BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Who the fucks this Liverpool kid? Played about 15 games in total for 2 clubs no one's ever heard of.

Absolute barrel scraping.

We failed with Phillips so they palmed us of with some lesser known nobody to soften the blow.

Boring.

Predictable.

Depressing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

We don't hear from you often, but when we do its invariably stuff like this. I can't make sense of it. Whether £22.5 is decent money or not can only be seen by supporters as a good deal if its reinvested in the squad and we move rapidly up the table.

That's not going to happen, its never happened and we've lost a key member of our squad.

Stop defending these bastards. They paying you or something?

He's probably one of the Facebook crew

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Travis wanted to leave cos he wasn't playing and when he did play he wasn't playing in the position he wanted in the 6 role

I don't believe it.

Edited by 47er

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Why pretend you were suggesting Wharton’s sale was some sort of Venky’s exit strategy? You’ve just pointed out the futility of that argument above. It’s ok to just admit you were misinformed.

At what point did I allude to it being a Venkys exit stategy? the fuckers aint going anywhere, selling to cover losses so we aint hit with a points deduction is my take.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Is Buckley back soon? When is his estimated return? I only know that he had surgery on his shoulder somewhat recently, so assumed he wouldn't be back until around April at best. 

He (Buckley) did an interview last month and said mid February

Well what a window  I wonder what the clubs reaction will be, a proud club well run, well it was stillmwe had these owners .its a day riversxdans will not forget. The start  of the end of Blackburn rovers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Lets see who plays in midfield on Saturday, that will show who is going to replace Wharton.

He won't be playing on Saturday as he is injured. Can only imagine it will eventually be Buckley and I'm not his biggest fan tbh

Edited by Tugayisgod

39 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

You are constantly mentioning 22m. The actual deal is for 18m potentially rising to 22m. I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one. 

And the £22m is reduced by a "loyalty" payment to the player plus agent's fees and 20% VAT so probably closer to £15m net. 

I will state the obvious for anyone biting their tongue from saying, “get behind the lads, FFS, Venky’s are keeping the club afloat,” or similar: if Venky’s sanction the Wharton money for spending in the summer, then fair enough and I shall toast each of them at my wedding to Margot Robbie in the Autumn. Buy a hat, gang, you’ve been warned.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

He’ll probably get a tune out of him as well. Can see him getting his first league goal at Ewood a week on Saturday.

Good luck to him.

He turned up unfit to Rovers and looked slow af whenever he got on the pitch. If we've got him off the books and made a small profit then that's a great deal for us - he was definitely worth a punt, but it just hasn't worked out. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have Tronstad, Garrett, Ayari, JRC, Buckley(back soon and the ideal player to replace Wharton in the 8 role), potential new signing

Our recruitment should fit the way we play football. 

I'm not sure he would start tbh here. I think Garrett or Ayari will take the place of Wharton

Buckley could barely get a start for 23rd place Sheffield Wednesday and it's only a few months ago you were supporting the decision to farm him out on loan.

The problem with moving JRC to midfield is that then we have no right back.

Garrett is nothing more than a lower league clogger and if you are expecting him replace Wharton then that is where we will end up.

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I do wonder if we have been told we can't spend money on transfer fees because of the pending court case. This isn't to absolve the owners - as ultimately the court case is down to them.

That's been known about for some time though - so again, why would GB think he could spend a decent chunk on McGuire, presumably as a result of the Wharton sale? Is there literally no communication between our DOF and those above him until the very last second, when a deal has already been made?

We've also spent £500k on this Crewe lad and reportedly at least £500k on a loan fee for McGuire, likely instalment based for the Crewe lad at least, but still... some money is there - but seemingly the majority of it can only be spent on players who won't be with us beyond the current season. Nothing good to be concluded from that.  

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

He (Buckley) did an interview last month and said mid February

Mid-feb return to the first team, or training? Didn't see that interview. 

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

It's got to the stage where I really don't care anymore.

Another total shit show of a window but no doubt GB will charm his way through the post window review and nobody ( certainly not the  LT) will ask him the tough questions 

Like "Gregg, how do you assemble a Championship quality squad with literally buttons? 'Cos the fans demand that you do and are blaming you for the owners' inability / refusal to put money into the club"?

21 minutes ago, LDRover said:

If it costs these bastards 20 million a quid a year in running costs would selling the club not save them that amount every year? Seems a no brainer to me.

It's obviously not an issue to them otherwise they would have cut and run years ago.  In fact i'd say it's the opposite they bought the club factoring in they'd comfortably lose c10 mill a year whilst writing it off as advertising fees or something.

43 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Cue Broughton preparing his patronising post window interview where he praises the owners for their continued support and extols their virtues with his toothy, smarmy grin.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing what the smug bastard has to say to try and paint the window in acceptable light. I'm guessing the only thing he can say is to use the classic excuse "January is a notoriously difficult window, we're keeping our powder dry until summer".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

He won't be playing on Saturday adhe is injured. Can only imagine it will eventually be Buckley and I'm not his biggest fan tbh

Whoever plays on Saturday is Whartons replacement, that may change in the future, but only time will tell.