BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

2019  academy prospect Raya was sold

2021 young signing then developed Adam Armstrong was sold for 3 times more than was paid.

In between Bradley Dack would have been sold had he not been injured and Ben Brereton was signed with the clear intention to develop and sell for profit.

Of course that has always been the intention it was just never forced on Mowbray but he raked in at the time c7 million profit on those two. So the funders were happy value was going into the squad and there when needed.

Now sales are being forced again but they wouldn't be able to be if there wasn't value, even small value from developed players.  The real issue is the gross incompetence of them letting 4 or 5 players slip through the net for nothing.

I doubt that was the intention but somewhere along the line they all right royally ballsed up again.

With respect, @tomphil, surely another question that hasn't been properly answered is why on earth that money raised on Raya, Armstrong & Brereton Diaz wasn't re-invested in younger players to replace them? I'm not being naïve if I believe our scouts can identify them, am I?

Hopefully, the Director of Football set-up will prevent that in future. And equally hopefully, our owners won't tamper with it.

Edited by R0verb0y
Suddenly realised I hadn't asked the rhetorical question that I meant to!

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

So, just for clarity, what is the main weakness in the team at the moment, attack or defence ?

Obviously the defence, but that is  down to the style of play, the same defence was good last season when we werent playing so gung ho. But a striker like Armstrong would have a field day with all these chances.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

With respect, @tomphil, surely another question that hasn't been properly answered is why on earth that money raised on Raya, Armstrong & Brereton Diaz wasn't re-invested in younger players to replace them? I'm not being naïve if I believe our scouts can identify them, am I?

Hopefully, the Director of Football set-up will prevent that in future. And equally hopefully, our owners won't tamper with it.

37 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

It has on closer inspection with the exception of Diaz who left for nothing after costing around 7 million.

Raya money went towards Gallagher, confirmed by Mowbray himself at the time.

Armstrong money keeps getting brought up but the profit from that was around 4 million and when it came into the accounts last summer it was spent on Hyam and Brittain etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I know football doesn't work like this but I don't expect anything from this game but the 5 after I honestly feel we could go on a nice run,  Coventry, QPR, Cardiff, Millwall and Swansea are all winnable games!

I expect us to win tomorrow, I don't expect us to win the five games after tomorrow.

4 hours ago, moerpho said:

Going by the warped logic of the Championship I’m going for a thumping win in this one. That’s one thing I’ve learned from all these years in this league. It’s not like the PL where most matches are decided before kickoff amid the occasional upset that confirms the rule. In this league…chaos. So….a hard fought 2-0 for the mighty Rovers!

Edit: 2-0 is a thumping win

This didn't age well...!

• Like 1

I think Rovers will win tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprise if Pears had a good game tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

So when pears costs us some more points tomorrow maybe then JDT will see the light.

I thinn JDT has given up and is waiting to go. Starting Pears would be sackable in a normal club

What club would sack their head coach for picking the players he wants? which club has this happening at? 

If you think JDT has given up and waiting to go then I would suggest you look again given that his family has moved to the area in the last few months and his boys have joined Rovers academy 

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Worrying that this is the final word on the interview. Perhaps I’m overanalysing, but is JDT proving a point here by picking players to develop over players to win games? Maybe to prove a point?

I think you are deffo overanalysing and he is using Steve Waggott's words against him. I think JDT wants playoffs this season and progress us further than he did last season. He downplayed us all last season of reaching the playoffs. He is very media savvy and knows how to used it to his advantage 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is very media savvy and knows how to used it to his advantage 

+ That sentence says it all...JDT playing the bigBrother/Apprentice type game in the national media - don't forget JDT is head coach not manager !

JDT defo knows how to play that game

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he should be able to adapt,his demenour on the pitch has`nt been good and imo he needs a rocket up his backside

Its naive to expect any player let alone a young lad with minimal first team experience to be able to cope with his partner in midfield, 4 attackers and the full backs often high up the pitch and him left to protect the centre backs on counter attacks when we are so exposed. His demeanour has been identical, its just his style and doesnt mean he isnt trying his hardest.

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Nonsense

He's giving balls away that he previously calmly found an outlet for, he's been poor.

He has at times been sloppy but the system is not helping him and Tomasson needs to help him out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

It has on closer inspection with the exception of Diaz who left for nothing after costing around 7 million.

Raya money went towards Gallagher, confirmed by Mowbray himself at the time.

Armstrong money keeps getting brought up but the profit from that was around 4 million and when it came into the accounts last summer it was spent on Hyam and Brittain etc.

Ah, right; thanks @tomphil. I must confess I don't peruse the books as closely as I perhaps ought to.

Besides, I thought a fair bit of the profit on the Armstrong deal found its way back to NE4, due to the terms on which Newcastl United had sold him to us.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Rovers will win tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprise if Pears had a good game tomorrow. 

What club would sack their head coach for picking the players he wants? which club has this happening at? 

If you think JDT has given up and waiting to go then I would suggest you look again given that his family has moved to the area in the last few months and his boys have joined Rovers academy 

I think you are deffo overanalysing and he is using Steve Waggott's words against him. I think JDT wants playoffs this season and progress us further than he did last season. He downplayed us all last season of reaching the playoffs. He is very media savvy and knows how to used it to his advantage 

I’d be incredibly surprised if Pears had a good game, tbf.

• Like 1