since June, but he has known that he would probably have 4 or 5 million to spend since last week, or before, so a D of F worth his salt would have had 2 quality players lined up in advance of Adam's departure, but no, not a single major signing, to make up for the debacle of Jan '23.

That's why the jury is out, and for many of us, he is part of the problem, not the solution. 

JDT's talent has provided protection for him for 18 months, but many of us see-through that.

Are you any clearer now? 

He has no money to spend on a permanent deal why do you think McGuire has gone from a permanent to a loan?Why you think we are signing 37 year olds on 4 month deals?Taking a lad on loan from Liverpool who hasn't done much in his previous loans?

It's more like 5 pence rather than £5 million Broughton has

I still feel our recruitment looks poor even with the little we have but it's the owners who are the issue here nobody else 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I can't bring myself to click on it. I'm genuinely heartbroken. I was never going to forgive venkys anyway, but this is a new low.

They're just bastards they really are

If only that person hadn't thrown that snowball....and we'd still be in the Premier League...oh, wait.....

Just now, Tim Southampton Rover said:

Have they fired up the fax machine yet for Big Dunc? Gone very quiet!

fax machine and all pc`s turned off at 5 pm by order of swag,helps with our carbon footprint,we are now using enviromentally friendly pigeons to send the forms to the league hq

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

For most of us, it's not hate. 

We just base our extreme disappointment on the evidence of who he has brought sine he arrived, especially the permanent signings, who he has said were his number one targets. 

We have all been waiting to see if last January's catastrophic cock-up, which directly cost us a play-off place,  would prove to be a one-off. 

The answer so far is no, we are still waiting for him to support Rovers to punch above their weight, which is the sign of a good football administrator. I've not seen that he has quality contacts, or the ability to 'spot a player', and these are the main elements of his job. 

A decent director of football manages to find quality, regardless of budget, and he hasn't brought in a single quality player (Hyam excepted, although he was identified before GB arrived).

Broughton has had to work under increased financial pressure since June, but he has known that he would probably have 4 or 5 million to spend since last week, or before, so a D of F worth his salt would have had 2 quality players lined up in advance of Adam's departure, but no, not a single major signing, to make up for the debacle of Jan '23.

That's why the jury is out, and for many of us, he is part of the problem, not the solution. 

JDT's talent has provided protection for him for 18 months, but many of us see-through that.

Are you any clearer now? 

Broughton identifies the players within ever-changing financial constraints and Waggot will oversee the deals, I assume.  They might be both at fault, but we know that our record in the transfer market has been poor for longer than GB has been around.  Truth is no-one on this Board knows who does what, with the exception of the owners, who have a long, long charge sheet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Wouldn't help with our owners. We need to abolish their ownership to have any chance of moving forward.

The post wasn't about us but the bigger picture of the ridiculous nature of the transfer window

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Decent deal for who then? Certainly not Blackburn Rovers.

£22m for a teenager with less than 50 apps in the Championship who isnt a U21 capped player moving to a non European competing team in the Premier League is a decent deal. Whatever happens to the money doesn't change the fact the deal is decent.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I hope JDT and GB walk and talk.

QPR is likely to be my last game until Venkys go (and I’m only there on a freebie).

I’ve tried so hard to do what I can, even being on the Trust board for 6 years. But you just constantly bang your head against a brick wall with this club.

I can’t walk away from my first love but I have to for my sanity. I fucking hate how Venkys are making me feel.

Honestly, the only thing keeping me sane is this site, knowing that others can see through the Venky charade.

100% - Supporting your club shouldn’t have such a negative impact on your life. I personally do not want to hear anything from GB after the window. Only Waggot. We can’t rinse the academy to keep the lights on. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@rigger who's the next academy grad to step up? We currently have Garrett, Tronstad, who's the next best academy player?

Since the change of the structure of the U21s league, I have not been going to games, so I don't know many of the newer youngsters. But I still rate Batty, but he doesn't seem to feature much now. I don't know if that is down to attitude or fitness. He has or at least had, two main attributes, pace and aggression. Two qualities that the first team lack. I have always thought that Batty would fill the left wing-back spot, but the opportunity seems to be passing him bye. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

£22m for a teenager with less than 50 apps in the Championship who isnt a U21 capped player moving to a non European competing team in the Premier League is a decent deal. Whatever happens to the money doesn't change the fact the deal is decent.

A ‘good deal’ for the agent, a ‘good deal’ for Adam financially, a ‘good deal’ objectively for a lad not yet 20.

But I’ll repeat how is this a ‘good deal’ for Blackburn Rovers when you yourself know we’ll hardly see a penny?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Midfield is terrible now without Travis and Wharton.. It comprises Tronstadt (ok), Garrett (nowhere near ) and Buckley (unfit). Although JRC can play there (effectively) its robbing Peter to pay Paul as there is no right back/wing back in the absence of Brittain for at lest the next month. And all is before any further injuries. Meanwhile... the team we face this weekend, QPR, have taken Isaac Hayden on loan from Newcastle. It's impossible not to see where all this is going....

• Like 4

Centre mid options:

Tronstad - very good imo

JRC -needed elsewhere on the park / gets injured

Garrett - not had a run of games playing deeper. He's got something but I'm not convinced. Would be a massive step down in quality from Wharton. 

Ayari. - little experience /not our player

Buckley - currently injured and hasn't played much all season. Will take a while to get back up to speed.

The lack of cover from tronstad is alarming. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alcd said:

QPR, have taken Isaac Hayden on loan from Newcastle. It's impossible not to see where all this is going....

Wolves midfielder Joe Hodge is set to join QPR on loan for the rest of the season too